Lab results on 0.25 mg of Letrozole a week

FortressBlaze

Awards
Background info: Was on HCG monotherapy but started to feel bad from the high estradiol so decided to give my natural testosterone production another chance. Estradiol was always a bit on the high side due to being obese and so I figured perhaps lowering estrogen would raise my natural testosterone to sufficient levels after reading a study that Letrozole quadrupled testosterone in obese men. Started at 2 mg a week, was too high as my joints started to hurt, no morning wood, depressed. Finally got to a dosage of 0.25 mg a week. No joint pain and get morning wood 3-4x a week. Weak libido.

Testosterone, serum (Total) - 285 ng/dL 350 - 1030

Bioavailable Testosterone - 198 ng/dl 128 - 430

Testosterone, Serum- 261 ng/dl 249 - 836

FSH - 1.1 1.5 - 12.4

LH- 1.9 1.7 - 8.6

IGF-1- 323 ng/ml 116 - 358

Estradiol, Sensitive- 6 pg/ml 3 - 70

Estradiol- 18.1 pg/ml 7.7 - 42.6

SHBG- 12.8 nmol/L 14.5 - 48.4

Prolactin- 3.5 ng/ml 4.0 - 15.2

Thoughts: Prolactin use to be very high, now its low WTF? Testosterone still low with low LH and FSH. Estradiol appears to be fine. So whatever is causing my secondary hypogonadism it doesnt appear to be high estrogen. Lowering it had no effect on my testosterone levels. Suprised IGF-1 is good. Got it tested because I heard obese people have reduced IGF-1/HGH. Got cortisol tested not too long ago and it was good.

Thyroid levels tested not too long ago and were good on 2 grains of armour thyroid. Looks like I may have to just chalk it up and go on TRT. Does anyone know any other factors that could cause secondary hypogonadism in a obese 21 year old? I have been taking multivitamins, vitamin D, calcium, Potassium, magnesium so I doubt I am deficient in any of them. Oh and one last important thing. I have already had 2 MRI's for a pituitary tumor when my prolactin was high and both times they found nothing.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
any AI like letrozole is going to lower your prolactin. And yah based on those LH levels I would say you would be more secondary than primary.

Ask your doc about HCG.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
any AI like letrozole is going to lower your prolactin. And yah based on those LH levels I would say you would be more secondary than primary.

Ask your doc about HCG.
Instead of self experimenting why don't you try to look at the root cause of the problem rather then trying the bandaid approach. Look see where it got you no where.

FortressBlaze

Awards
Instead of self experimenting why don't you try to look at the root cause of the problem rather then trying the bandaid approach. Look see where it got you no where.
I'm guessing this was meant for me? Well I've tried looking for the root cause of the problem and I can't find it. I've tested cortisol(good), Thyroid(Had High TSH, now take 2 grains of armour and its good), Estradiol(Sort of high, good now, but no effect on testosterone), MRI(found no pituitary tumor), Vitamin/Mineral (Good). Only thing left is that I'm obese. I'm going to lose the weight anyway but I'm not so sure its going to help my Testosterone problem. Seems unrelated since isnt it the high estrogen from obesity that causes low testosterone? My estrogen looks to be fine and testosterone still on the low side.

FortressBlaze

Awards
I have also been eating a good diet. I'm dieting but not starving myself. I am lifting and getting plenty of fats, protein, and nutrients required for testosterone production.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I've never understood the "lose weight if your estrogen is high" reccomendation. If your estrogen is high I can guarantee you it's going to be very hard to lose weight, and high estrogen is most likely why you gained it in the first place.

FortressBlaze

Awards
I've never understood the "lose weight if your estrogen is high" reccomendation. If your estrogen is high I can guarantee you it's going to be very hard to lose weight, and high estrogen is most likely why you gained it in the first place.
Yeah, exactly. It's a vicious cycle and a AI can help obese men lose weight who have low testosterone because of high estrogen. But, it appears I'm not one of them even though I really thought I was.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, exactly. It's a vicious cycle and a AI can help obese men lose weight who have low testosterone because of high estrogen. But, it appears I'm not one of them even though I really thought I was.
i have dealt with numerous cases where I hear the same thing.
I eat healthy, when I get down to the core issue these people have the most unbalanced diets, leaving out lifestyle imbalance, poor sleep quality, relationship issues, or other stressors. One just needs some one to ask the right questions and to start digging. People can eat the proper diet, but if you are eating foods that are toxic to your body you are doing more damage then good. I have seen this happen in majority of these cases because they just do not know. If there is a cause I will find it, your not just looking in the right places and not deep enough. I deal with cases from around the world that drs can not resolve. As i said many time before "complex answers are found in the simpliest places"

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off letro was a bad choice to get your test up. Second id look at your overall life style, eating habits, and everything else. I have low test at 20 but thats because i abused my body for a few years, and i have tumor. You may have low test because ur obese, bad eating habits, and everything combined. Listen to the Matrix.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
First off letro was a bad choice to get your test up. Second id look at your overall life style, eating habits, and everything else. I have low test at 20 but thats because i abused my body for a few years, and i have tumor. You may have low test because ur obese, bad eating habits, and everything combined. Listen to the Matrix.
I highly suggest looking at the root cause of your issue which is usually do to our own poor life choices and being uneducated. I highly suggest proper health counseling and not seeing a clinical nutritionist because they are more based in clincal diseases kidney, diabetes, ect. If you are serious about your health you may want to pm me.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I highly suggest looking at the root cause of your issue which is usually do to our own poor life choices and being uneducated. I highly suggest proper health counseling and not seeing a clinical nutritionist because they are more based in clincal diseases kidney, diabetes, ect. If you are serious about your health you may want to pm me.
Is this pointed at me? lol

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established