Kanna for pessimistic mindset, brain fog, overthinking AND autoimmune disease?

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I’m considering kanna (Zembrin 25mg) for helping with mild anxiety, pessimistic mindset, brain fog and overthinking/rumination.

I’m particularly interested because, if I’ve understood well, kanna could also help with autoimmune diseases, by modulating the immune response - is it true? I have lichen planopilaris (similar to lupus) causing itching and inflammation on scalp.

Is there any noticeable side effect (e.g. on sex or libido) and/or potential bad interactions with other supplements? At the moment I’m considering also CBD oil, chaga mushroom and magnolia bark for my issues.

Thank you!

travbedaman

travbedaman

Awards
  • Established
Ive only tried Kanna from the most recommend vendor on the kanna subreddit, its an extract and I had an allergic reaction to it and broke out into hives, pretty much sucked. but I seem to be an isolated case. Many people love the stuff, but its pretty short lived but worth a shot. I snorted mine the one time (common with the pure extracts) and it was very similar to a very low dose MDMA, but effects are gone after a few hours. Pills and sublingual are more sedating/relaxing but do last longer.

Personally I am generally overly negative and very pessimistic about most things and have tried every supplement under the sun (plus all the other basic stuff like proper sleep diet, exercise meditation etc), but the only supplement that works for most of the day that generally puts me in a decent mood and gets rid of all the other bs in the background is nigella sativa extract, im pretty sensitive to the stuff, so really like 30-40 mg sublingual (anymore than that and I get kinda tired) lasts literally like 8-10 hours for me. Gets me through work without wanting to kill customers, so I would look into that if you have not already.

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's effects are only a few hours and are more of a band-aid. I'd suggest something like low dose psilocybin, and or lion's mane which actually has effects in helping aid in re-wirement of the brain with cognitive therapy, this being a longer term solution.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It's effects are only a few hours and are more of a band-aid. I'd suggest something like low dose psilocybin, and or lion's mane which actually has effects in helping aid in re-wirement of the brain with cognitive therapy, this being a longer term solution.
Thanks man. Lion’s mane seems interesting, however I’m concerned about potential 5-alpha reductase inhibition and other anti androgen effects such as lack of libido. Did you experience any of these?

Do you have any experience with CBD oil?

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely didn't notice any decrease in libido, I actually have more of one now mostly because I don't have of the aforementioned things you have said you are suffering from myself much anymore. I wouldn't be too concerned, people tend to worry themselves to side effects. In most cases the inhibition is negligible unless you of course you are that individual that it will effect negatively which is a rarity.
Yes I have tried cbd, I find it helped with anxiety and pain somewhat.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
thanks mate, can you suggest me a brand? Which dosage?

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks mate, can you suggest me a brand? Which dosage?
If you are meaning the Lions Mane - I first bought it off of Nootropics depot. I'm in Canada though so ended up getting something close to it on Amazon - New Roots Lions Mane, I started off with 500mg to see what that was like and then titrated up to 1g or 1000mgs. so one pill twice a day =)
If you were meaning the CBD it was from a local company here in Canada, don't think they ship world wide for legal reasons but I did take 20mgs which worked for me, a few times I went up to 40mgs, but 20mgs seemed to be the sweet spot.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Ive only tried Kanna from the most recommend vendor on the kanna subreddit, its an extract and I had an allergic reaction to it and broke out into hives, pretty much sucked. but I seem to be an isolated case. Many people love the stuff, but its pretty short lived but worth a shot. I snorted mine the one time (common with the pure extracts) and it was very similar to a very low dose MDMA, but effects are gone after a few hours. Pills and sublingual are more sedating/relaxing but do last longer.

Personally I am generally overly negative and very pessimistic about most things and have tried every supplement under the sun (plus all the other basic stuff like proper sleep diet, exercise meditation etc), but the only supplement that works for most of the day that generally puts me in a decent mood and gets rid of all the other bs in the background is nigella sativa extract, im pretty sensitive to the stuff, so really like 30-40 mg sublingual (anymore than that and I get kinda tired) lasts literally like 8-10 hours for me. Gets me through work without wanting to kill customers, so I would look into that if you have not already.
thanks man, black seed oil seems very interesting - I think it could help me also with modulating the immune response (I have an autoimmune disease). Can you advice a good brand, and also dosage?

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you are meaning the Lions Mane - I first bought it off of Nootropics depot. I'm in Canada though so ended up getting something close to it on Amazon - New Roots Lions Mane, I started off with 500mg to see what that was like and then titrated up to 1g or 1000mgs. so one pill twice a day =)
If you were meaning the CBD it was from a local company here in Canada, don't think they ship world wide for legal reasons but I did take 20mgs which worked for me, a few times I went up to 40mgs, but 20mgs seemed to be the sweet spot.
thanks mate for the advices. Do you think that mixing Lion's Mane with something "pro-libido", such as ashwagandha, cordyceps shilajit, cistanche etc. could be a good strategy?

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks mate for the advices. Do you think that mixing Lion's Mane with something "pro-libido", such as ashwagandha, cordyceps shilajit, cistanche etc. could be a good strategy?
If that is something you are worried about I don't see it hurting to try =) I have had better libido from Maca than the aforementioned herbs though =)

sdplissken

sdplissken

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I’m considering kanna (Zembrin 25mg) for helping with mild anxiety, pessimistic mindset, brain fog and overthinking/rumination.

I’m particularly interested because, if I’ve understood well, kanna could also help with autoimmune diseases, by modulating the immune response - is it true? I have lichen planopilaris (similar to lupus) causing itching and inflammation on scalp.

Is there any noticeable side effect (e.g. on sex or libido) and/or potential bad interactions with other supplements? At the moment I’m considering also CBD oil, chaga mushroom and magnolia bark for my issues.

Thank you!
Hi, I would stay away from sceletium tortuosum if I had an autoimmune medical condition. There is a chance that kanna could suppress your normal cortisol production and that's something you don't want. There is an in vitro study which shows that sceletium suppresses the production of all steroids, including testosterone.