Kombucha and the brain

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When I drink a GT Synergy kombucha, I feel a distinct and immediate nootropic effect, kind of a clarity plus very mild euphoria. It's not caffeine, it only has 10mg per bottle or something. I don't find anything when I google. What could it be?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Part of it could be related to the healthy dose of B vitamins in Kombucha. If I recall correctly it's rich with vitamins B6 and B12.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Part of it could be related to the healthy dose of B vitamins in Kombucha. If I recall correctly it's rich with vitamins B6 and B12.

I take a high quality, potent multi, as well as high levels of B vitamins in some preworkouts. I don't think that's it.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that's interesting, I have really liked a couple nootropics, and been totally unaffected by others. however I don't drink kombucha on account of liking women, so I may have to try this.

I think anything that boosts mental capacity is dope. you never know how foggy your brain is, until it's clear.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
that's interesting, I have really liked a couple nootropics, and been totally unaffected by others. however I don't drink kombucha on account of liking women, so I may have to try this.

I think anything that boosts mental capacity is dope. you never know how foggy your brain is, until it's clear.
Very true, and lol on the ladies thing.

I'm honestly wondering if the dose of good bacteria isn't tweaking something in the gut, but I'm not sure I've ever heard of anything working that way in an acute manner.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
we had a ton in the house when my step girls were home, one of them was actually dating a guy for a while that was starting his own brand. It was really big out here for a while and just sorta faded away....

I gotta give this a try though, always down for improved mental faculties.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I forgot to mention, but other common brands, like Health Ade, don't do this. My understanding is GT's is one of the few with loads of bacteria still alive, and they use bacteria besides coagulans.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I drink a GT Synergy kombucha, I feel a distinct and immediate nootropic effect, kind of a clarity plus very mild euphoria. It's not caffeine, it only has 10mg per bottle or something. I don't find anything when I google. What could it be?
How in the world do you tolerate the taste? Based on your post, I tried one (my wife has been buying them the last few months) and couldn't handle more than about a quarter of it before almost vomiting from the taste. Do you add anything to improve the taste, just get used to it over time, or does it just not bother you?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like the taste. Try the Ginger one, it's hot enough on the ginger it may disguise the funk.

****'s not actually supposed to taste like sucralose, ace k, and a flavoring package. :D

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the taste. Try the Ginger one, it's hot enough on the ginger it may disguise the funk.

****'s not actually supposed to taste like sucralose, ace k, and a flavoring package. :D
Ginger berry? That's the one I tried. Funny you mentioned artificial flavoring as a little bit ago I squirted some strawberry mio into it and the taste was a little more tolerable. :)

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Probably the probiotics in it along side with the ginger. Ginger is known for giving mental clarity in some people.