Lazy, CBA, boredom

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else get like this?
I have motivation for a week or so but then its a real struggle to keep motivated

I might be a bit depressed

Anyone get this and know a good way to keep going?

Right now, the thought of lifting later makes me feel lethargic and really CBA - yet workouts and nutirition is on my brain all day! I want to do it.. but dont want to.

Eying up some 5htp to buy, maybe that will sort me out? ITs cold, rainy, horrible out, all i want to do is laze and sleep

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You might want some vit d3 and get yourself moving with a new routine or even activity outside of the gym. Sounds like you are in a rut and feeling a little depressed, which can happen to a lot of people in the winter. I don't know where you are, but it sounds like it is winter.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
yeah - its winter, about to snow this week. Rut.. defo, work and play (what play). No hobbies outside work.. don't want any either.

Ordered some high quality 5HTP, hopefully that will help, ill check out vit d3

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's your work schedule like? Have you been out of the routine for awhile? I like the advice of switching up routine, shaking things up a bit. Winter can be tough for people to get motivated

fuseven

fuseven

Awards
Why does everyone jump right to supps? Maybe you dont enjoy the battle...you want the results but just dont like it. Youre probably not depressed (cause u would know) if u are never motivated u arent missing the secret, this just isnt ur thing

Toff

Awards
  • Established
We are a self medicating generation.

Pretty sure everyone else doesn't feel this glum feeling. Someone could give me a Ferrari for the day and id leave it on the drive. Have a habit of ignoring basic signs, I had tonsillitis for two weeks before I knew it, thought I had a bad throat and didn't want to take up any of the doctors time, he went "woah" when I showed him... he then reminded me I hadn't been to him in over 16 years too.

quality 5htp on order I seem to recall I felt similar a few years ago when I was going through divorce, I bounced back to 6 days a week working out s worth a shot

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly, I think stuff like this is a sign of over-training often. Take a week or two off, don't train so much. Chances are you just do too much and need a break. Get some rest.