Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Waiting for joint xt to restock at dps.
for $10 i highly suggest giving voltaren gel a try....until just recently it was by prescription only, and is same prescription strength i was prescribed-good stuff!!!

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
i'm telling you guys straight up, if you have sore knees, ankles, wrists/hands or elbows get some voltaren gel...it is now otc at walmart/krogers/walgreens for around $10 and is the same stuff i was prescribed for my knee before i got replacement...real deal!!!
for $10 i highly suggest giving voltaren gel a try....until just recently it was by prescription only, and is same prescription strength i was prescribed-good stuff!!!

Which Voltaren are you referring to? From a cursory search it seems like there are a variety of formulas to choose from. I have a nagging wrist (double fracture about 12yrs ago) that gets worse as my flat bench and squat get higher.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did anyone read ergologs' article on a study on collagen (Fortigel)? Apparently, it helped people regrow their cartilage at 10g per day for 48 weeks.
source: https://www.ergo-log.com/collagensupplements.html
Pretty compelling from the scans but should probably be taken with a grain of salt as the study was with 30 people suffering mild arthritis and was funded by Gelita, the manufacturer of Fortigel.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty compelling from the scans but should probably be taken with a grain of salt as the study was with 30 people suffering mild arthritis and was funded by Gelita, the manufacturer of Fortigel.
True, I didn't see the funding part. I guess if an independent lab could corroborate the results, it would be better. Or self-experimentation :D Swanson has Fortigel collagen supplement (1 month supply) with each serving yielding 10g of Fortigel. So 48 weeks means about 11 months and at $25 a bottle, it'll cost $275.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Which Voltaren are you referring to? From a cursory search it seems like there are a variety of formulas to choose from. I have a nagging wrist (double fracture about 12yrs ago) that gets worse as my flat bench and squat get higher.
there is only one voltaren gel...diclofenic acid.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I mean this stuff. I think it is Voltaren gel but just had a different brand name in the UK. ‘Diclofenac’ is the patented compound in both and the packaging looks the same

@thebigt

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
View attachment 199098

I mean this stuff. I think it is Voltaren gel but just had a different brand name in the UK. ‘Diclofenac’ is the patented compound in both and the packaging looks the same

@thebigt
seems very similar...other than voltaren is diclofenac sodium and is a 1% solution versus 2.32 for voltarol?...but oddly enough gsk makes both?

my opinion is voltarol is somewhat different but should be good to go.

ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
seems very similar...other than voltaren is diclofenac sodium and is a 1% solution versus 2.32 for voltarol?...but oddly enough gsk makes both?

my opinion is voltarol is somewhat different but should be good to go.
I saw an extra strength Voltaren that was 2.32 as well. It seems the 1% is actually listed as 1.16 on some packaging too. It's funny what companies will do sometimes because of medicare/medicaid and insurance so maybe this is one of those instances?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I saw an extra strength Voltaren that was 2.32 as well. It seems the 1% is actually listed as 1.16 on some packaging too. It's funny what companies will do sometimes because of medicare/medicaid and insurance so maybe this is one of those instances?
i think the main reason products go otc after being by prescription only is so that insurance/medicare/medicaid don't have to cover them any longer. look at claritin and prilosec, both used to be covered by insurance plans now they are otc-MOST insurance plans do NOT cover otc drugs.

i just did some research, medicaid WILL pay for over the counter drugs if they are prescribed but medicare will NOT, that is f'ed up. in other words if you have paid into medicare all your life you are not covered.