LeanGains Plan for Cut *Please Critique*

Platinum_01

Awards
Here is what I have laid out so far.....Would really appreciate Feedback, Tips, and Criticism (but be easy) LOL!!

Stats: 170lbs, 30 years old, 5'7", Bf around 19-20%, Been lifting steady for 15 months, did a cut early last year Low Carb and got down from 27%bf to 12%bf but was mainly focused on abs showing so also lost what ever muscle I had, Just came off a Dirty Bulk where I gained some good size on my arms, chest, back/lats, but also gained Fat all in the Gut area of course.

LeanGains Plan:
Wake at 4:30am, Train 5-6am Mon, Tue, Thurs, Friday, and Sat
Main goal is to keep my muscle and shed the Gut fat so I went with the fat loss lay out over the Recomp since Im in the high Bf%, Break the fast at 11am-7pm.

On work out days: 2400 cal, 200g protein, 250g carbs, 30g fats
Non Workout: 1800 cal, 200g protein, 35g carbs, 70g fats (may do light cardio on off days randomly)

My maintenance is about 2600cals so on NWD -30% and WD -10%
Wake: 4:30am: BCAAs and Pre workout stim like Jacked (fasted)
Lift: 5-6am (workouts will be more circuit like with maybe a minute rest max in between sets)
8am: Bcaa
10am bcaa
11am-7pm: Break Fast Largest meal @ 11:15, Keep all carbs early last meal high protein and green veggies
Fast: 7pm-11am

Mainly concerned on my Macros as I want to lose the Fat around my stomach area quickly but not lose much muscle..

Thanks in advance for the replies.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your fats are low both days. .5 g/lb. bcaas pre training (weights\hiit.) Bcaas til you break your fast @11 after training only.

Platinum_01

Awards
Your fats are low both days. .5 g/lb. bcaas pre training (weights\hiit.) Bcaas til you break your fast @11 after training only.
Sounds Good! I PM'ed with KLEEN a few time and he told me the same and to also drop carbs on WD to about 150.

Thanks for the response!

Also looking into adding Some Var into the MIx but not sure yet.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Drop carbs increase fat. Lowering your carbs will dry you out and they won't get stored as fat. "Cahhhhhbs are the enemy yuuu knoww"- fat bastard :D

Platinum_01

Awards
Drop carbs increase fat. Lowering your carbs will dry you out and they won't get stored as fat. "Cahhhhhbs are the enemy yuuu knoww"- fat bastard :D
LOL!! For sure. Just dont want to drop them to much cause Im trying to keep most of my muscle.

Platinum_01

Awards
Would it be breaking the fast if I take Sizeon Pre contest, which is an intra and has 0 carb 0sugars, 10g protein, 50 calories.. I seem to be losing some size around my arms and this seems to keep them fuller.. But I still want to keep the Fast. Thanks!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The site days 50 or under liquid calories will be fine.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL!! For sure. Just dont want to drop them to much cause Im trying to keep most of my muscle.
Yeah for me I dropped then from 300 to 180-200. Usually 150-180 for cutting and this is optimal for me.

PROness

Awards
Here is what I have laid out so far.....Would really appreciate Feedback, Tips, and Criticism (but be easy) LOL!!

Stats: 170lbs, 30 years old, 5'7", Bf around 19-20%, Been lifting steady for 15 months, did a cut early last year Low Carb and got down from 27%bf to 12%bf but was mainly focused on abs showing so also lost what ever muscle I had, Just came off a Dirty Bulk where I gained some good size on my arms, chest, back/lats, but also gained Fat all in the Gut area of course.

LeanGains Plan:
Main goal is to keep my muscle and shed the Gut fat so I went with the fat loss lay out over the Recomp since Im in the high Bf%, Break the fast at 11am-7pm.

Non Workout: 1800 cal, 200g protein, 35g carbs, 70g fats (may do light cardio on off days randomly)

Lift: 5-6am (workouts will be more circuit like with maybe a minute rest max in between sets)
10am bcaa
11am-7pm: Break Fast Largest meal @ 11:15, Keep all carbs early last meal high protein and green veggies

Mainly concerned on my Macros as I want to lose the Fat around my stomach area quickly but not lose much muscle..

Martin suggested increasing your calories on 20% workout days and decreasing them 20% on non workout days, in order to avoid atrophy and keep gains coming. Remember that lean gains is not a weight loss diet it's essentially a clean bulk program that is designed to promote gains while decreasing the bodyfat that comes along with gaining mass.

Also you may want to look into adding an ECA stack if your body can handle it. Take the stack pre-workout. The only thing I recommend is increasing your BCAAs and perhaps adding a small protein shake first thing in the morning on both workout days and off days so that the thermogenic response won't tear through your glycogen stores and start feeding on your muscle during the fast.

Platinum_01

Awards
Martin suggested increasing your calories on 20% workout days and decreasing them 20% on non workout days, in order to avoid atrophy and keep gains coming. Remember that lean gains is not a weight loss diet it's essentially a clean bulk program that is designed to promote gains while decreasing the bodyfat that comes along with gaining mass.

Also you may want to look into adding an ECA stack if your body can handle it. Take the stack pre-workout. The only thing I recommend is increasing your BCAAs and perhaps adding a small protein shake first thing in the morning on both workout days and off days so that the thermogenic response won't tear through your glycogen stores and start feeding on your muscle during the fast.

Ideally thats what I would like to be doing but I my gut got out of hand with my Dirty bulk I did in the winter.. So i want to shed some of my stomach Fat quickly and once my abs start showing again I will switch the the +20/-20 Regimen.. So far 14 Days in lost 3lbs and a little over an inch around the Gut.. But I also lost some arm size.. like a 1/4 inch around Might need to adjust my carbs a bit on training days.. I did however go back to drinking SIZE ON Pre Contest as an intra so i will see if that helps...

PROness

Awards
Ideally thats what I would like to be doing but I my gut got out of hand with my Dirty bulk I did in the winter.. So i want to shed some of my stomach Fat quickly and once my abs start showing again I will switch the the +20/-20 Regimen.. So far 14 Days in lost 3lbs and a little over an inch around the Gut.. But I also lost some arm size.. like a 1/4 inch around Might need to adjust my carbs a bit on training days.. I did however go back to drinking SIZE ON Pre Contest as an intra so i will see if that helps...
Don't be surprised if you're strength decreases drastically from the constant calorie deficit. I would do lean gains as Rx'd to avoid that lost strength and mass... lean gains is designed to be a methodical program that is to be followed for the long run. Patience is key here, this isn't just quick fat loss program.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established

LeanGains Plan:

10am bcaa

Are you 170lbs at the moment? If so, how did you calculate a maintenance of 2600 kcals?

Platinum_01

Awards
Are you 170lbs at the moment? If so, how did you calculate a maintenance of 2600 kcals?
I used an IF calculator found in one of the other lean gains thread.. Its the thread that has over 180 pages.. I also used one on BB.c*m

whaz

whaz

Awards
Can someone point me to where I can get a step by step guide of the Lean Gains program? I've looked around leangains.com but it doesn't really seem to have what I'm looking for as far as a comprehensive guide.

Platinum_01

Awards
Can someone point me to where I can get a step by step guide of the Lean Gains program? I've looked around leangains.com but it doesn't really seem to have what I'm looking for as far as a comprehensive guide.
There really isn't a step by step guide.. You have to do a ton of reading to figure what route you need to take.. There is a thread on this site that is over 180 pages long with a lot of great info.. Basically any question you have is already answered on there it just takes time to read thru all of it..

crookedfinger

Awards
Ok cool, I'll have to check that thread out. Thanks.
So much bull**** on this thread.

1. Read the Lean Gains Guide on Martin's site
2. Read his ****arounditis article
3. Cut your workout to 3 days a week, anymore on a cut is futile
4. Refer to Martin's ****arounditis article and seriously consider RPT
5. Check out Andy Morgan and his ripped body.jp site for details on setting up the diet, calories and macros
6. Set calorie targets at +10/-35, there is a reason for the surplus on a 3 day a week program (hint: it aides with recovery and "gains" while on a cut)

Some clarification on Leangains, it is a protocol. Weight loss, maintenance or bulking is determined by calorie and macro splits. Even on a cut you may see gains if you train effectively, don't overtrain, and manage your calories and macros effectively. This is certainly true when you review Martin's clients, as well as, Andy Morgan's.

Too many people reference "Leangains" without knowing what the **** they are talking about and without putting in the requisite research to ensure they are following the protocols properly.

Martin is a genius, but his site is not the most user friendly for trying to figure it all out. Andy Morgan makes it all much easier for the laymen. My opinion stay off the boards, there is just too much noise and too many opinions (yes, I recognize the irony as I type this). Stick to the Leangains site and the rippedbody.jp site and you will become your own expert . Too lazy to do this, hire Andy Morgan or, if you can, Martin himself....

Good luck!!!

crookedfinger

Awards
One other thing, stop focusing on losing size, you're cutting you fat**** you are going to lose size--it's called fat. Track your lifts, track your strength, and document your measurements in key areas, especially your gut.

Not trying to be harsh, just direct. Strength is the key indicator at all times of progress. Again, reference the ****arounditis article.

Platinum_01

Awards
So much bull**** on this thread.

1. Read the Lean Gains Guide on Martin's site
2. Read his ****arounditis article
3. Cut your workout to 3 days a week, anymore on a cut is futile
4. Refer to Martin's ****arounditis article and seriously consider RPT
5. Check out Andy Morgan and his ripped body.jp site for details on setting up the diet, calories and macros
6. Set calorie targets at +10/-35, there is a reason for the surplus on a 3 day a week program (hint: it aides with recovery and "gains" while on a cut)

Some clarification on Leangains, it is a protocol. Weight loss, maintenance or bulking is determined by calorie and macro splits. Even on a cut you may see gains if you train effectively, don't overtrain, and manage your calories and macros effectively. This is certainly true when you review Martin's clients, as well as, Andy Morgan's.

Too many people reference "Leangains" without knowing what the **** they are talking about and without putting in the requisite research to ensure they are following the protocols properly.

Martin is a genius, but his site is not the most user friendly for trying to figure it all out. Andy Morgan makes it all much easier for the laymen. My opinion stay off the boards, there is just too much noise and too many opinions (yes, I recognize the irony as I type this). Stick to the Leangains site and the rippedbody.jp site and you will become your own expert . Too lazy to do this, hire Andy Morgan or, if you can, Martin himself....

Good luck!!!

Thanks! Will definitely check out those sites and the Article..