"Lean" Bulking: dbol or tbol?

Cczw95

Awards
Dear Forumers!
I have been training for 8 years.
I've read a lot about the dbol/tbol comparison in the past, but I can't make up my mind.

Which one is better for bulking mass gain? dbol or tbol?
I want the least amount of water retention. (bulking)

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
There isn't really a such thing as lean bulking. There's bulking, maintenance and cutting (and reverse dieting could be added). If you're getting unnecessarily fat when bulking, then you're eating too much or your nutrition source choices need some tweaking. So it's a diet thing, not a drug thing.

Dbol is stronger and would be the better choice, if not using test alongside with the oral. Dbol converts to methyl-estrogen and can lead to water retention though, if estro is not kept in check.

There's a limit to how fast you can build actual lean tissue and I would assume either one of the aforementioned orals to bring enough anabolism to build the amount of muscle you can in the time span, that you're going to run them, if dosing, training and nutrition are on point and you're not a really jacked experienced gear user.

If you're running test / are on TRT, then it would be easier to handle estro and keep a drier look with Tbol. If not using test, then I would stack them. Tbol solo is a bad idea. Tbol + 4-Andro or Dermacrine should be manageable.

Last edited:

Mikereyn513

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There isn't really a such thing as lean bulking. There's bulking, maintenance and cutting (and reverse dieting could be added). If you're getting unnecessarily fat when bulking, then you're eating too much or your nutrition source choices need some tweaking. So it's a diet thing, not a drug thing.

Dbol is stronger and would be the better choice, if not using test alongside with the oral. Dbol converts to methyl-estrogen and can lead to water retention though, if estro is not kept in check.

There's a limit to how fast you can build actual lean tissue and I would assume either one of the aforementioned orals to bring enough anabolism to build the amount of muscle you can in the time span, that you're going to run them, if dosing, training and nutrition are on point and you're not a very jacked experienced gear user.

If you're running test / are on TRT, then it would be easier to handle estro and keep a drier look with Tbol. If not using test, then I would stack them. Tbol solo is a bad idea. Tbol + 4-Andro or Dermacrine should be manageable.
Thank you..I never understood "lean bulking" to ne there's off season and pre contest the goal of one is too gain as much muscle as possible with as little bodyfat as possible and the other is to shed as much fat as possible without losing muscle ( this is for physique enhancement btw obviously of you're a powerlifter ot strength athlete or an athlete where actual bodyweight matters like mma than this doesn't apply as much)

Cczw95

Awards
Tudom, hogy nincs olyan, hogy "tiszta" növekedés.

Csak a puffadást és a vízvisszatartást szeretném csökkenteni.

Cczw95

Awards
I know there is no such thing as "pure" growth.

I just want to reduce bloating and water retention.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

There's a limit to how fast you can build actual lean tissue and I would assume either one of the aforementioned orals to bring enough anabolism to build the amount of muscle you can in the time span, that you're going to run them, if dosing, training and nutrition are on point and you're not a really jacked experienced gear user.

This is so true, the problem is that most ppl don’t know what a real bulk is and thinks anything goes as long as you gain weight, which is very wrong of course. Bulking/cutting is 100% a diet thing, drugs doesn’t matter as much as ppl think.

To me Dbol is superior, regardless bulking/cutting.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It doesn't have the same ring to it, as stuff ending -bol or -drol. Anavar sounds just weird. Not sure, if effects and properties of the drug can outweigh that.
Plus, when bulking, make sure you keep a good hold of your bols.