Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Summary

I am starting this log to help me keep track of my daily routine, and also keep track of my progress. I started this process last Friday (3/14/14). I have lifted on and off over the last several years. I have been out of the gym recently for around a year or so. I had a family member who was extremely ill in the hospital. I was relieving stress by drinking alcohol, and eating crap food. I finally decided to make a drastic change in the way I live my life and the type of person I was becoming.

I decided to start a Ketogenic Diet to lose fat, and also the array of other health benefits (mood, energy, mental alertness, glucose control, and much more...) I did a lot of research on the subject, and closely read a lot of the material from Dr. Dominic D' Agostino. Dr. D' Agostino is a neuro-scientist at the University of South Florida. He closely studies the benefit of ketosis on children with epilepsy.

I have been out of the prohormone, or supplement game in general, for a while. I decided to go with a mild 11-oxo cycle to get me back on track. I would like to mobilize some visceral fat, and felt it would be a good addition to a solid diet, and training regimen.

Cycle Overview

PH: LGI 11-X
Dose: 750/750/750/750/750 - I may add a couple more weeks if I am noticing anything.
Support: LGI Damage Control, Liv. 52, and multi-vitamin. (I know 11-oxo is not hepatoxic, but the liver support is more to clear any damage I did by consuming alcohol.
-This pretty much does it for supplements. Trying to keep it simple and get back in the swing of things.

Stats, Training, and Goals

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 218 lbs (Started at 220 lbs.)
Bodyfat: ~17-18% (Guess)

I will be using the MAX-OT training routine. My goal is to maintain the muscle mass I have. I am not too concerned with strength at this point, as my main concern is body composition. I am not doing much cardio, but I think I will be fine since I am in such a caloric deficit.

Diet

Ketogenic Diet, with approximate macros of 65 fat/ 35 protein/ any carbs from vegetables.

Daily goal is around 1800-2000 cals. This is well below my maintenance calories, but I am never hungry on this diet. The fat keeps me feeling nice and full throughout the day. I am also aiming for around 1 gram of protein for my desired weight, so around 190 grams per day.

I have been in Ketosis since around my 3rd or 4th day of dieting (3/17/14). I am feeling really good with a lot of energy. I will be using Ketostix periodically to see if I am still in. I know these are not the most accurate, but I like to do it anyways. I lost a lot of water weight initially, but have now settled around a 2 lb. loss.

Food List

Eggs
Bacon
Chicken
Pork
Beef
Tuna
Tilapia
Cheeses
Butter
Coconut Oil
Many more options available.

I will be updating the log daily. Anyone who wants to stop by is welcome. I always like to discuss ketogenic diets, recipes, etc. I could also use the motivation to stay on track. Thanks for your time guys.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Your calories look super low!! Expect to lose some muscle!

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
I'm in, get it brother. Loved 11-X with LGI. I'm trying topical 11-Keto which is similar to 11-X in a couple of weeks, maybe try bridging the two? It's XI-KT by Iron Legion
Thanks bro. When did you start to notice the 11-x kicking in?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Your calories look super low!! Expect to lose some muscle!
Yeah, they are pretty low. I am keeping them low in the induction phase of this ketogenic diet to get my body "deeper" in ketosis. I plan on raising them a little in a couple weeks. I will do this by adding in some more vegetables.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
DAY 8 (218 lb.)

Workout (chest)

Flat BB
Incline BB
Flat DB
Core Work

Duration: Around 45 minutes.

Diet
Pre-workout - black coffee, 2 tbsp. coconut oil
Breakfast - 6 whole eggs, 5 strips of bacon, 1 tbsp. organic non-salted butter

Intake for today
updated later

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
How many weeks did you run it, and was it standalone?

ChefJoey

ChefJoey

Awards
Subbed.

Interested in learning more about a keto diet approach.

jjobe6

jjobe6

Awards
  • Established
That is great you have decided to make a change. Good Luck.

B

bel1

Awards
11oxo always interests me but been on stronger stuff and effective doses seems costly..
in for more knowledge and noodz

M

Mystere3

Awards
I've thought about a keto cycled cut with carbs only pre/intra/post workout (about 80g total on workout days). I wonder if it'd be better to do when on?

B

bel1

Awards
I've tried full keto and it pretty much sucked, however i like avoiding carbs to keep the hunger in check.. well idk it may be cos i was doing it wrongly, was no carbs but my fat was only moderate

M

Mystere3

Awards
I would structure it like this:

C 80 (all periworkout)
F 150
P 250
Total cal 2670

I'd prolly run this with 80 mg of anavar solo.

On non-workout days I would go 150 fat 250 p for 60/40 split.

Would a month of this be too short?

B

bel1

Awards
I would structure it like this:

C 80 (all periworkout)
F 150
P 250
Total cal 2670

I'd prolly run this with 80 mg of anavar solo.

On non-workout days I would go 150 fat 250 p for 60/40 split.

Would a month of this be too short?
looks good, would do the carbs around workouts (pre-peri-post) instead of just peri, idk but i start off with my heavy compounds first so it would suck if i was drained.
1 month sounds short for a cut

M

Mystere3

Awards
Yeah I would do prolly 16 oz of milk and a banana before, and 25g of glycofuse peri and 8 oz milk with a shake post. Probably whole milk. Guess I could go 6 weeks.

M

Mystere3

Awards
all carbs postworkout for the win. i've never needed carbs for the energy pre workout, i find they make me bloated if i have them pre workout or earlier in the day
I def need them for heavy days and if you're in ketosis not to mention on cycle you'll def need them, IMO. Pre and intra workout carbs are shown to increase glycogen reload too which along with the insulin effect is the main reason you'd want them.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Sorry for lack of updates guys. I'm going to update the log tonight. Keep the keto talk up.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
And I am still going strong in keto...Feeling great...Shedding wait like crazy