Labdoor.com

Hack75

Hack75

Awards
Hey guys,

labdoor.com

What do you all think of this site? Is it a credible source of review? It gives high rankings to supplements I (most of us) probably wouldn't look twice at.

Thoughts? I have a buddy who swears by it. I'm skeptical

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not the best out there, but can be useful on occasion. Ttheir tests have been shown to be inaccurate by other 3rd party labs. Sometimes, they incorrectly list products/doses. Case in point, Controlled Labs got screwed on Oxi-Mega (fish oil) due to Labdoor not reading the label correctly.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've heard good feedback from people on labdoor. I'm don't reference them for other supplements, mainly protein powders. They seem to be trusted by most people, but I'm curious to see what people have to say

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
From the site

"Labdoor makes money in two main ways. First, Labdoor receives a portion of every dollar spent by consumers who purchase directly from our site. Second, we collect revenue through affiliate links. "

ok, but my ? is who decides what products to test? if you look at a lot of products from store manufactures on this site, some companies have "the worlds #1 tasting, worlds #1 ingredient- etc,etc, yet out of the top 25 that were tested, the worlds #1 cant be found.

so who decides on what gets tested. don't get me wrong, I believe this is a good way to help consumers make an informative decision on a product. But pulling products off the shelve and then tested, why do they choose what they do and who decides what to test, no idea.

however, there is a way to find out-

what I am more interested in is, when they take a product for testing, do they
1-notify the manufacture
2-give the manufacture a chance to respond with another test
3-get a chance to dispute the test
4-offer another sample for testing
5- are they only limited to certain products that they can test?