• RockStar
which do you guys think is better for pain

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For me kratom works better for pain. Most kratom strains work for pain (except the white) but the ones that provide the strongest pain relief for me is Bali Gold or Red Bali or Red Vein Thia.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HANDS DOWN KRATOM. No contest. Cannibas is definitely good for simple sore muscles but kratom, for me, works better for pain than any of the several prescription painkillers the docs throw at me....not as fun...but awesome for pain. I've had multiple spinal fusions and am in a lot of pain more often than not and kratom gets me feeling good! Plus, I think most people are more functional on kratom as well.

Last edited:
bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Might be worth noting that kratom seems more addictive than cannibas also.....

Megatron1

Megatron1

Awards
Don't take kratom, bro. It's terribly addicting and the withdrawals are awful. And like opiates, it wrecks your testosterone production. Unless you're having debilitating pain, suck it up and deal with it.

wrastler163

Awards
Kratoms weird. I wanted to like it, tried it like 4 times and I never really felt much. One of my buddy’s loves it. I’d say kratom has better potential to handle pain whereas weed’s gonna just be a mild relief

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cannabis all the way. The caveat. CBD cannabis. I get medical grade cbd oil (400mg) which really helps with inflammation and pain. I never smoke before my workouts, but I will vape after to reduce inflammation, minor soreness. I don't feel consumers in general even understand CBD. They think it's weed, like old school type that gets you high but it ain't. It doesn't get me high, I function on it at work, I can drive on it, safely without it affecting my reaction time. CBD oil has been a game changer for me.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cannabis all the way. The caveat. CBD cannabis. I get medical grade cbd oil (400mg) which really helps with inflammation and pain. I never smoke before my workouts, but I will vape after to reduce inflammation, minor soreness. I don't feel consumers in general even understand CBD. They think it's weed, like old school type that gets you high but it ain't. It doesn't get me high, I function on it at work, I can drive on it, safely without it affecting my reaction time. CBD oil has been a game changer for me.
I've been reading up on CBS quite a bit lately. Very interesting stuff I need to try it out. Are you talking about cbd without thc content?

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. The CBD vape I get is from a medical facility, less than 1% thc content. It is organic, pesticide free, guaranteed potency, etc. I go thru a cartridge a week. Only costs around $50 a cartridge. Originally got it to treat PTSD, but has range of uses, surprisingly it's helped a lot with post workout soreness, inflammation, pain.

Slapoyjoe

Weed. Hands down. Less addictive and easy to get. So good for soreness and sleep.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Weed. Hands down. Less addictive and easy to get. So good for soreness and sleep.
Interestingly enough, I just listened to a Joe Rogan Podcast with Neuroscientist Matthew Walker where they discuss that marijuana actually makes your sleep worse than sleeping naturally. It helps you fall asleep but the quality is no good.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Uh, both my friend. Weed however makes my sore legs numb. Zero pain. But legitimate injury pain, maybe Kratom but I’ve never noticed much pain relief from it, just energy, talkativeness and distraction from pain.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes. The CBD vape I get is from a medical facility, less than 1% thc content. It is organic, pesticide free, guaranteed potency, etc. I go thru a cartridge a week. Only costs around $50 a cartridge. Originally got it to treat PTSD, but has range of uses, surprisingly it's helped a lot with post workout soreness, inflammation, pain.
Online? Send me a PM if you can brotha

And how often per day do you use it?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cbd vape was what i was looking at. its not a banned substance and supposed to really help with swelling

Newth

Awards
Interestingly enough, I just listened to a Joe Rogan Podcast with Neuroscientist Matthew Walker where they discuss that marijuana actually makes your sleep worse than sleeping naturally. It helps you fall asleep but the quality is no good.
Awesome, I'll track that down. It ain't all rainbows and unicorns that's for sure.
I didn't dream for over 10 years because of weed(nearly 2 again now)..REM sleep is where we dream, it obviously ****s with that level of sleep and considering dreams are pretty much subconscious hallucinations it can't be to good. Those with an idea on Psilocybin/DMT/LSD therapy concepts could probably understand how bad this could end up.

Newth

Awards
cbd vape was what i was looking at. its not a banned substance and supposed to really help with swelling
Try it for sure, I've used real CBD and THC oils and seen some mild clinical use.
Personal usage other than addiction in some ways is more experimental than others but experimented with, THC only vaped, and CBD vape and sublingual. CBD has so much therapeutic use...even killing THC.....THC I'm not completely sold on yet.

Smoking, vaping, ingestion all play a roll in effect particularly with weed but still everything, max temperature of compound before it enters your body changes what compound you actually get.
Basic gist...

As for Kratom I can't say as I haven't used it but being what I consider an opiate down the "dirty" end of the scale it doesn't sound great as a general choice. I use Codeine for my pain Opiate, but on that note Opiates are like Cannabinoids...and synthetic hormones.

For pain I think Opiates are faster acting than Cannabinoids but they work in such different ways they can't really be compared, like comparing an old sports injury to your just sprained ankle and anywhere between.

Give both a try to see what happens, you have a long enough healing process with your ribs to consider CBD having solid effects...and watch how long you use anything addictive. Hope you sort it out.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’d go with cannabis. If you live in a legal state then just ask the guy at the counter what strains are best for pain. Weed for me is the antithesis of addictive. I’ve been smoking it for a decade and only do so when I find it appropriate, I pass up on it regularly in certain social situations. Kratom is good at killing pain and doesn’t pose the same risk of hardcore psychological addiction like other opiates, but for me the physical dependence builds extremely fast. Two or three straight days of use is all I need to experience minor withdrawals. Others are way less sensitive to it. But if you want to be as safe as possible with it then I’d pick weed, or a CBD extract. I went back to using kratom extract once every two weeks and I’m done with all kratom products again. After just the one use I would suffer from headaches, fatigue, anxiety, depression, shortness of breath, etc.. I’m so sensitive to the stuff (partially because of previous opiate addictions) that it’s just not worth the suffering that comes later.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't get mine online. I medically get it from leafline labs. You can get CBD vape online but many have fillers or p.g. Or underdosed like 200 mg or less. Best online source is probably VapeBright for non medical purposes.

I vape less on non training days, maybe 3 times a day. On training days more like 6-7 times a day.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't get mine online. I medically get it from leafline labs. You can get CBD vape online but many have fillers or p.g. Or underdosed like 200 mg or less. Best online source is probably VapeBright for non medical purposes.

I vape less on non training days, maybe 3 times a day. On training days more like 6-7 times a day.
I’m currently looking into CBD blends. Do you notice it needs SOME thc to do the job well? Or can you get anxiety and pain relief at a high level on cbd only.

My problem is too much psychoactivity that I can’t seem to tolerate lately. I wig out bad. I feel like cbd on its own doesn’t do enough, but with a small amount of thc, it seems to do much more. Trying to look into blends with low head buzz yet still have a fraction of the anxiety and pain relief of weed.

Newth

Awards
I’m currently looking into CBD blends. Do you notice it needs SOME thc to do the job well? Or can you get anxiety and pain relief at a high level on cbd only.

My problem is too much psychoactivity that I can’t seem to tolerate lately. I wig out bad. I feel like cbd on its own doesn’t do enough, but with a small amount of thc, it seems to do much more. Trying to look into blends with low head buzz yet still have a fraction of the anxiety and pain relief of weed.
Weird bro. I don't know about anti-anxiety because I get anxiety sides from weed, cbd will tone down thc but in what respect I'm not sure.

Popeisdope

Awards
Awesome, I'll track that down. It ain't all rainbows and unicorns that's for sure.
I didn't dream for over 10 years because of weed(nearly 2 again now)..REM sleep is where we dream, it obviously ****s with that level of sleep and considering dreams are pretty much subconscious hallucinations it can't be to good. Those with an idea on Psilocybin/DMT/LSD therapy concepts could probably understand how bad this could end up.

I recently quit smoking bud cuz i got put on probation. I was smoking every day for 5ish years before though. Its been about a month and a half since i stopped. I vould never remember my dreams before vut noe theyre so clear and vivid. Which cam be a double edged sword sometimes. But just an anecdote to support what youre saying.

mignonneme

Awards
Of course, kratom is better at getting rid of muscle pain. But I don't buy cannabis to relieve muscle pain but to relieve tension. Tired muscles can ache after a workout, fall, or bump. Also, the joints in my legs and arms can suffer from swelling after lifting a lot of weight. Cannabis oil is very good at relieving tension and toning my joints. I've had a subscription to topgrows.com for years, where I buy CBD oil for my knees and ankles. I lift 200-pound weights very often, so my knees need toning ointments and oils. I suggest everyone use CBD oil to relieve muscle fatigue and joints. All my friends know about the CBD oil effect.

Last edited:

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like kratom for pain, but try to use it sparingly. Also, if you take it often once you stop the pain seems to be worse.

edit: just realized this thread is from 2018 smh.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My opioid receptors are gone. Not sure why but meds never seemed to work on me for pain. I have used cannabis. Works to take the edge off.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maaaaan, I listened to the idiots that say Kratom isn't addictive and got FUCKED UP lol took Kratom for a couple of weeks and didn't like it. So I stopped taking it and I got nasty withdrawals, I ain't touching that **** ever again

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Maaaaan, I listened to the idiots that say Kratom isn't addictive and got FUCKED UP lol took Kratom for a couple of weeks and didn't like it. So I stopped taking it and I got nasty withdrawals, I ain't touching that **** ever again
I have only used kratom an handful of times. I don't like opioids much but finding a tolerable dose and not exceeding it and then only using that when necessary something like 1 to 3 times a week is what I do. Would that being said at this point I still only used up kratom containing product 12 or 13 times in my life.

If you have any past experience with addiction to opioids it's probably a good idea to avoid kratom. Even now I'm using a nootropics product that contains it and the serving size being 4 to 8 capsules, I cannot exceed 5 without getting a little nauseous.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll just leave this here.

Screenshot_20220518-083713_Chrome.jpg

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have only used kratom an handful of times. I don't like opioids much but finding a tolerable dose and not exceeding it and then only using that when necessary something like 1 to 3 times a week is what I do. Would that being said at this point I still only used up kratom containing product 12 or 13 times in my life.

If you have any past experience with addiction to opioids it's probably a good idea to avoid kratom. Even now I'm using a nootropics product that contains it and the serving size being 4 to 8 capsules, I cannot exceed 5 without getting a little nauseous.
Yeah no history of opiate addiction, I do have a history of addiction though.

Used the Kratom to attempt to relieve pain from a back injury, which of course it didn't help lol... Oh man, yeah when I was trying to figure out an appropriate dose I got violently sick a couple times

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm very jealous of y'all who get anything out of cbd products.
Also, as long as we're discussing pain relief alternatives and I'm shamelessly plugging things:

Screenshot_20220518-091935_Chrome.jpg

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, as long as we're discussing pain relief alternatives and I'm shamelessly plugging things:

View attachment 216558

That's great stuff, and I use it daily.
Almost everyone who has ever tried it raves about it .... and now use it daily/regularly.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I've tried pills, creams, oils, vapes, etc. Only affects so far are only to my wallet lol
I'm the same way with CBD, if I get a high CBD content with some THC it does help a little, but if I get more then a buzz and actually get high sometimes I will hyper focus on the pain.

Then I usually sit on the couch and watch TV and eat Oreos

Datsun280z

Awards
  • First Up Vote

same. 4:1 cbd:thc is a good ratio. For me

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

We have a locally grown and produced CBD 3000mg "tincture" that has 4mg delta-9 per dropper so 100mg/CBD and 4mg/D9. Works very well for my household, 2 legged and 4 legged family members.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
We have a locally grown and produced CBD 3000mg "tincture" that has 4mg delta-9 per dropper so 100mg/CBD and 4mg/D9. Works very well for my household, 2 legged and 4 legged family members.
What is delta 9? Something synthetic? And does it get you high or is it more CBD like

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What is delta 9? Something synthetic? And does it get you high or is it more CBD like
Delta-9-THC is the isomer of THC found in most cannabis. Growing up we just called it THC.

We now distinguish Delta-9 from Delta-8-THC and Delta-10-THC because delta-9 is a C1 controlled substance whereas D8 and D10 technically are not. Delta-8 and Delta-10 are found in cannabis as well but in minor quantities. They have basically the same effect as Delta-9 with some minor differences in strength and length of effect.

You could compare this to PH/DS; Delta-8 and Delta-10 are like legal designer versions of Delta-9. Slightly weaker but with the same or similar effects and technically, federally, legal.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Delta-9-THC is the isomer of THC found in most cannabis. Growing up we just called it THC.

We now distinguish Delta-9 from Delta-8-THC and Delta-10-THC. Delta-8 and Delta-10 are found in cannabis as well but in minor quantities. They have basically the same effect as Delta-9 with some minor differences in strength and length of effect.

You could compare this to PH/DS; Delta-8 and Delta-10 are like legal designer versions of Delta-9. Slightly weaker but with the same or similar effects and technically, federally, legal.
Very good explanation 👍

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Back in my day it was called weed!

You had shwag, midies or dro. Every once in awhile we came across some haze or indigo and if we got super lucky it was the fabled AK-47 buds!

Get off my lawn damn kids

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Back in my day it was called weed!

You had shwag, midies or dro. Every once in awhile we came across some haze or indigo and if we got super lucky it was the fabled AK-47 budsAcid.

Get off my lawn damn kids
Yep. But before "dro" we called it "kind bud" or sometimes "bangers." The first special names I ever heard were purple haze (which no one actually had) and northern lights which was piney and amazing.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yep. But before "dro" we called it "kind bud" or sometimes "bangers." The first special names I ever heard were purple haze (which no one actually had) and northern lights which was piney and amazing.
I had real purple Haze, it was purple and greyish and $20 looked like less then half a gram. It was my junior year of high school and 3 of us smoked it and we're glued to our chairs for hours. I'm convinced it was the only real purple Haze we ever got.

We kind buds and northern lights too but that's what the skater kids called it. I lived in the hood and all the black dudes I grew up with called everything that was better then midies dro🤷

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had real purple Haze, it was purple and greyish and $20 looked like less then half a gram. It was my junior year of high school and 3 of us smoked it and we're glued to our chairs for hours. I'm convinced it was the only real purple Haze we ever got.

We kind buds and northern lights too but that's what the skater kids called it. I lived in the hood and all the black dudes I grew up with called everything that was better then midies dro🤷
Yes, skater kid was definitely my vibe. I couldn't actually "skate" anything to save my life but the baggy clothes were comfy AF.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
mananuska thunder fùck

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Northern lights probably my favorite of them all, when I used to be more into it. Super Skunk, White Widow, Super Silver Haze, Sour Diesel honorable mentions, lol.

Yes, skater kid was definitely my vibe. I couldn't actually "skate" anything to save my life but the baggy clothes were comfy AF.
I used to skate as a kid too (not related to the weed enthusiasm though) and the clothes I wore in middle school would probably be too big for me now 😄

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nortern lights probably my favorite of them all, when I used to be more into it. Super Skunk, White Widow, Super Silver Haze, Sour Diesel honorable mentions, lol.

I used to skate as a kid too (before the weed enthusiasm) and the clothes I wore in middle school would probably be too big for me now 😄
I still wear a similar style to when I was in highschool but my jeans are just way less baggy and my shirts a little more form-fitting.

I'm actually much heavier now than I was in the 8th grade or freshman year of high school but I'm about the same height and I've worn a size 12 shoe since I was 13 years old so I actually have some of my clothes and shoes from back then that I still wear once in a blue moon lol