Lean Bulk-DC training

ibenjamin

Member
Hey there, longtime lurker here (about 3 years). For some reason I've never posted, but I realized I'm missing out on a goldmine of knowledge, so I might as well participate rather than spectate. Firstly, I've got about 5 years of weightlifting under my belt, and a year of understanding how to approach things nutritionally. However, I'm still learning how my body responds to different macro ranges, and training types. Obviously, there's tons I have to learn still.
So at the moment, I'm doing DC training, and really really loving the preliminary results. However, I'd love for some input on my diet tailored to gaining LBM.
At the moment I'm 13.5 BF, 180 lbs, at 6 ft flat, 20 years old. I'd classify myself as skinny fat. I used to be very overweight as a kid, lost the fat but became skinny in the process, and now am decently muscular but not cut. I still have the dreaded soft look.

Upon waking:
1/2 cup dry steel cut oats
1 scoop myofusion
1 cup fat free Trader joes greek yogurt
1 hardboiled egg
1 tbl almond butter

3 hours later:
trader joes chicken patty sandwich on 2 peices flourless bread
asparagus (as much as I'm hungry for)
1 tbl guac and 1 tbl hummus on it

2.5 hrs later:
1 container fat free trader joes greek yogurt
1 tbl almond butter
10 grams whey protein

3 hrs later-pre workout
chicken burrito bowl with 5 oz chicken, 1 cup black beans ( 40-50 g carbs)
onions, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. (got to get those onions with that study about test increase ahaha)

Post workout-10 grams BCAAs

Final Meal-
5 oz chicken breast
1 scoop whey
1 tbl almond butter
1/2 cup cottage cheese
asparagus


I feel as though this is too low in carbs, although I put on fat easily with higher carb intakes. Or should I consider something like a carb cycling diet for DC training? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
 
bump to this. I've been throwing down an extra 2 greek yogurts, and an extra 3 tbls of natural almond butter for extra calories. Also my breakfast has been bumped up to around 60 grams of carbs. Still may not be enough calories though...
 
After my cut I really want to try to do a lean bulk this time around. I keep an eye on this. What dc training schedule do you follow? I found a few articles (didn't search too heavily) and they were a bit messy to follow since it was a wall of text.
 
So I'm doing 3 days lifting per week, 3 days steady state low intensity cardio.
mon-chest, shoulders, tri, back width and thickness
wed-biceps, forearm, calves, quad, hams
fri-same as monday but with new exercise
repeat on monday starting with Wednesdays workout with new exercises.

pretty happy with the training, I just realized that I've been skimping on the calories with this regimen. and thanks for showing interest, hopefully some of the knowledgables on this board can offer some insight for optimizing dc training with respect to nutrition.
 
Back
Top