Just been prescribed Zocor

predator124

Awards
My cholesterol is pretty high 244, my HDL is only 10 (which is not good) my doc is putting me on Zocor.
I was on a cycle of Test and D-bol, only 3cc's a week of Test, and 50mg a day of D-bol. Will the Zocor and Continuation of cycle cause problems?
I have a family history of high Cholesterol so can't say one way or the other if the juice is causing it. Many family members are on meds for this, I just turned 40 so I figured this was coming sooner or later, just don't want to make matters worse if the cycle will mess up the Zocor.

Any tips for bringing down my levels verus prescription drugs. I heard something about blueberries actually lowering levels?
Peace..

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
red yeast rice has worked wonders for people.

genetic tendancy toward bad cholesterol + AAS == better be careful !!!

bigj

Awards
have you looked at possible side effects?

There are better things out there....
I knew a guy who started using lipitor, in 2 weeks he was in stage 3 kidney failure.
My mom's a pharmacist and doesn't like these statin drugs at all.
Natural alternatives are out there that WILL do the job very well...

Guido

Awards
My cholesterol is pretty high 244, my HDL is only 10 (which is not good) my doc is putting me on Zocor.
I was on a cycle of Test and D-bol, only 3cc's a week of Test, and 50mg a day of D-bol. Will the Zocor and Continuation of cycle cause problems?
I have a family history of high Cholesterol so can't say one way or the other if the juice is causing it. Many family members are on meds for this, I just turned 40 so I figured this was coming sooner or later, just don't want to make matters worse if the cycle will mess up the Zocor.

Any tips for bringing down my levels verus prescription drugs. I heard something about blueberries actually lowering levels?
Peace..
does your doc know you are using AAS? You are realtively young for CAD despite your family history. I suspect the levels would not be as poor had you not been using AAS, as you seem to have a genetic predispostion for hypercholesterolemia and heart disease. You really should not be using AAS to tell you the truth, and many of these prescription drugs used for controlling cholesterol are just as hepatotoxic as taking DBol with winny and anavar. But you'll never hear that...

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
There are better things out there....
I knew a guy who started using lipitor, in 2 weeks he was in stage 3 kidney failure.
My mom's a pharmacist and doesn't like these statin drugs at all.
Natural alternatives are out there that WILL do the job very well...
Are you referring to the mostly well-known natural alternatives (ie Red Yeast Rice, Niacin, NAC, etc) or do you mean something in particular?

Just curious cause I currently use the 3 supps I mentioned above due to slightly high cholesterol (never used AAS) and would be willing to give anything a chance if it could help.

BP

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if anyone has information relating to the following "natural" statins: Campesterol, stigmasterol and B-Sitosterol and if they in fact have some of the dangerous side effects as Zocor and other statin medications have. I have a supplement that contains Oat Bran Concentrate (Avena Sativa), the above three "natural" statins, Policosanol (which is a wonderful little supplement), Red Yeast Rice and TMG (for arterial wall strength).