Ksm 66 ashwagandha help or hurt sleep?

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Seems like it stimulates some and helps sleep with others? Is there a consensus?

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
I've recently started ksm-66, from reading on the forum I decided to have split dose 300mg in the AM & another 300mg before bed.
The 1st night was my best night sleep in a long time, then the second night I was restless for half the night! It has since settled and just over a week in and sleep is good!

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I've recently started ksm-66, from reading on the forum I decided to have split dose 300mg in the AM & another 300mg before bed.
The 1st night was my best night sleep in a long time, then the second night I was restless for half the night! It has since settled and just over a week in and sleep in good!
Wow, exactly this. 1st night was best night for years. Then I had my 2nd and 3rd night being restless and stopped it, couldnt afford to have a restless night at a 4-5hours sleep

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
I've found PM timing plays a big role for me. If I take within 30 minutes of bed, my sleep improves over no KSM. If I take it more than 30 minutes before, I'm restless.

I use a sleep app, and it also shows these changes.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Wow, exactly this. 1st night was best night for years. Then I had my 2nd and 3rd night being restless and stopped it, couldnt afford to have a restless night at a 4-5hours sleep
Me too man. I posted on another thread that it was helping my sleep. And it did, for like the first 2-3 nights. But now I've been very restless. I take it with dinner, around 8:30 p.m., and get to bed around 10-10:30 p.m.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Me too man. I posted on another thread that it was helping my sleep. And it did, for like the first 2-3 nights. But now I've been very restless. I take it with dinner, around 8:30 p.m., and get to bed around 10-10:30 p.m.
Seems like a pattern here, so no coincidence. Like Angrypolak says maybe exact timing is the key. I do remember the 1st time to be 10min before bed or at least very close to it, but cant' remember the exact time at the other nights. I guess we have to play with time and see what happens. Sadly I have rut out of it and I didn't intent to stock up again. Now I am considering it..

he-man

he-man

Awards
  • Established
Funny how a morning dose doesn't make me sleepy but a night dose does?!

pbandy1

Awards
My sleep was pretty bad on KSM. My dreams were more vivid but it wasn't really a good thing - I almost felt like I was dreaming the whole time I was asleep and actually woke up exhausted from that. I think it made me sleep much lighter than usual and I felt like I didn't get a lot of slow wave sleep which is imperative for recovery.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My sleep was pretty bad on KSM. My dreams were more vivid but it wasn't really a good thing - I almost felt like I was dreaming the whole time I was asleep and actually woke up exhausted from that. I think it made me sleep much lighter than usual and I felt like I didn't get a lot of slow wave sleep which is imperative for recovery.
Yeah man, I know the feeling. Somebody stole my gym bag yesterday and all I dreamed of last night was me going in this morning and asking people if they had seen it. I felt horrible when I awoke. I still didn't get the dang thing back in my dream or reality either. KSM seemed to do this to me (not this time, as I have none atm) frequently when taken too early. Sensoril treated me pretty well iirc though.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been experiencing similar symptoms vivid dreams, disrupted sleep, feeling groggy on waking...currently using mtest. If i do buy another t booster which im debating (considering the clomid route to boosting t as fed up with wasting money on 't boosters ' which do little or nothing for me by way of wellbing or test increase) ill buy one without ksm 66. I can always add this if and as when i require it.

Shouldnt be feeling like crap on a tbooster! May try taking the 2nd mtest dose by 5pm well away from bedtime although i see conflicting advice on this.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've seen a bunch of conflicting opinions on ksm and sleep quality while on it. Have yet to take it myself but I've been using another supp right before bed that's been enhancing my sleep.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If anything, I would say it tends to make me more sleepy as opposed to being an energizer.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've read that it is energizing and that Sensoril is more sleep inducing/relaxing. I've never used Sensoril...But I've wondered is KSM may be better in the morning and Sensoril at night.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wonder what kisaj has to say?

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've read that it is energizing and that Sensoril is more sleep inducing/relaxing. I've never used Sensoril...But I've wondered is KSM may be better in the morning and Sensoril at night.
Despite KSM being used in everything nowadays.... I do feel that Sensoril has more profound affects than KSM as it seems much more potent. I can take KSM and not notice anything while Sensoril definitely gives me an unmistakable relaxed feeling and makes it easier to sleep as well.

BIOdynamik

Awards
Has anyone tried Regrow by Dedicated? It really improves my performance during the day, and I don't have any difficulty to fall asleep.
KSM66 is one of my all-time favorites.
Even my wife has started to put some ashwagandha root liquid into her chamomille tea.

Also you can easily find some studies showing how ashwagandha is as effective as some sedatives, sometimes even more!
I cannot post the link yet but title is "Effect of Withania somnifera on Sleep-Wake Cycle in Sleep-Disturbed Rats: Possible GABAergic Mechanism."
This herb has some good research behind its back so I totally recommend it.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There’s been a lot of chatter about this topic lately in the New Product thread. I thought I’d bump this thread to see if people have anymore input. I take Flexatril with my post workout meal in the mornings. It has Sensoril. Wondering if I should take my daily dose with dinner or bedtime snack.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
KSM 66 is a big no-no pre bed for me.
It's perfect in the morning but it keeps me awake for hours if I take it pre bed.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
KSM I like taking in the morning with my pre workout. Helps regulate cortisol. Sensoril I enjoyed before bed

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Individual response varies by the person on how/if KSM-66 affects their sleep.

M-Test contains 695 mg. per daily dose and I divide my dosage first thing in the morning and then around 8 to 10 hours later and it doesn't affect my sleep. On days where I forgot my morning dose and take the full dose later I've noticed that I get kind of a second wind and wind up being awake later than I usually am but it doesn't affect my quality of sleep, it just makes me stay up later as in not feeling like I want to go to sleep.

As far as KSM-66 vs. Sensoril, this is something I've studied and experimented with a lot over the last year and I have to say that my personal experience supports what the clinical data on them seems to support as well and that's that KSM-66 is better for test boosting and athletic performance whereas Sensoril is better for stress and relaxation.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Individual response varies by the person on how/if KSM-66 affects their sleep.

M-Test contains 695 mg. per daily dose and I divide my dosage first thing in the morning and then around 8 to 10 hours later and it doesn't affect my sleep. On days where I forgot my morning dose and take the full dose later I've noticed that I get kind of a second wind and wind up being awake later than I usually am but it doesn't affect my quality of sleep, it just makes me stay up later as in not feeling like I want to go to sleep.

As far as KSM-66 vs. Sensoril, this is something I've studied and experimented with a lot over the last year and I have to say that my personal experience supports what the clinical data on them seems to support as well and that's that KSM-66 is better for test boosting and athletic performance whereas Sensoril is better for stress and relaxation.
I can second that through my own anecdotes.

Tight1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I take ksm in the morning soon after waking. Sleep is definitely better for me that way, it's become a staple now.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ashwaganda is a demon for me, makes me tired in the morning and awake at night. I can only handle KSM if it’s balancing a strong stim stack.

TommyTuffGuy

TommyTuffGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It will help. If I take 600mg at ONCE I get sleepy as hell. So I usually split the dose 300mg am and pm.

Usually in M-Test.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't taken Sensoril, but I've used KSM-66 extensively and had no issues with sleep or a relaxation feeling taking 600 mg all at once in the AM or split up during the day into two 300 mg doses. I have never taken pre-bed though.