L-Dopa (Mucuna) Stack (Dopadex)

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I am looking at possibly running a Dopoadex-based (L-Dopa) stack. I understand L-Dopa better crosses the BBB when used in conjunction with COMT inhibitors and/or a decarboxylase inhibitor.[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]For this reason, I wold like your opinions and thoughts on the following stack:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Dopadex[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Green Tea Extract[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Quercetin[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Vitamin C
[/FONT]

and, dosed separately - Vitamin B6 (in the form of P-5-P).

[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, not exactly a thought provoking topic, now is it?

In addition the the stack above, I am adding Forskolin

Anyone?

Mr.cooper69 - your thoughts please.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry for the late reply, had a board exam.

You are right about L-dopa working better with enzymatic inhibitors, but green tea extract/egcg is far too weak, necessitating about 5 GRAMS orally to have any appreciable effect. The story is much worse for quercetin, which has borderline zero (yes, zero) bioavailability orally as per human studies. In general, any supplement you use with quercetin will not work. It's a classic example of an ingredient with amazing in vitro and rat data that simply cannot do much in humans (curcumin is another example).

Vitamin C won't do anything either way. I typically don't supplement vitamin C, but it can't hurt in moderation.

Forskolin won't really affect l-dopa either, but at least it does something for body composition.

So to summarize:

Dopadex- no real interactions with anything you are taking. Great for mood, libido, sleep, T levels, GH levels, etc
Green Tea Extract - antioxidant with a truly incredible body of human data. Won't do much for BBing, but it amazes me that people on forums write off GTE. Few ingredients have better human data for illness prevention and such. And it's so cheap.
Quercetin - worthless
Vitamin C- unnecessary
Forskolin - good for gaining muscle, dropping fat, increasing T/free T, increasing bone mineral density, reducing blood pressure, etc

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

You are right about L-dopa working better with enzymatic inhibitors, but green tea extract/egcg is far too weak, necessitating about 5 GRAMS orally to have any appreciable effect. The story is much worse for quercetin, which has borderline zero (yes, zero) bioavailability orally as per human studies. In general, any supplement you use with quercetin will not work. It's a classic example of an ingredient with amazing in vitro and rat data that simply cannot do much in humans (curcumin is another example).

Vitamin C won't do anything either way. I typically don't supplement vitamin C, but it can't hurt in moderation.

Forskolin won't really affect l-dopa either, but at least it does something for body composition.

So to summarize:

Dopadex- no real interactions with anything you are taking. Great for mood, libido, sleep, T levels, GH levels, etc
Green Tea Extract - antioxidant with a truly incredible body of human data. Won't do much for BBing, but it amazes me that people on forums write off GTE. Few ingredients have better human data for illness prevention and such. And it's so cheap.
Quercetin - worthless
Vitamin C- unnecessary
Forskolin - good for gaining muscle, dropping fat, increasing T/free T, increasing bone mineral density, reducing blood pressure, etc
Thanks very much.

Is there any benefit of taking ALCAR, ALA and Choline at the same time a Dopadex (I am going to take them regardless, so its really more a matter of timing).

As to Vitamin C, I try to take 500mg every 4 or 5 hours.

Again, thank you.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks very much.

Is there any benefit of taking ALCAR, ALA and Choline at the same time a Dopadex (I am going to take them regardless, so its really more a matter of timing).

As to Vitamin C, I try to take 500mg every 4 or 5 hours.

Again, thank you.
No benefit or detriment. Why do you use so much vitamin C? I'd only recommend a protocol like that if you are:

1. Undergoing large-scale joint/cartilage healing
2. Immunocompromised

It's not gonna hurt you most likely, but it's more just a waste of time and money

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

So to summarize:

Quercetin - worthless
Vitamin C- unnecessary
Dont want to hijack too much but the curcumin comment attracted my attention.I was thinking of taking it together with black pepper for cancer prevention.Would that be completely useless?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No benefit or detriment. Why do you use so much vitamin C? I'd only recommend a protocol like that if you are:

1. Undergoing large-scale joint/cartilage healing
2. Immunocompromised

It's not gonna hurt you most likely, but it's more just a waste of time and money
I use that amount of Vitamin C to help control Cortisol.

My job stress has been very high for the past couple of years.

Also, with heart disease as part of my family history, I thought that Linus Pauling might have known something - and its cheap and without too many side effects (500mg every 4 hours has not created bathroom issues).