Jym Pre-Workout, Cell Tech Hardgainer Creatine, 100% Whey

ThECrAzY2310

Awards
What do you guys think about this combination? I've been getting stronger but can seem to gain size. What do you guys recommend?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What do you guys think about this combination? I've been getting stronger but can seem to gain size. What do you guys recommend?
Can't remember the Jym pre-workout, but does that have creatine in it?

I'll always be more of a fan of plain creatine.

amarula

Awards
JYM pwo is a good formula IMO, but if you aren't growing, is more likely due to your diet. Enough protein/cals?

ThECrAzY2310

Awards
I forgot to mention, I'm 6'1 174lbs. 16.5bf. 29yo

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I forgot to mention, I'm 6'1 174lbs. 16.5bf. 29yo
I would say take in 200g of protein from protein foods only (that means chicken, beef, fish) and you should take your carbs out of your very last meal. Start doing cardio post workout. Yes, do cardio. It will increase your gherlin level and will help you eat more but it will also help with your cardio vascular health while keeping you learner. I would say 25 minutes, post-workout, with heart rate of 120-130 (if you can only get it up to or close to 120 then that is fine also). Do a 4 or a 5 day split but try to hit one of your body parts twice a week. For arms to grow you need pumps and volume, same for legs but you can take longer breaks between sets for legs because lifting heavier weight (correctly) will help them grow. I would say you should stick around 200g of carbs probably. You don't want to gain more fat if you are at 16 point some percent bodyfat.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
As far as the pre-workout, I looked at it's profile and frankly it is nothing special. I would try something different. I tried conqu3r by olympus labs yesterday and it was f#$cking amazing. I would say go with it. It has a much better and more solid profile with VERY good dosages.

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
Looking at your macros I would probably increase everything if you want to significantly gain size...protein, carbs, fats. Keeping in mind, The cleaner you keep the foods (even on a surplus) the more quality the weight gain will be (ie. more muscle, less fat) imo.

I personally use ON 100% whey, I have one shake per day post workout, and occasionally I'll add half a scoop to my oatmeal for flavor and a little extra protein boost. You might also considering using a Carb powder to help increase your carbs if you're having trouble getting more in via whole foods.
I don't supplement with a creatine personally. I always use pre workout, my favorite one is eFlow Nutrition ENRAGE it's an awesome balanced formula.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Looking at your macros I would probably increase everything if you want to significantly gain size...protein, carbs, fats. Keeping in mind, The cleaner you keep the foods (even on a surplus) the more quality the weight gain will be (ie. more muscle, less fat) imo.

I personally use ON 100% whey, I have one shake per day post workout, and occasionally I'll add half a scoop to my oatmeal for flavor and a little extra protein boost. You might also considering using a Carb powder to help increase your carbs if you're having trouble getting more in via whole foods.
I don't supplement with a creatine personally. I always use pre workout, my favorite one is eFlow Nutrition ENRAGE it's an awesome balanced formula.
Whats a clean food? Do i have to wash my bacon before I eat it?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In before if it fits your macros debate.

amarula

Awards
As far as the pre-workout, I looked at it's profile and frankly it is nothing special. I would try something different. I tried conqu3r by olympus labs yesterday and it was f#$cking amazing. I would say go with it. It has a much better and more solid profile with VERY good dosages.
What's missing in JYM?

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
In before if it fits your macros debate.
People are going to hate me for this but that is a bull**** debate IMHO.

Just an excuse for people to shove ice cream and cookies down while not feeling guilty.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
What's missing in JYM?
Hopefully I'll remember this post by tomorrow morning. I'll look at it again tomorrow and will let you know.

Also I need to learn how to do multi-quotes on the AM app.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
People are going to hate me for this but that is a bull**** debate IMHO.

Just an excuse for people to shove ice cream and cookies down while not feeling guilty.
Works for body comp though.