Unanswered Keto on Cycle

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last summer I went full keto and I got leaner than I have ever been in my life. I have been training for a month on cycle to cut down and I am not having the results I would like. I’m going to run for 2 more months on test/var. My question is; has anyone ever went keto cutting while on a cycle? Anything that I should know that is different from typical protocol. Thanks

Ase_james

Awards
Last spring I did what you're doing now. I didn't go full keto, 3 days on then a reload.

I had great results, didn't loose any size, just some strength.
I'm running test only this year and am having similar results.

Imsaint

Imsaint

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last spring I did what you're doing now. I didn't go full keto, 3 days on then a reload.

I had great results, didn't loose any size, just some strength.
I'm running test only this year and am having similar results.
Last year I was full keto for 3 months, got ridiculously low in bf then I started to carb cycle and it did nothing for me. My body may have been too sensitive to it at that point but I can never have success with that.

Ase_james

Awards
I've been very progressive on cutting. I carb cycle down before I start cutting and go keto for a couple to a few weeks. If I tried just dumping carbs my body just goes to crap.

We're all different, I suppose. The reload is under 80g of fast carbs, and only on a rest day from the gym.

zunteck

zunteck

Awards
Last summer I went full keto and I got leaner than I have ever been in my life. I have been training for a month on cycle to cut down and I am not having the results I would like. I’m going to run for 2 more months on test/var. My question is; has anyone ever went keto cutting while on a cycle? Anything that I should know that is different from typical protocol. Thanks
Yes sir I did! Started last Nov. and after I finished 20 week cycle I feel great. I dropped 60lbs and put on some good lean muscle with this cycle.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote