Unanswered Know any good coaches?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I want to continue on the path I’m on, I think I’m doing a good job but I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a coach. Preferably one that I can talk to about my anabolic usage as well as everything else conducive to coaching.
If you have a list of IFBB coaches or know anyone you’d wanna refer me to let me know! Not trying to be super picky, also not trying to pay hundred a month on coaching though, I have kids I have to take care of. I’ve been speaking with some pros in the $70-$125 range if that helps.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Whats the goal you have in mind?
How long have you been training?
Honestly whats the budget you have set aside for this?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whats the goal you have in mind?
How long have you been training?
Honestly whats the budget you have set aside for this?
I want to compete in a year or two. Depends on how ready I am in what time frame.
I’ve been training for 2 1/2-3 years now.
Around $70-$125 is all I can manage right now with bills and the kids.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I coach for sports performance. Mostly developing strength and power. I’m $45 a session in a group setting for between an hour and a hour and a half and $105 for 1 on 1s on the same time.

As a personal trainer for non specific training I’m $100 an hour

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ive heard really good things about Dominic Cardone. Another option may be @The Solution. Not sure of their rates

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I want to continue on the path I’m on, I think I’m doing a good job but I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a coach. Preferably one that I can talk to about my anabolic usage as well as everything else conducive to coaching.
If you have a list of IFBB coaches or know anyone you’d wanna refer me to let me know! Not trying to be super picky, also not trying to pay hundred a month on coaching though, I have kids I have to take care of. I’ve been speaking with some pros in the $70-$125 range if that helps.
Almost all Pro or top coaches will charge you far more than $70-100 a month
Some will cost you over $3000 a year to work with them.
If you want to pay such a little price you may only get that much in return. There is a risk/reward depending on who you want to work with, and how successful they have been with their clients. The more popular they get of course their rates will go up.

Remember you get what you pay for, just because you want to pay a low price does not always mean you get a great coach or someone who can point you in the right direction. If you don't have the money to invest in a coach I highly suggest taking the time to do your own research, test your body, listen to your body, and form your own conclusions with trial/error with different training, nutrition, and supplementation protocols

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why not do something like a one time diet and maybe a consultation with a reputable coach and then work from there for a while? I know mountaindogdiet offers that service and usually around holidays will offer a discount probably around 200$ iirc. That will at least give you a good starting point and some insight and breakdown to what you need to work on and how you need to approach it. I agree with @The Solution because I’ve heard people tell me they are paying way more than what you are looking for. The only other thing I can say is maybe take a chance with someone who is starting up and build with them, but their experience is not going to be as solid and their track record is not proven yet. This is a risk in itself, but if you believe in them maybe try that route. Remember experienced coaches have more than likely worked with individuals in similar situations to yours, and will have you eliminate years of trial and error you may spend on your own. It’s one thing to get in shape (you can more than likely figure that out) but something like peaking for a show is another story and an experienced coach is invaluable during that time.