Lab work and question on an elevated marker.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I am curious if any of you had a high hscrp in a blood panel before and everything else checked ok. Meaning cholesterol and other bloood markers were perfect. The more I read this evaluated high sensitivity crp determines heart inflammation perhaps? Also could be something like a cold could raise it which I currently had at the time of blood draw. Also been battling Guttate psoriasis for 6 months therefore I assume my body is fighting this? Let me know if anyone can shed light on that bio marker. The result was 5.4 and anything over 3 is high risk. In 2022 the reading was .8

Hypnotic traveling

Hypnotic traveling

Awards
  • First Up Vote
listen man, im not a Doctor and it’s important that you discuss these concerns with a qualified professional. Heart health is a serious matter. Essentially though, hscrp is an inflammation marker and doesn’t necessarily indicate a heart issue. For instance, an infection will raise hscrp acutely. However, elevated hscro can indicate you’re at risk for a coronary event. But it sounds like you had a couple things going on during your draw that could have affected the results. Once again, it’s best to consult with your Dr and maybe see if they’ll test again as a comparison.

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I understand. Just curious and have read a few different things. Am taking terbafine 250mg for toenail issue thinking that might be it.