Joint health/Joint pain

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have a couple questions. I do take 5000 iu of Vit D a day, 100 mcg of Vit K2 MK-7 a day and 2 OxiMega fish oil twice per day.

A. What is your favorite supplement or supplement protocol to help with joint health and anti inflammatory?
B. What is your favorite curcumin form/product to help with joint health and anti inflammatory?

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A. What is your favorite supplement or supplement protocol to help with joint health and anti inflammatory?
B. What is your favorite curcumin form/product to help with joint health and anti inflammatory?
A-Animal Flex and a good collagen type ll supplement, I personally use Yamamoto's Effortex because it has collagen type ll and a lot of other good joint supports in it.
B-I haven't used Curcumin in years, so sorry, but I can't really help you there

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
To echo on what Slims said i would add Orange Triad by CL to the mix. It's a multi with a joint formula that really works for me.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curcumin is a pretty solid single ingredient for this purpose. Check out this thread (Curcumin) for more info. Different forms are constantly coming out so it can be tough to manage, but I wouldn't worry too much about always looking for the newest or best, but finding one that's research and cost seem to fit your goals and budget.

For full joint products some solid and fully comprehensive formulas would include SNS Joint Support XT and Morphogen Orthogen

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You could always add in some iconogenin which is part of my regimen. It seems to aid in reducing my joint issues, which are considerable.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just picked up some Jacked Factory Flex-XT to try out, which has curcumin, Fruitex-B, boswellia, and hyaluronic acid. Price was right, so we'll see how it goes. But cissus is up there for me as well.

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It might just be marketing but everything I read tells me to help actually fix joint pain and not just help alleviate the pain that one should take Collagen type 2. I personally buy Healthy Origins UC-II and noticed it help. Though I am not too knowledgeable in the field of joint supplements.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed for this as I'm in the market for a new joint supplement since my Flexatril stash just ran out. I'm considering Gaspari Proven Joint and Core Flex at the moment.

bigdadybry

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I am interested in hearing about options. Feeling the affects of tennis elbow right now. Never had it before. Will be starting with collagen soon, and icing the elbow. Anything to speed recovery.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have sworn by cissus for years! I had tendonitis in both shoulders (bicep tendon), right elbow and left knee...started Super Cissus and it all went away in about a month without changing habits too much. took for 6 months and then discontinued use...6 months later it all came back - haven't stopped using cissus since and it's all stayed pretty under control - IMO it's cheap for what it does.

been meaning to release a proper cissus product under Iconic

Wayne74

Awards
Unbreakable by hardrapharm really helped me. Also helped out my stomach problems which I’ve had on and off for years

Last edited:
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unbreakable by hardraphatm really helped me. Also helped out my stomach problems which I’ve had on and off for years
Really? I thought oral BPC-157 had terrible bioabsorbility? Plus it's darn expensive.

Wayne74

Awards
Friend at gym recommended, so I didn’t mind paying the money as I was having terrible joint trouble. Worth it in my opinion

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have sworn by cissus for years! I had tendonitis in both shoulders (bicep tendon), right elbow and left knee...started Super Cissus and it all went away in about a month without changing habits too much. took for 6 months and then discontinued use...6 months later it all came back - haven't stopped using cissus since and it's all stayed pretty under control - IMO it's cheap for what it does.

voltaren gel works well on elbows and knees, but doesn't work on shoulders, hips and back-unfortunately.

going to order some cissus and see if it helps my sciatica.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think I know the answer but has anyone had good results with bulksupps cissus? Or does anyone have a good bulk powder source? I've seen a few options like pure bulk but wasn't sure about the quality.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think I know the answer but has anyone had good results with bulksupps cissus? Or does anyone have a good bulk powder source? I've seen a few options like pure bulk but wasn't sure about the quality.
honestly, it's ducking disgusting - buy it in caps

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
IMO Apex-Alchemy Helios is a Terrific TD Curcumin product.

It is one of my favorite new products of Any type.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ok, i have no skin in this game...voltaren was prescribed to me for over 5 years for my bone on bone knee prior to getting knee replacement. voltaren gel is now available at walmart/krogers/walgreens for around $10 a tube.

it works great on knees/feet/hands/elbows---not very well on shoulders, back or hips.

voltaren isn't much help for my sciatica but i tried PAIN BLOC 24 capsacin topical and it does help some...waiting on iconic formulations to get cbd oil in stock the best thing i've tried for my sciatica....hope this helps!!!

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
honestly, it's ducking disgusting - buy it in caps
I put bulk HGW and LJ in unflavored protein... But I think the worst thing I down though is spirulina. That crap cakes to your mouth lmao.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

what percentage?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Really? I thought oral BPC-157 had terrible bioabsorbility? Plus it's darn expensive.
Oral isn't great for injuries repair but it is also a great supp for gut health so with oral you would only get that effect on gut health

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Any suggestions for Achilles tendinitis? Starting to creep up getting up in the morning?

ironkill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any suggestions for Achilles tendinitis? Starting to creep up getting up in the morning?
Not a supplement but look up heel drops for rehab. Did wonders for me with my achilles tendonitis

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was under the impression that eating collagen is a waste (never makes it past the stomach) so how do these products - like cissus - work?

The older i get the more conscious I get about overall inflammation throughout my body and my joint health.

Any insight to improving both of those would be great
google beta androstenetriol [b-AET] the main ingredient in iron legion invictus and iconiformulations AET

-RONIN-

Awards
  • First Up Vote
google beta androstenetriol [b-AET] the main ingredient in iron legion invictus and iconiformulations AET
Very good product. Subtle mood enhancing and sense of calmness and fat loss aroynd midsection even if i dont want it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was under the impression that eating collagen is a waste (never makes it past the stomach) so how do these products - like cissus - work?

The older i get the more conscious I get about overall inflammation throughout my body and my joint health.

Any insight to improving both of those would be great
Cissus isn't Collagen (sorry if that isn't what you were implying).

It probably is an issue with some collagen products and they do tend to be hit or miss for joint help (but may be great for skin and hair and nails, etc.), but UC-II has some decent studies for joints and inflammation.

Cissus doesn't have as much as far as actual studies, but there is also lots of anecdotal reviews for its effectiveness. Seems to help lessen joint pain (shown in athletes) and has traditional uses of bone health and healing as well.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I also agree with Cissus as a major help! I’ve had 3 shoulder surgeries and while on Cissus it’s like I never even had surgery.

Others: fish oil, resveratrol, glucosamine and chondroitin, turmeric, green tea extract, MSM and MK-677

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
isn’t invictus counter productive to joint health? if it’s reducing cortisol and drying you out?

also, how long does a bottle last??

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
isn’t invictus counter productive to joint health? if it’s reducing cortisol and drying you out?

also, how long does a bottle last??
a bottle will last a month if ran full 1ml per day dose. google it, lots of info showing it's good for joint health.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm telling you guys straight up, if you have sore knees, ankles, wrists/hands or elbows get some voltaren gel...it is now otc at walmart/krogers/walgreens for around $10 and is the same stuff i was prescribed for my knee before i got replacement...real deal!!!

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm telling you guys straight up, if you have sore knees, ankles, wrists/hands or elbows get some voltaren gel...it is now otc at walmart/krogers/walgreens for around $10 and is the same stuff i was prescribed for my knee before i got replacement...real deal!!!
do you think it would help hip pain? basically at the front of the leg and in the crease

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I recommend Labrada Elastijoint. It has 5g of hydrolyzed gelatin, 2g of MSM, 1.5g of Glucosamine, and 1.2g of chondroitin. Those are all in a more than 1g dose of each which has been shown in studies to benefit joints. I have my 76 year old father take it and he swears by it. He had to have rotator cuff surgery, but since he's been using ElastiJoint, he's been pain free and has no problems. It's a great formula and I highly recommend it.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
it is a good formula but it tastes awful. at least the previous label did. i feel like i could taste the actual shellfish

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
do you think it would help hip pain? basically at the front of the leg and in the crease
unfortunately not very much, it hasn't done much to help my sciatica, it's much better for bony areas like knees hands/wrists, elbows it didn't work nearly as well on my shoulder either but for those bony spots it's incredible.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I recommend Labrada Elastijoint. It has 5g of hydrolyzed gelatin, 2g of MSM, 1.5g of Glucosamine, and 1.2g of chondroitin. Those are all in a more than 1g dose of each which has been shown in studies to benefit joints. I have my 76 year old father take it and he swears by it. He had to have rotator cuff surgery, but since he's been using ElastiJoint, he's been pain free and has no problems. It's a great formula and I highly recommend it.

Is Labrada still a good brand? I remember a few years ago, they got into legal trouble for supposedly false advertising or false labeling of ingredients?

Also has anyone had any luck with Emu Oil for join pain relief?

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Is Labrada still a good brand? I remember a few years ago, they got into legal trouble for supposedly false advertising or false labeling of ingredients?
I don't remember that, so I don't know. But I can tell you Elastijoint has what it says on the label. It definitely works and it's not a bogus product.

I did a search for Labrada legal trouble and all I could find was they had a recall for undeclared egg protein in one of their products. https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/labrada-nutrition-issues-allergy-alert-undeclared-egg-leanpro8-protein-powder

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't remember that, so I don't know. But I can tell you Elastijoint has what it says on the label. It definitely works and it's not a bogus product.

I did a search for Labrada legal trouble and all I could find was they had a recall for undeclared egg protein in one of their products. https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/labrada-nutrition-issues-allergy-alert-undeclared-egg-leanpro8-protein-powder

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Oh yeah I remember that. There was also this court case against Labrada claiming that their fat burning products were not effective.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven’t tried many joint Supps so I can’t recommend any but applying a bit of Voltarol directly onto the joints in question 30 min pre-workout has really helped me

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For me, I enjoy SNS Joint Support XT and usually pair it with Cissus XT. Both great prices and high quality (SNS is one of the most trusted around). I'm a big proponent of fish oil as well as it has a myriad of health benefits too.

Year round I take fish oil and Joint Support XT and during heavy lifting times or stressful times I add cissus xt.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t tried many joint Supps so I can’t recommend any but applying a bit of Voltarol directly onto the joints in question 30 min pre-workout has really helped me
do you mean voltaren gel?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
had the wife pick this up today. put some on my aching lower back......seems to have helped. placebo?
it might help some on back but really good for knees, hands/wrists, elbows, feet and ankles. voltaren gel is good stuff when used on those areas, less effective on back, hips, shoulders from my experience.

at around $10 bucks a tube it is definately worth trying.