Labs Results Doctor says everything is fine pretty sure it’s not

bigrich954rr

Awards
Looking for a second opinion and some advice on reading these labs?

I looking at starting TRT .

Want to get healthy lose body fat and lower Cholesterol. While having more energy and hoping More cheerful.

also muscles seem sore for long time and a lot weaker then they should be

Attachments

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Looking for a second opinion and some advice on reading these labs?

I looking at starting TRT .

Want to get healthy lose body fat and lower Cholesterol. While having more energy and hoping More cheerful.

also muscles seem sore for long time and a lot weaker then they should be
Well, you can get healthy, lose body fat and lower cholesterol without TRT, you should probably do that first, don’t put a band aid on a bad lifestyle.

But yeah, your test is low.

Last edited:
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
How old are you brother?

IMO theres a big difference between looking at trt if your over 40 too if your under 30.

there are natural ways to raise test levels a bit. Certainly lifestyle can be a big influence.

you could also seek to increase free test with some boron use for example.

basically your test is low but in my non medical internet bro opinion it’s potentially not low enough (if you are younger you might have always been a bit on the low side for example) that trt will make a difference.

what I mean is that you probably expect that going from mid 300s to 700 will suddenly make massive changes for you. It might not. You need to consider that.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
If your doctor actually believes that those test levels are "fine" then it's time to get another opinion.

bigrich954rr

Awards
I’m 38. 6,2. 240 lbs Use to Be very active was in the Marines in great shape.

Anyway messed up lower back and hip so no longer lift heavy or run anymore but still eat healthy and work out. But just feel weak and very low energy all the time . Also only gaining fat around my midsection. Been going to doctor app like crazy to find a reason for no energy. Nothing they just say we

I’ve gotten a second opinion and planning to start a TRT at 150mg. To see if that changes anything.

I’m trying to learn everything I can as it been 12 year since I’ve really lifted and worked out hard was reading the forums . So there has to have been some new advancements and understanding of how the body works since then.

bigrich954rr

Awards
On the cholesterol part that’s just bad on my genetics I’ve always had it high.

But I’ve done a lifestyle of keto and I forget what they called it before that. normal eating low carbs and just green vegetables and protein. Most of my life but might do More vegetables and just chicken and eggs now

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I was at 311 when my doc tested me. Wouldn’t do a free test or shbg or estrogen. Said it was fine. Felt like crap tired and never recovered from a workout so I could never really progress with weights or cardio.
went to a online clinic
Trt changed the way my body responds to exercise and diet. Finally seeing the results from the effort. And I can put in the effort because I’m not wiped out from the work