Kickstand Squats

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
So I read the article and put into motion Sunday for Hams/calves.

I didn't like the feeling of the free barbell kickstand on a stack of weights. It felt too flimsy and injury prone.

However I tried this on the hip sled. Working leg in position and support leg with just toes on the bottom of sled. Started with 2 plates per side and loved it. Went to 3 and stayed there for another 3 sets. Wow. I loved it!!! Gonna try some variance tomorrow for my quad training as well!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So I read the article and put into motion Sunday for Hams/calves. I didn't like the feeling of the free barbell kickstand on a stack of weights. It felt too flimsy and injury prone. However I tried this on the hip sled. Working leg in position and support leg with just toes on the bottom of sled. Started with 2 plates per side and loved it. Went to 3 and stayed there for another 3 sets. Wow. I loved it!!! Gonna try some variance tomorrow for my quad training as well!
I recently read the article as well and have done 5x10 as my accessory lift on my last 2 Wendler squat days. I really enjoy them and i will without a doubt keep them in my routine for a while.