JustDidIt tests Athletic Xtreme's New Pre-W/O supplement

JustDidIt

JustDidIt

Awards
First off I would like to say Thank you AX for letting me test your new Pre-W/O supplement. After much disappointment, the FedEx man arrived and I immediately planned my day to go to the gym.

Since this is obviously a test product not released yet, I wasn't disappointed with Ziploc bag inside the FedEx package.

As recorded by other testers, the dry taste test reminded me of lemon sweet-tart - not bad at all. I hate it when you almost have to force yourself to down a pre-w/o drink.

As recommended by the document/directions I started with only 1/2 (1.5 tablespoons) the recommended dose (3 tablespoons) to access my tolerence.

This time I took the 1/2 dosage not on a empty stomach as I had just eaten lunch an hour prior... - not sure if this made a difference or not but I am willing to try the same dosage on a empty stomach to see if there is a difference - since I do have enough for 4.5 servings of the recommended dose. I used ice cold water and a 20oz shaker cup.

Alright folks, here's the scoop on the water consumption issue, direct from The Professor:

"-It will cause vasodilation, so consuming too much too concentrated may result in negative effects such as light headedness.
-The compounds will only work if they are FULLY dissolved, and 20 ounces of water is the best amount to ensure total solvation.
-Proper hydration before workouts is key for full functionality of the product.
-Because the professor says so."
Rating on 1-5, 5 being the highest mark.
Categories being reviewed(off the top of my head). Taste, Mixture, Energy, Strength, Pumps and Overall.

Taste:2
-This pink lemonade looking mixture tasted nothing like it looked. Even though the initial dry taste was great, like sweet-tarts, I think the amount of flavoring in the 20oz of cold water was not enough to make it enjoyable in the least. I will not be taking the 1/2 dose ever again. I can't imagine what this would be/taste like with room temperature water. At this moment I am NOT looking forward to this taste every time I workout. I also am not fond of downing 20oz of fluid before working out. I prefer the smaller 8-12oz mixtures...but I am testing this beta product and I will dose as directed.

Mixture:4
-I used ice cold water and with only a few shakes of my cup, this mixture did dissolve very well. Not sure how well it will mix with tap water...I'll test this as well.

Energy/Stamina:4
-With in the first 20ish min I did start to notice a focus feeling. Almost as if someone was pulling my skin tight on my face and my eyes were peeled open. Not the same tingly feeling in Jack3d and not the rush from N.O Explodes caffeine overdose - a completely different feeling. I don't think I ever received a energy boost, or a rush, but my endurance was greatly enhanced. This is still at 1/2 the dose and I have a high tolerance to stimulants - I worked out for two hours before I noticed that time had slipped away. The stamina was great.

Strength:1
-Nothing to write home about.

Pumps:4
-As directed at only 1/2 the recommended dose and with the full 20oz of water I was having some painful mind-blowing pumps. Several times I had to stop my concentrated curls because my bicep was SCREAAMING! I also noticed that I seemed very vascular...even more than normal as I am decently lean. Hours later it still looked I had just worked out. Pumps were unreal. Not what I am really looking for because I do feel as it hinders my workout progress. However, the pumps were there.

My first Overall impression after only taken 1/2 the recommended dose:3 Taste really hurt this inital test, however if all goes well and this product is successful in aiding my workout, I will use/recommend this product...I use products because of their effectiveness not because of the taste...this isn't a fine dining restaurant.

I look forward trying the full recommended dose tomorrow, however I am not looking forward to the taste. Stay tuned for day 2.

JustDidIt

JustDidIt

Awards
JustDidIt tests AX New Pre-W/O supplement - DAY2

- DAY2 -

Again tried the full 20oz as recommended but trying the full dosage 3 Tablespoons with cold water.

Categories being reviewed: Taste, Mixture, Energy, Strength, Pumps and Overall.

Taste:3
-Well I must say that it does taste better than the 1/2 dose. Much more flavor and not so watered down. However, the after taste for the next 20ish min is horrible...but bearable.

Mixture:4
-Again cold water - mixed very well. Something else I noticed that it doesn't have like M.R.I. Black powder is the pressure buildup in the shakercup while mixing. That stuff will pop the lid! This mixes more like Jack3d.

Energy/Stamina:4
- I again worked out for hours. Again no rush of energy...but the stamina...I would recommend this to someone who does strength and conditioning, MMA, Jiui-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing or any other endurance sport...But not so much for the power-lifters or anyone who is looking for the extra kick at the end of the day to get thru the workouts.

Strength:1
-Nothing to write home about.

Pumps:4
- I noticed even from the day before, I looked more vascular. This product definitely does a great job with N.O.

My 2nd Overall impression after taking the recommended FULL dose:3.2

JustDidIt

JustDidIt

Awards
noted...possibly because I didn't drink enough water throughout the day, I had a headache at the base of my skull....like a BP headache...for almost 4 hrs after...Probably won't dose 3 tablespoons again unless I drink more water...

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Nice log man.. Really like how concise and clear you are in each catagory..

.but I am testing this beta product and I will dose as directed.
Thanks mate, this really helps out alot and makes it much easier to actually evaluate the beta product..

JustDidIt

JustDidIt

Awards
JustDidIt tests AX New Pre-W/O supplement - DAY3

- DAY3 -

Again tried the full 20oz as recommended but trying a different dosage 2 Tablespoons with cold water. The headaches were killer yesterday. I have drank almost a gallon of water today so hopefully this will help with the "side effect."

-Since this was less than 3 scoops I cringed at the thought of it tasting like 1.5 tablespoons...but it was pleasantly bearable.

Mixture:3
-Tried room temperature water today and it did make a slight difference than the normal cold mixture. Although using the same shakercup and time shaken, I feel that this time there were a few undissolved granules of ...something...eh...oh well, can't hurt...I downed the mixture anyway. I will do cold water from now on.

Energy:4
- I unfortunately worked out really late...within 2 hours of calling it a day. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to sleep for hours...Nope...Lights out...passed out. Will still rate it a 4 even though I didn't work out as long because it didn't keep me up all night after a workout.

Strength:2
-still not impressed. But I've changed my rating on this because of the endurance it does give me during my workouts. Still recommend this to any endurance athlete who doesn't want a crash but a constant strength.

Pumps:5
- I have a FREAKIN VEIN in my rear delt-Lat area while I do overhead rope tri workouts! I'm not sure if this is making me leaner or just the effects of N.O. causing massive veins...I will see if I can get a picture...Never had that before.

My 3RD Overall impression after taking 2 tablespoon dose:3.4

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
I like how you have everything set up, especially the effects on pumps you are noteing, thats pretty freaking awesome. As far as strength gains your likely not going to see anything significant in such a short period of time except maybe endurance helping you get more reps.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
As Aaron wrote, seeing some strength gains if probably pretty hard since it's such a short period of testing... But as far as pump and energy it looks like it fits you really well... A rating of 5 in da pumpz must be freakin' INSANE :D How's your vascularity when you have such a freakin pump ? :)

JustDidIt

JustDidIt

Awards
JustDidIt tests AX New Pre-W/O supplement - DAY4

- DAY4 -

So after having success with 2 tablespoons and drinking at least 1 gallon of water I decided that this was "My recommended dosing" Again 20oz of cold water with 2 Tablespoons of pre-w/o powder. If I have success with this again, I may try and up the scoops as long as I can maintain my water intake.

-Again...bearable. Surprisingly the extra flavor coming from .5 tablespoons.

-Cold water again...mixture good.

- I have decided that focus is the inital "Boost" I get within the first 15min and this stays with me for at least 2 hrs.

Strength:2
-Still nothing to write home about. My reps may have increased 1-2 in incline DB press.

- My veins are more pronounced even upon waking up in the morning let alone what they are during workouts.

My 4th Overall impression after taking 2nd - 2 tablespoon dose:3.4 ....same as day 3....

:repost:

JustDidIt

JustDidIt

Awards
JustDidIt tests AX New Pre-W/O supplement - DAY5

- DAY5 -

So I have stuck with "My recommended dosing" of 20oz of cold water with 2 Tablespoons of pre-w/o powder. As I have limited my dosing, I will run this log to 6 days.

-Same...aftertaste.. :cringe:

-Cold water again, SAME...mixture good.

- :bigeyes: EYE's are wide open as I power thru my favorite "vanity workout" - bi's and tri's :arms:

Strength:3
-Hmmm...did a few more reps today...even with the pump freakin screaming at me. Even went up 10lbs in BB curls. :thumbsup:

- I think I found a new vein in my right bi as well as a few on my chest and shoulder region.

My 5th Overall impression after taking 3rd - 2 tablespoon dose:3.6

Key is definitely the extra H2O throughout the day....

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Nice update, looking forward for you final review :)

JustDidIt

JustDidIt

Awards
I know this may seem as a repeat...Other than taste, there was nothing bad about this product when taken at 2 tablespoons and +20oz of water.

As I am in need of boost/encouragement most days after a long day of work then the long drive home in traffic, this product wouldn't help me currently. But, if I already had the energy to drag my butt to the gym, this PRE-W/O is amazing for giving focus, endurance and ridiculous pumps. I have never had veins in my quads, shins and calves until I tried this product. This product gave me fullness in my muscles even the morning after the workouts.

Here is a break down of how I viewed this product.

Categories being reviewed: Taste, Mixture, Energy/Stamina, Strength, Pumps and Overall.

Taste: 3
-This pink lemonade looking mixture tasted nothing like it looked. Even though the initial dry taste was great, like sweet-tarts, I think the amount of flavoring in the 20oz of cold water was not enough to make it enjoyable in the least. I would NOT look forward to this taste every time I workout. I also am not fond of downing 20oz of fluid before working out. I prefer the smaller 8-12oz mixtures...overall bearable. Aftertaste.. :cringe:

Mixture: 3
-I used ice cold water and with only a few shakes of my cup, this mixture did dissolve very well. Overall Cold water recommended...mixture good.

Energy/Stamina: 4
-With in the first 20ish min I did start to notice a focus feeling. Almost as if someone was pulling my skin tight on my face and my eyes were peeled open. I don\'t think I ever received a energy boost, or a rush, but my endurance was greatly enhanced - I worked out for two hours before I noticed that time had slipped away. The stamina was great. I have decided that focus is the inital \"Boost\" I get within the first 15min and this stays with me for at least 2 hrs.

Strength: 3
-Still nothing to write home about. My reps may have increased 1-2 in incline DB press....even with the pump freakin screaming at me. Even went up 10lbs in BB curls in only 5 days.

Pumps: 5
-With the full 20oz of water I was having some painful mind-blowing pumps. Several times I had to stop my concentrated curls because my bicep was SCREAAMING! I also noticed that I seemed very vascular...even more than normal as I am decently lean. Hours later it still looked I had just worked out. My veins are more pronounced even upon waking up in the morning let alone what they are during workouts. Pumps were unreal. Not what I am really looking for because I do feel as it hinders my workout progress. However, the pumps were definitely there.

My Overall impression: 3.6
I would recommend this to someone who does strength and conditioning, MMA, Jiui-Jitsu, Muay Thai, Boxing or any other endurance sport...But not so much for the power-lifters or anyone who is looking for the extra kick at the end of the day to get thru the workouts. So I have stuck with \"My recommended dosing\" of 20oz of cold water with 2 Tablespoons of pre-w/o powder. 3 tablespoons was just too much for me....gave me a headache. Key is definitely the extra H2O throughout the day....I would make sure to drink LOTS of water if you want to run this Pre-W/O.