Ketogenic Diet When Breastfeeding

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
My wife delivered our daughter 2 months ago and wants to drop a lil weight, as both of us are in a wedding in about 6 weeks.

I'm doing a CKD and suggested that she join me... her concern is that she is currently breastfeeding and is worried that it might impact lactation or result in less nutrients in her milk.

Does anyone know if it's unhealthy for either mother or child for her to do a ketogenic diet?

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
I'm fairly certain it is safe however do not know the ins and outs on whether you needed to be keto prior to production or what.

There is a Facebook group called ketogenic nursing moms with over 50,000 members. Might be worth to ask some Q's over there as well or maybe the have a FAQ

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
My partner done it, out little girl is almost 8 months and healthy, lively body! I'd just reccomend a decent multi vit so all the micros are there, a fibre supp like psyllium husk and as you probably know PLENTY of water! The only issue my partner had was hypoglycaemia in the first week but she soon got over it and loves Keto haha