Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
From John's FB:

This is Mary, John has suffered a heart attack today. His blood vessels appear to be fine. Potentially a clotting disorder with his blood. He is in hospital now. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you!

Hope this is nothing serious.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow. Hope everything works out for him. His programs are amazing and he's just a genuinely nice guy.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn sucks to hear. He was on top of his stuff and also just had a heart scan within the past few years and he was squeaky clean

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn sucks to hear. He was on top of his stuff and also just had a heart scan within the past few years and he was squeaky clean
Hope he is ok. He is all around a really great guy. Even with all the precautions I would argue our bodies just aren’t meant to get that big without consequences. I know it could be clotting and unrelated but it’s Always a sobering reminder For me when this kind of stuff happens. Yes I know heart disease is the leading cause of death among males (around 25%); but I also know gear and high levels of test etc increase your risk more than many people are willing to admit. Praying for him and his fam.

Last edited:
CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Agreed
Hope he is ok. He is all around a really great guy. Even with all the precautions I would argue our bodies just aren’t meant to get that big without consequences. I know it could be clotting and unrelated but it’s Always a sobering reminder For me when this kind of stuff happens. Yes I know heart disease is the leading cause of death among males (around 25%); but I also know gear and high levels of test etc increase your risk more than many people are willing to admit. Praying for him and his fam.
Agreed. Not just the gear but diets as well as getting so heavy for so long. I think mild gear use and keeping weight down mitigate some of this but it wouldn’t be lying to ourselves to say it’s doesn’t increase it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This, 250lbs of fat or 250lbs of muscle, your heart doesn't know the difference

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
General public gets ahold of this, they’ll just blame it on steroids. But some overweight fatty that never took care of them self, drinks, smokes, etc gets a heart attack... oh, it’s just bad luck.

Anyway, hope he’s ok.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Wow. Hope everything works out for him. His programs are amazing and he's just a genuinely nice guy.
His programs and youtube videos were extremely useful for me when I was starting out.

Hope he recovers quickly

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Prayers for him and his family. Great guy.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This, 250lbs of fat or 250lbs of muscle, your heart doesn't know the difference
Being overweight, all muscle is actually harder for the heart to deal with

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
probably a lot easier for someone to lose 60 pounds at 40% body fat than it will for someone to lose legit muscle tissue at 250 sub 10%

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But this is just devastating and I will pray for him. First Luke , now this? It's like what happened to Dallas and Rich

You wonder if they were both from the stress of this whole situation. Something got triggered .

It's so sad as Luke left a family and John has a family

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang that sucks to hear! Hope he's doing okay!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definitely learn some great exercises from him!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dang that sucks. I lost my uncle to his 8th heart attack a few months back. Super fit guy and always ate great but genetics are genetics. Crazy part was he knew this was the one and called all 4 of his daughters first to wish them good bye.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don’t think this is from him being 240-250. His wife updated his condition and they think this is from his blood disorder he had 15 years ago. He had 2 arteries blocked from blood clots , not from plaque in the arteries. They have cleared one of them, but are working on the other. John Is 5’6”. I don’t think he was at 250 for a long time. I’m pretty sure the last 4-5 years he’s been running about 220.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Def praying for meadows and his family.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Update on John. As I mentioned yesterday one of the clots he had dissolved yesterday from the blood thinners thankfully. The other one will hopefully dissolve today on its own. They decided to not go in with a cath today, as things are going well. He is in less pain today also which is a good sign. They are running alot of different tests on him tomorrow to see if they can get a better idea of where the clot started. These are many of same tests they ran in 2005. So no surgery, no stints and hopefully full recovery. Thank you so much for all the kind messages.
They did test him for covid and he was negative.
Mary

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
But this is just devastating and I will pray for him. First Luke , now this? It's like what happened to Dallas and Rich

You wonder if they were both from the stress of this whole situation. Something got triggered .

It's so sad as Luke left a family and John has a family
Meadows and Luke have very very different situations then Dallas and rich.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Update on John. He is coming home today! They did alot of testing this morning, and found his heart size is completely normal, there is no calcification buildup in arteries, but there is some weakness due to the clots that were there. The weakness is about 10% of decreased heart function and could return to normal if things go right. They could not find the source of the clots but he is on blood thinners to manage that. He has bounced back very strongly from this. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Mary

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Update on John. He is coming home today! They did alot of testing this morning, and found his heart size is completely normal, there is no calcification buildup in arteries, but there is some weakness due to the clots that were there. The weakness is about 10% of decreased heart function and could return to normal if things go right. They could not find the source of the clots but he is on blood thinners to manage that. He has bounced back very strongly from this. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Mary
I'm glad to hear he's getting better, I've enjoyed John's youtube channel very much. He seems like really nice, down to earth person i know a lot of people will be rooting for him.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Doss Pro Bodybuilding 2
Anabolics 11
Afi140 Supplements 25
DEVANS89 Training Forum 21