Jswain's training log for powerlifting

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll update todays lift when i update for tomorrow. Paused box squat volume pr on the fatigue sets today. Other than that, quite uneventful.
Meh, enough uneventful days eventually lead to incredibly eventful competition days.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Meh, enough uneventful days eventually lead to incredibly eventful competition days.
Let's hope thats the case Jim. See look at that, you are capable of making non-smart ass contributions.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Another pretty good day today. This week went unbelievably better than i thought it would. Will try to update yesterday and today's lift after this interview tonight. If not, it'll happen tomorrow for sure.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright. Quick updates for Thurs and Fri before i head off to watch the Hawks game 7.

5/28 RTS c1w3 workout 3

warmup: usual foam/lax/clamshells/bulgarian split squats. Added in 2x30s of pollof press, i liked them here and will continue to use them in my warmup.

13.5" BOX SQ W/ 3 ct pause after coming off: x5@9 w/ 6-9% LD

45x10/135x5/185x5
225x6@6
[email protected]
295x5@9 - will hopefully go up further than this next week after i seem to have figured something out on these during the fatigue sets.
LD (-25; ~8.6%)
270x5 - took me 6 sets @ 2.5min rest to reach @9.

SS T&G BP: x8@10 w/ 6-9% LD
185x8
225x8 +SS
255x8@9; was supposed to go to @10, but there was once again no one else in the gym so I didnt wanna go completely ME.
LD (-20; ~7.8%)
235x5@8
235x5@9
I didn't have it on these today, just didn't feel right.

DIPS: x5@9 w/ 6-9% LD
BW x10
+45x5
+70x5
+80x5 @8
+90x5 @9
LD (-5lb)
+85x5@9

Im not sure how much im getting out of the slingshot right now. First problem is i think I bought 1 size too big.

Pause squats (the fatigue sets) felt really good. Had absolutely 0 back/hip pain at all. Hopefully it stays that way for a while.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5/29 RTS c1w3 workout 4

Weight 213lb :(

Warmup: usual fr/lax ball/dyn stretch/clamshells/BSS/+pollof press

~1" deficit deadlifts (all beltless) x5@9 w/ 6-9% LD
135x5
225x5
275x5
315x5
[email protected]
[email protected]; was starting to lose form here, and it was still a PR, so i called it. I had a little more in me.
LD (-35lb; 8.6%)
370x5@8
370x5@8
370x5@9; back fatigue/form became limiting factor, called it.

Pin GMS x5@9 w/ 6-9% LD
Bar x10
95x8
135x5
185x5
225x5
255x5 +belt here
[email protected]
290x5@9
LD(-25lb; ~8.6%)
265x5@8
265x5@9

OVERHEAD PRESS: x5@9 w/ 6-9% LD
Bar x10
95x8
135x5@6
160x5@9
LD (-10lb; ~6.25%)
150x5@8
150x5@9

SS facepulls 3x15 and GHR 3x10 with green mini band in with pin GMs and OP.

Hamstrings are tightttt from deficits + gms + ghrs. Back erectors are also muscularly sore, not spine pain or anything like that, which is awesome.

Overall, this week went pretty well. Hope to continue it on through next week. Im enjoying the exercise variety that this program brings.

Edit: one note, i do wish i could get some more glute work in. Im probably going to add in those ukranian stallion deadlifts somewhere next cycle (maybe at the end of squat days), the one time i've tried them i really felt them in my glutes.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is this Ukrainian stallion deadlifts? Must add to workout, too!!!!

Great session!!! :D

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ooh, I like those! Reminds me of rack pulls.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/1 RTS c1w4 workout 1

Warmup:
foam roll/lax ball/clamshells/lateral monster walks/dynamic stretches
goblet squats x10
SL KB rdl 10 per leg
BSS 10 per leg
Ukrainian Stallion KB DL 1x20 w/ green iron woody band
shoulder banded external & internal rotations
banded pollof press.

Took my time on warmups today and hit a few extra exercises. Both QLs were really tight this morning, I need a new bed so bad. I couldn't get them to loosen up and they are still tight as I'm at work.

COMP SQUATS: x4@9 w/4-6% LD
+box
45x10
135x6
185x6
-box
225x4
315x4
355x4@7
395x4@9; my knees caved in on my last 2 reps. If they didn't cave, i dont think it would have been @9 honestly. Probably at least partially due to my QL issues. I have a feeling that if i can address this and get my glute medius functioning properly, i'll get a decent jump in my squat strength.
LD (-20lb ~5.1%)
375x4@9; same as above..just only my final rep.

COMP BP x4@9 w/ 4-6% LD
45x10
135x8
185x5
225x4
255x4@7
[email protected]
275x4@9
LD(-15, ~5.45%)
[email protected]
260x4@9

SPOTO PRESS: x3@9 w/ 4-6% LD
135x3
185x3
[email protected]
245x3@8
255x3@9
LD (-15; 5.8%)
240x3@8
240x3@9

Notes:
*supersetted lateral pollof press and regular pollof presses with COMP BP. 3x10s per set, did 3 of each exercise per side.
*supersetted some light suitcase deadlifts @ 2x10 using the farmers walk apparatuses (i think they weigh like 75-80lb) with spotto presses.
* Hope my QLs loosen up by tomorrow for deads.
* Hip - pain free. Best squat day ive had in a while (still poverty #s lol).

A couple questions:
1. Are there any other squat cues you guys have instead of "screwing your feet into the floor" for glute involvement?
2. Cue for bench leg drive? Mine is terrible. I dont even think i get any really.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spread the floor gets the abductors going on the squat. When you can get your feet screwed in, spread the floor, and leg curl into the hole all at the same time, you'll feel like you've been shot out of a cannon.

For leg drive on bench, number one is setup. They should be tight before you even take the handout. Mine are so tight I've recently started taking a rest before I count down for the handoff. You have to fish around to find it, But it must be tight.

Then it depends on if you bench heels down or up. I kind of sit in the middle, heels up a little, but when I drive into them, they're on the floor. Then I push my toes through the front of my shoes. If your feet are way under you, then it's heels down. If they're totally flat on the floor, then you push your toes through the front of your shoes. Either way, have your legs about 80% tight as you receive the handoff, get them progressively tighter as you approach your chest. 95% when you touch your chest, then give it everything you've got on the press command.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Herder, I appreciate the hell out of you for taking time to write all that out man.

I will continue to work on the screwing the feet cue, hopefully if i just continue to think about it week after week it will click one of these days. Now that i have something to consciously think about for bench leg drive, maybe that will begin to improve as well.

Your post was actually the first time ive heard to leg curl in the hole. Once i get the screw the feet down ill start trying to work on that as well. Because, frankly, feeling like ive been shot out of a cannon out of the hole sounds pretty damn awesome.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Update #2- somehow the earlier one got deleted before I posted it. Hopefully I can remember my comments.

6/2 RTS c1w4 workout 2

Warmup:
PVC roll: back/quads
Rumble roll: lats/quads/hams/calves
Lax ball: pecs/glutes/delts
Dyn stretches
Hip circle clamshells 2x15ps
Kb squats x10
BSS x10 pl
Band int/ext rotations.
Pollof

COMP DL x4@9; 4-6% LD
-didn't have it today. Couldnt get my hips into the bar. Wasn't there mentally. Wasn't executing. Just felt off on these today.
135x5
225x5
275x5
315x4
365x4
405x4@7
455x4@9
LD (-25lb)
430x4@9; was pretty pissed at this point. But, I guess this is why RTS is RTS. Bad days happen.

FLOOR PRESS: x2@9; 4-6% LD
45x10
135x8
185x6
225x3
275x2@6
295x2@8
305x2@9
LD (-15lb)
290x2@8
290x2@8
290x2@9

ss ukranian stallion dl w/ green iron woody band x20 w/ last 2 sets

FRONT SQUAT: x6@9 w/4-6% LD
-limiting factor here was whether i could keep my upper back tight and a strong rack position.
- sabos off; + oly shoes
45x10
95x6
135x6
185x6
225x6@8
235x6@9; lost upper back tightness last 2 reps.
LD (-10lb)
225x6@8; upper back again.
[email protected]; had better rack position. Set was definitely easier than first.
225x6@9; ****ty on last 2 again.

-overall I just wasn't there mentally today for whatever reason.

Edit: forgot, during the early sets of floor press I was doing deads with 135 just pushing my hips into the bar to pop the bar off the floor. Just working on getting my hips into that position. I didnt really count reps or sets, just went until it felt like i had the positioning right.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im gonna be honest with you guys. Made a dumb move and had a couple too many beers last night for the hawks game. Was nauseas and had the ****s my entire workout. Top sets were 315x3 paused box squats and 280x4 on slingshot bench. Then instead of x6@9 for dips I just did 3x10 @ bodyweight and got out. Went back home to nap for an hour before work. Full update tomorrow after tomorrow's lift. Gonna try and get a good session in tomorrow to make up for today.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You have an exemption for the Stanley Cup.
Lol! But, on a real note, I've really been contemplating entering my first comp next month and I can't be screwing up squat days like that considering it is my worst lift by far.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's why you drink every day, so that you stay consistent in the gym.

Just brush it off and don't do it again before training. If so, push training back a day.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's why you drink every day, so that you stay consistent in the gym.

Just brush it off and don't do it again before training. If so, push training back a day.
Lol i guess thats an option. Just work out hungover every day so you dont know the difference. Dont think that's my best option haha. I would have pushed training back a day, but i am busy saturday and unable to train. So, I had to get it in today or I was going to miss a workout. I still think today was better than nothing.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I was a hardcore boozer for a couple years and trained just the same. Trained like an animal, partied like one too. Wasn't optimal, but I still made good gains. Not saying it's your situation at all, but it's not like we're pros here either. You can let loose and live a little.

Also, the biggest raw total I have ever seen in person was done drunk. Guy drank the whole day before, I arrive and he's chugging ice water out of a pitcher sweating bullets between warm-up sets while everyone else was in sweats from the strong air conditioning. He went 804/611/733.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sound miserable.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have no problem getting out and having some drinks with whoever. I just dont like it when it messed with my training. I much prefer it when i have an off day the next day. If i would've been able to lift after work it wouldn't of been an issue at all.

But, yeah, wow...thats kinda awesome lol. Almost 2200 drunk...

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright. 3 workouts behind on updates. Finally have an hour for lunch, lets see if i can get them in. Ive been extremely busy lately but havent missed any workouts. I still suck at squatting, sadly that didn't change since ive last updated.

Edit: damn it, i dont have the picture from my log book of 6/4 (the hungover 6am workout from hell). I dont wanna update out of order (slightly OCD, i know). I'll try again later tonight after work. If not, i will get them updated at some point.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As a general question though, the RTS Generalized Intermediate Program has frequency reducing to 3 times a week during this 5 week phase. I honestly dont really think i need to reduce frequency that much...how much do you guys think itd really hurt if i just added in a Cube type "weakness day" where i go in and mix in some mid-high rep work on some other areas such as back, calves, bis, etc. this would just be maybe weeks 5-8 and then id cut that day for the last 2 weeks to make sure im getting recovered before the mock meet in week 10.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright. Here comes the mega update. Last 5(?) workouts. For the sake of my updating and your reading, im only going to update the rpe sets and notes. I'll also update weight for last friday (forgot to take it today, probably a good thing). Warmup has been consistent and per usual.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6-4: workout at 6am post hawks game 1 victory. Like i said in my earlier update, feelin a little rough this day.

RTS c1w4 workout 3

13.5" box squats w/ 3 count pause immediately after coming off box (all belt less): x3@9 w/ 4-6% LD

275x3@7
[email protected]
315x3@9 - totally didn't realize I did this til right now. I was at least trying to man up and work through the beer ****s and nausea, lol.
[email protected]
295x3@8
295x3@9

SS T&G BP: x4@9 w/ 4-6% LD
225x4@6
265x4@8
280x4@9
265x4@8
265x4@9

- i remember feeling like i couldnt get anything out of the slanger, obviously. I can pretty much hit those without the sling.

DIPS: x6@9 w/ 4-6%LD

Did 3x10 BW and went home to sleep for a bit before work.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6-5

RTS c1w4 workout 4

~1" deficit sumo deadlifts: x3@9 w/ 4-6% LD

[email protected]
405x3@7
435x3@9; wanted to go up.
455x3@8 +belt.
410x3@7 (no more belt)
410x3@9 -my lower back is what always fatigues first on these. And quick.

PIN GMs: x6@9 w/ 4-6%LD

185x6@6 +reverse band around hips. I kind of combined a good morning with the Ukrainian deads here and a few earlier warmup sets. Just wanted to try it out to see if itd help provide some more glute work. Couldn't get the band length right.
225x6@7 +belt; no more band.
265x6@8
280x6@9
265x6@8 - my lower back was pretty fatigued with the earlier sets from these + deficit Deads. I called it here, i might be a little too careful with my lumbar. But, i dont wanna ef it up like i did late last year.

OP x6@9 w/ 4-6% LD
135x6@7
155x6@9

(And for some reason i apparently forgot to write down my LD sets. So i have no idea. I dont usually forget to do that.)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6-8

RTS c1w5 workout 1
365x3@7
[email protected] - i hit the first and second reps easily. 3rd one i tried to bury the depth and got a little loose in the hole. Kind of had to grind to get out of the hole at that point and the spotter ended up over spotting and giving some assistance under the armpits. In hindsight, i should have done another set.
385x3@8
385x3@9

SS T&G x7@10 w/ 4-6%LD

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
270x7@9
[email protected]
Didn't do LD sets. Had to hurry to get out of the gym for game 3. (I know, hawks are killing me. BUT, its the cup.)

Overhead press: x5@8 w/ 4-6% fatigue drop.
(Ended up having to use dumbells, power rack was taken)
[email protected]
[email protected]
75x5@8
75x5@9
[email protected]
[email protected]; fatigue reached.

Edit: as another quick note, i didnt have any SIJ pain while squatting again. Even though my squat is stalled; at least it isn't painful anymore.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I thought id have time to get through them all. I've gotta leave for work though. Ill try and get Wednesday's and today's updates in tomorrow morning.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6-10

RTS c1w5 workout 2

Comp BP: x3@9 w/4-6% LD

225x3@6
255x3@7
275x3@8
285x3@9; bench felt good that day. Finally getting a little leg drive and feeling a lot tighter overall with the help of Herder's cue.
LD(-15)
270x3@8
270x3@9

Comp DL (sumo): x3@9 w/ 4-6% LD

405x3
455x3@7
[email protected]
485x3@9
LD (-25)
[email protected]
460x3@9

DIPS: x5@8 w/ 4-6% fatigue drop repeats
+70x5@8
+70x5@8
[email protected]
+70x5@9
[email protected]

*dips were super setted with machine rear delt flys. 5 sets of 12-15.

- i was supposed to do front squats x8 w/ 4-6% fatigue drop repeats, but i was lifting for 2 hours and this point and that is long enough for me. Wanted to do them Friday, but i didn't have time before work.

4 exercises with working up then back off sets takes way too much time for one day IMO.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome workouts!!!! I'm a bit behind on your log. :D

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6-12

RTS c1w5 workout 3

Today was ALL belt-less

13.5" box squats with 3 ct pause after coming off box: x4@9 w/ 4-6% LD

[email protected]
295x4@8
310x4@9
LD(-15)
295x4@8
[email protected]
[email protected]
295x4@9

*i was really cuing gripping & spreading the floor and also went a little slower on the eccentrics. These felt pretty good today, i've got them for doubles this upcoming week so hopefully i can hit something decent. Ill take squat prs in whatever form i can get them at this point lol.

SPOTO PRESS: x2@9 w/ 4-6% LD

[email protected]
[email protected]
275x2@9
LD(-15)
[email protected]
[email protected]
260x2@9

*spoto press ss w/ band pull a parts 5 sets of 15. Orange band with 50lb tension when i bought it.

PIN GMs: x6@8 w/ 6-9% fatigue drop repeats

[email protected]
210x6@8
210x6@8
[email protected]
[email protected]

On the first rep of nearly all of these sets i get this shocking sensation that shoots down my leg into my heel. I know its my sciatic nerve. It doesnt hurt whatsoever, it's just this weird electrical shock sensation. Either way, it still freaks me out.

Gms were ss w/ pullups/chinups (alternated each set) did 5 sets total of the two combined. Then did 3x12 db hammer curls between sets.

*when i got to the gym on this day, my joints were aching horribly. The weather does this to me, seems to happen before it rains sometimes.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Awesome workouts!!!! I'm a bit behind on your log. :D
I just finally updated the last 5 workouts, so you really arent too behind. Feels good to be caught up

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On deck for today i've got squat x4@9; ss t&g bp triples @9 and op x6@8 with repeats.

Im thinking about trying out my oly shoes for squats today.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry i keep falling behind guys. Life has been pretty crazy the last 2 weeks. Got monday's workout in as planned and moved Wednesday's scheduled session to today. Set a x4 DL PR today with 495x4 @9. Monday was squat day and i once again didnt make any progress. At least i made some deadlift progress this week. Starting to think i might hit a lifetime single PR in deads here at the mock meet in 3 weeks. I moved
my feet in a bit on sumos today (from the inner outer 3rd of my shin at the ring to my outer inner third) and i think it really helped me break the floor. Kept the foot angle the same at 35-45 degrees (assuming 0 is straight ahead). Its almost a hybrid sumo/conventional pull at this point.

Ill try my best to get the full updates in tomorrow.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Forgot to take a picture of Monday's workout, or i would be able to do it at work right now. I will get it on my lunch break and if it stays this slow i'll get them in this afternoon.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, I just emailed the NGPF guy to see if i have missed a sign up deadline for a meet that is near me on 7/25. It is only a push/pull; but it is the closes meet to me and it is near the end of this training cycle; so ef it, i might as well just get my feet wet.

With that being said, my mock meet for the end of this 10 week cycle is set up for 7/10 or 7/11. With the NGPF meet being 15 days later, would it be better to just repeat a few weeks of training and push the peak back or just do the mock meet and then compete anyway 15 days afterward? Im assuming itd be best to just push the peak back instead of peaking twice in a 3 week timeframe; correct?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just my opinion here, but it sounds like this type of programming is not working well for you.

The results might be OK, or even good, but if mentally you feel you need to add more assistance then you are probably better off switching to a more assistance based program like the cube or westside style.

Typically, the best program is the one that you'll be able to follow to a T for a significant amount of time.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Peak for the meet. You'll blow your wad early trying to do it twice.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just my opinion here, but it sounds like this type of programming is not working well for you.

The results might be OK, or even good, but if mentally you feel you need to add more assistance then you are probably better off switching to a more assistance based program like the cube or westside style.

Typically, the best program is the one that you'll be able to follow to a T for a significant amount of time.
I realize this, and totally agree. I've been considering going to the cube after this 10 week training cycle. But, i just want to give this style a chance before i totally scrap it. Tuscherer obviously knows what the hell he is doing.

If i do decide to run another cycle of RTS style programming; i am going to be adding some rowing in with my supplemental movements. For example; i could superset some DB rows with my dip repeats. Really the only thing i want to add is horizontal rowing, rear delt and glute activation/hypertrophy work (higher rep GH raises). Mike seems to do that kind of stuff on a separate GPP day after looking over his log on the RTS forum.

Like i've said, I really just wanted to follow this program to a T before making personal adjustments. I hate when people say **** doesn't work and go around changing multiple of aspects of a program.

Thanks for the input Jim. Like I said, i totally agree with your last paragraph.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Peak for the meet. You'll blow your wad early trying to do it twice.
Figured this would be the answer. Thanks man. We will see if the meet works out. Still have 2 weeks to figure it out.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay, here come the updates.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/15

RTS c1w6 workout 1

Comp Squat: x4@9 w/ 6-9% LD

45x10 +box @ depth
135x2x5 (sets, reps) +box
225x2x5 +box first set; -box 2nd
275x2x4
315x4
[email protected]
385x4@9 (rep 1 was slowest, worst rep. I need to work on this, my 2 rep is typically always the smoothest rep when it comes to squats. bp and deads it doesnt really matter)
LD (-30)
355x4
*reached @9 on set #4

SS T&G BP x3@9 w/6-9% LD
225x3
255x3@6
275x3@7
[email protected]
300x3@9
-skipped load drops due to hawks game 6; had to hurry. (Thank god this problem is over and they won the cup)

Was supposed to do OP; set it up and some dude jumped into the rack to do curls. I thought i found a place where this **** didnt happen lol. Guess not.

So; revision: Swiss bar overhead press x6@8 w/ 6-9% repeats

113x6
133x6@9 (overshot)
123x6@8
123x6@9
-i was pushing the rest on these (probably at like 60-90s). Probably why I hit fatigue so fast.

In regards to squats, I need to figure this **** out. There is no reason why on 4/20 i could hit 400x6, 4/27 425x3. And 2 months later i am 1 rep more at 40lb less. Getting pretty damn annoyed.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Push the peak back.

Saturday's are basically my GPP days. We're using the same program (different accessories & supplementals)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/19

RTS c1w6 workout 2; readiness: 7 (this is something i'm going to start recording. Basically how mentally ready/into the session i am walking through the gym door).

COMP BP (all paused): x4@9 w/ 6-9% LD

45x10
95x2x5 (sets, reps)
135x4
185x4
225x4@6
[email protected]
265x4@9
LD(-20)
245x4
Hit @9 on 6th set. Kind of makes me think I underestimated on my top set.

Comp DL: x4@9 w/ 6-9% LD
135x2x5
225x2x5 (first set was just popping the bar off the floor with pushing hips into bar, second set full ROM)
315x4 (i knew at this point I was feeling pretty good on deads. Weight felt light still).
365x4
405x4
455x4@7
475x4@8 (hook grip)
[email protected] (alternating grip)
495x4@9 (alternating grip)
LD (-40)
455x4@8
455x4@9

And I was done since i had to leave and go get ready for that business meeting type thing i mentioned. I'm going to try and go in today after work to make up the front squats and dips i missed. Then I will do todays usual lift tomorrow morning before work.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Push the peak back.

Saturday's are basically my GPP days. We're using the same program (different accessories & supplementals)
So you go m/tues/thurs/fri and and sat as GPP? I just dont know if 5 sessions/week is feasible with my schedule. How would you
feel about adding rear delt work in with flys (going to be a secondary supplemental as tentatively planned for next cycle) and doing db rows paired with dips? That way i could still get the extra work in that I want but dont have to dedicate a 5th day to it.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you go m/tues/thurs/fri and and sat as GPP? I just dont know if 5 sessions/week is feasible with my schedule. How would you
feel about adding rear delt work in with flys (going to be a secondary supplemental as tentatively planned for next cycle) and doing db rows paired with dips? That way i could still get the extra work in that I want but dont have to dedicate a 5th day to it.
Yeah I go m,w,f,s. With Saturday almost being exclusively GPP work.

My previous training block/cycle was done exactly how you're describing what you want to do.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I go m,w,f,s. With Saturday almost being exclusively GPP work.

My previous training block/cycle was done exactly how you're describing what you want to do.
Hmm alright, thanks man. Thats more than likely what I'll do. Im already starting to plan my next training block. I have exercise selection all planned out (could change depending on how meet/mock meet goes). I just need to program reps & fatigues out (which i need to read up on on the RTS forum). If you or anyone else have any articles/etc on this kind of thing feel free to drop them in a link here, id really appreciate it.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/20

RTS c1w6 workout 3 readiness: 8

Weight: 213.5

Box squat w/ 3 count pause once off box: x2 @9 w/6-9% LD. (This is going to get a little confusing...i worked up with the safety bar because the PL team was using every squat bar. Then i found another ****ty bar and switched it out and had to work up again)

All belt less:

75x2x5 (sets, reps)
165x2x5
215x2
255x2
275x2@8
-SSB; + ****ty slippery squat bar
240x2
270x2@6
[email protected]
[email protected] *realized later i wasn't "spreading the floor" very well here.
320x2@8
330x2@9

LD(-30)
300x2
-hit @9 on set #6

SPOTO press: x2@9 w/ 6-9% LD

95x2x5
135x2x5
185x2x2
225x2
255x2@6
[email protected]
290x2@9

LD(-25)
265x2
*on set 8 i was at 8.5 and i capped it here. 2-2.5 min rest periods.

Was supposed to do pin GM x8 w/ 6-9% FD repeats; but, my lower back was tight coming into today and that shooting sensation from last week still kinda freaked me out. So I did banded goodmornings

Thin green band x5 sets
1x15
4x12
(60s rest)

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mid workout update. Just weighed the bar ive been squatting with since joining this gym and found out its actually 55lb with clips instead of 45. So thats cool. My squat still sucks but 10lbs is 10lbs

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6/22

RTS c1w7 workout 1
Readiness: 7.5

Warmup: usual

COMP SQ: x2@9 w/4-6%LD

55x10 w/ 3ct pause on first 5
145x2x5 (sets, reps) 3 ct pause on first set
195x3
235x2
285x2
325x2
[email protected]
415x2@8
425x2@9
LD(-20) ~4.8%
[email protected]
[email protected]
405x2@9

Decent squat day, for me, considering how bad they've been lately.

SS T&G BP: x6@10 w/ 4-6% LD

135x2x6 (pinky on ring)
185x6 (ring on ring)
225x6+SS (middle on ring)
255x6@6 (middle from here on)
275x6@8
[email protected]
295x6@10 (legit 10, no chance for another rep)

LD (-15) ~5.1%
280x6@10 *top set l*ckout took quite a bit out of my tris.

OP: x4@8 w/ 4-6% repeats

95x4
135x4@6
155x4@8
155x4@8
[email protected]
155x4@9
155x4@10 (overshot)

Made a little ground back on squats today. Hopefully today is the start of an upswing and i bust through my old PR of 450 (lol).

I will be keeping my grip for slingshot bp with my middle on the ring. I get more out of the slanger with the wider grip (imagine that...)

Rest for squats were 3-4 mins
Rest for others were 2-2.5 mins.