Keto Salts

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am about 3 months into a keto diet. I keep my carbs extremely low and rarely do refeeds. I stumbled across a product called Ketocana from PA which seemed interesting yet VERY costly.

Are there any similar products out there comprised of keto salts? Seems like a great way to stay in ketosis but aid in strength in the gym. Any thoughts appreciated.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EvoMuse has a KetoInduce but if you're already in Keto it wouldn't help. I believe dsade has said that PA keto product is better once you're in ketosis and KetoInduce is better to transition into ketosis

MsBecca

MsBecca

Awards
Joe Rogan does Keto and was taking about Ketocana in an interview on YouTube.

luelinks

luelinks

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing keto diet for over 2 years now and I was thinking about actually checking this product out. I am about to start cutting again so this should be interesting. Subbed

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The Ketocana is pretty costly at around $85 for 16 servings. I was hoping someone else had or was coming out with a more cost effective alternative. Essentially its ketone salts that can assist with energy for workouts. Would be awesome to be able to fuel the muscles like that but remain in ketosis.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
You should look into leucine. If you have a heavy carb day about an hour after your last carbs take a nice dose of leucine and it should drop right back into ketosis. Ymmv

N

ntornado

Awards
You should look into leucine. If you have a heavy carb day about an hour after your last carbs take a nice dose of leucine and it should drop right back into ketosis. Ymmv
Sorry can you please elaborate on this? Any links?

N

ntornado

Awards
Best one I've found is search t nation for instant ketosis
Found it. This sounds like woo and I would love to see someone try it with blood glucose readings (maybe I will do it). It would depend on how fast ones metabolism is and how many carbs were consumed earlier in the day. If you are eating 300g of CHO earlier in the day then it is going to take a little while to get back into ketosis regardless of this "leucine ketosis hack". Also, if one has a quick metabolism and has had only a moderate amount of CHO during the day, then there is a pretty high chance they will be back in ketosis in the morning without a leucine hack.

For the OP, just get some good quality MCT. It is the cheapest and easiest way to get quickly back into ketosis after a refeed.

megadeth

megadeth

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could try 1/2 serving of KetoCaNa & add Keto8(MCT). Some get the same level of Ketones as a full serving of KetoCaNa at a much cheaper price.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am about 3 months into a keto diet. I keep my carbs extremely low and rarely do refeeds. I stumbled across a product called Ketocana from PA which seemed interesting yet VERY costly.

Are there any similar products out there comprised of keto salts? Seems like a great way to stay in ketosis but aid in strength in the gym. Any thoughts appreciated.
That is probably your best bet. These products are not cheap. Dont think theres any way around it

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
EvoMuse has a KetoInduce but if you're already in Keto it wouldn't help. I believe dsade has said that PA keto product is better once you're in ketosis and KetoInduce is better to transition into ketosis
This. And evomuse ketoinduce is sourced through pa.

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You could try 1/2 serving of KetoCaNa & add Keto8(MCT). Some get the same level of Ketones as a full serving of KetoCaNa at a much cheaper price.
Hey great feedback. I am going to check that out. I may even just try some Keto8 pre workout and see what that does.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey great feedback. I am going to check that out. I may even just try some Keto8 pre workout and see what that does.
Mcts preworkout on a keto diet essentially act as a fuel source. Not sure what you are looking for, but some coconut oil or any food source of mcts would be very similar. I always prefer real food to any supplement. Keto salts are a completely different beast.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The Ketocana is pretty costly at around $85 for 16 servings. I was hoping someone else had or was coming out with a more cost effective alternative. Essentially its ketone salts that can assist with energy for workouts. Would be awesome to be able to fuel the muscles like that but remain in ketosis.
Bob sebohar's metabolic efficiency training