Laxogenin adverse reaction

UNbuff

Awards
Guys, I took only 25mg of laxogenin (supplement from a local australian provider, claims to buy highest purity and also has 5 star ratings, and has a good reputation, i get my joint formulas and protein from them)
after a few hours from my first dose, I got intense heartburn, acid reflux, and nausea, had to induce vomiting as well. Its the second day now and still in pain, nauseous etc, can barely take in water and feel terrible. Im guessing this is GI distress?

Has anyone else had symptoms like this before from Laxogenin?

nothing much i can do but ride this out. I do have heartburn meds from chemist I could try.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve used several brands and never had that reaction. Have you tried topical laxo. Iconigenin is easy to use and effective.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe caveman nutrition in Australia has our topical laxogenin - Iconogenin in stock - not only will this provide superior results, it should avoid any potential gastro intestinal issues

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thats a pretty low dose also. Ive used it a couple times before at much higher doses (not a believer in laxo) in the past and never had any such issues

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I often get a little heartburn when using a supplement for the first time. Most of the time my gut adapts and it disappears with subsequent use, but there are some things I just never tolerate well.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes if I don't drink enough water with a supplement or am not sitting up straight when I take it, it can open in my esophagus which really burns with some supplements.

If that's not the problem, you could try taking a combination of sodium bicarbonate and potassium bicarbonate after you take the supplement. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate and 1/2 teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate and mix until it's clear and drink it.

Not only will this cure the heartburn, but both sodium and potassium bicarbonate have been shown to act as performance enhancers.

^^^ For that one they had to take about 24g of sodium bicarbonate though. 😲

^^^ 12g of potassium bicarbonate for that one.

Dat's a lot of sodium and potassium bicarbonate!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Guys, I took only 25mg of laxogenin (supplement from a local australian provider, claims to buy highest purity and also has 5 star ratings, and has a good reputation, i get my joint formulas and protein from them)
after a few hours from my first dose, I got intense heartburn, acid reflux, and nausea, had to induce vomiting as well. Its the second day now and still in pain, nauseous etc, can barely take in water and feel terrible. Im guessing this is GI distress?

Has anyone else had symptoms like this before from Laxogenin?

nothing much i can do but ride this out. I do have heartburn meds from chemist I could try.
I have never heard of this from Laxogenin but what you are describing sounds like it could be a potentially serious sensitivity to it (if that is legitimately what is in the product). Anytime this happens with any supplement, I would suggest not taking it again.

There is the possibility that it is something else in there besides Laxogenin to begin with because a 25 mg. dose really wouldn't be effective for that ingredient. But hopefully its legit and nothing else is in there.

BUT there is also a possibility that you have a sensitivity to it. Most people would say allergic reaction; as someone with terrible allergies I tend to overexplain this subject some, but there are people that have allergies to things and then there are people that are not necessarily allergic to things but sensitive to things. And its possible for people to have sensitivities to things that hardly anyone is allergic to.

How are you feeling today? Haven't seen you post or reply to this thread, so just concerned.

Also, as far as heartburn meds, I would specifically take Pepcid AC - 1 tablet every 12 hours for the next couple of days. In addition to being good for acid reflux and heartburn, it also helps protect the stomach by coating it it a bit. It's not the strongest out of the group but its the one I would use in this situation.

icen9ne

Awards
I took my first dose of Muscle Sculptor by Vital Alchemy today and had the exact same reaction few hours later. Not sure if allergic or sensitive but it was awful. Took a prilosec and eventually the symptoms went away. Not sure if I'll continue using MS.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I took my first dose of Muscle Sculptor by Vital Alchemy today and had the exact same reaction few hours later. Not sure if allergic or sensitive but it was awful. Took a prilosec and eventually the symptoms went away. Not sure if I'll continue using MS.
I definitely would not. If you had that bad of a reaction to anything off the first dose, I would definitely not continue to take it.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I definitely would not. If you had that bad of a reaction to anything off the first dose, I would definitely not continue to take it.
This. Make sure to avoid the ingredient you think it is. If it is laxo that should be pretty easy.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the above. Sometimes I try half dosage to see if the symptoms reside with half and then move it up to full dose after a few days but of course every one is different.

botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Never heard of this and I have used every brand you can get in North America and followed the supplement since inception.

icen9ne

Awards
Looking at the other ingredients in Muscle Sculptor, I really can't think of anything else that could've caused it. I've never had a reaction like this to any stimulants. Was trying it out on a recomp. Might just try SNS LeanEdge and CEL AE and see how I do on those instead.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve used laxo before and sometimes it can cause me migraines. This has been reported before, as well. It may explain the nausea

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I believe caveman nutrition in Australia has our topical laxogenin - Iconogenin in stock - not only will this provide superior results, it should avoid any potential gastro intestinal issues
this...i've used iconogenin numerous times with good results and zero sides.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Looking at the other ingredients in Muscle Sculptor, I really can't think of anything else that could've caused it. I've never had a reaction like this to any stimulants. Was trying it out on a recomp. Might just try SNS LeanEdge and CEL AE and see how I do on those instead.
Different people respond differently to different things. I've had things myself that I feel weird or off when I take; but that other people use just fine.

I think you'll be a lot more pleased with your results on Lean Edge and Anabolic Effect regardless. If you decide to run those, let me know how you like them.