Kimbo Slice Open Training Session

MMABoxing

Awards
Here’s a quick video of an open training session with Kimbo Sluce that was held at Bas Rutten’s Elite MMA gym just recently. If you’re wondering what the music is and why you’ve heard it before, that’s because it’s “Heart’s on Fire” from Rocky IV.

** don't post hate guys. I learned some new moves :woohoo:... Kimbo is looking pretty good on the ground

YouTube - KIMBO DAY at ELITE MMA

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Couldn't gather much from that training session, but honestly I don't think he even needs to train to beat Thompson.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If he lasts 3 mins, then he'll be fine. One thing that I have learned about the grappling that Bas teaches is that it would not work in a fight. Against the whitest of white belts, yes, but not against any legit fighter.

MMABoxing

Awards
what do you mean. Are you talking about his Instructional DVDs

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
cool vid. Did Kimbo always have an all gold grill or did he just get that?

MMABoxing

Awards
yeah man those were already there lol.

Thanks for the rep

MMABoxing

Awards
check out the next Kimbo thread Im about to make . maybe i can get another rep:)

size

Awards
  • Established
Bas can do many things that would not and does not work for the typical individual. He is an oddity in many ways.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
I like Kimbo and I think he'll do great in time but for now he's like Mike Tyson, if you can take him past 2 rounds then odds are he'll lose because once tired and on the ground he'll be submitted.

MMABoxing

Awards
how do you know that^ stop sayin stuff like that man. seriously....you dont know his ground game hes never been on the ground ok.... just saying

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how do you know that^ stop sayin stuff like that man. seriously....you dont know his ground game hes never been on the ground ok.... just saying
You could make that argument about almost anybody depending on the match up. Somebody generally has a superior ground game of the two opponents. Somebody is implicated as the weak point if it goes to the ground. Dogging on Kimbo's ground game might be a legit argument in theory, but until he's been tested and shown to fail at the ground, its all sawdust in the mouth to assume he has no ground game.

I wish Kimbo a sucessful career, we'll see how it unravels as it comes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MMA 3
wrasslin116 Supplement Logs 80
Jake Fires MMA 17
buster0371 MMA 56
MMA 3