jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Product

Just to kick things off then, a big shout out to Hyde for giving me the opportunity to give this product a shot. The product is Controlled Labs White Warped which is their new pre-workout offering.

controlled-labs-white-warped-label.jpeg

My bottle is the Strawberry Jellybean flavor, and it arrived on Saturday. I've since used it twice, but I will save my impressions for when I post the workout updates.

Things About Me

I'm 26; I'm a powerlifter, and I am busy as **** all the time. I go to school full-time, intern ~10 hours a week, and work nights in warehousing. I own my own home gym, and I currently train 4-5x each week using the Project Collosus program from John Meadows. I currently weigh ~178 with PRs of 446/275/475, but I'm not convinced I could hit those numbers today.

I eat sporadically. I'm rarely home right now, typically leaving around 8 or 9AM and not returning until 1AM or so. I eat at work around 8PM, and sometimes get a chance to stop and grab something before work around 5PM. If I'm not too tired, I try to eat real food after work at 1AM, but sometimes I don't eat at all, and other times I just eat something like Ramen and go to bed.

Training

I train fasted at 0630 about 50% of the time, and I generally hope for 4 or 5 hours of sleep during the week, if I'm lucky. My current training split is:

Sunday - Legs
Monday - Chest/Shoulder/Tri
Tuesday - Off
Wednesday - Back/Bi
Thursday - Chest/Shoulder/Tri 2
Friday - Back/Bi 2

That doesn't always happen, though. Sometimes, I am so exhausted by Wednesday that 0600 just isn't happening. In those situations, I try to simply push everything back a day. Additionally, sometimes school commitments can muck up all of my plans.

So, for obvious reasons, I am typically in need of a decent preworkout to keep me rolling as the week drags on. My hope is that White Warped can be that product, but we will see.

I've used a handful of CL products before, including White Flood, Purple Wraath, Green Mag, Orange Triad, White Pipes, and a handful of others. I have been generally pleased with theses products in the past, so hopefully that trend will continue.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final Review!

Alright folks, so here are the goods. I'm not going to give a numeric rating for any category, but I'm just going to note what I noticed for each through prolonged use.

Mixability: I just mixed 1 full scoop with a half glass of cold water. No shaker. No blender. Just a glass and a chopstick or spoon. The product mixed fine. No lumps, no noticeable grit. This mixed about as good as any product in its category; additionally, this product didn't clump inside the tub from humidity like many other products do here in Houston. That was a nice change.

Taste: Eh, the taste was OK. It wasn't great, but it was plenty tolerable for me. The aftertaste was chalky, but the initial taste was fine. It didn't linger like some do, and it wasn't painful to drink, but it wasn't a delight either.

Energy: Energy pick-me-up was good. Again, this isn't the original Jack3d or anything, so don't expect that major stim rush, but it was a noticeable effect, and was pretty close to perfect for me. It lasted through the workout, and typically for an hour or two into my shift after training. No wild crash. I was very pleased with the product in this regard. No jitters, nausea or heart fluttering from excessive stimulants even though I take it on an empty stomach.

Pump: The combination of the citrulline and the agmatine worked pretty well for me. Pumps aren't usually great because I train fasted, but I had great pumps throughout the use of White Warped. Vascularity was even good, especially for how fat I am right now. Again, I was very pleased with the effects in this regard. Part of it may have been from better mind:muscle connection associated with better focus, but that is awfully hard to quantify!

Endurance: I was also satisfied with this aspect. I was regularly able to do repeated efforts after failure sets with relatively short rest periods. That is not typical for me, so I feel relatively comfortable saying it was something that White Warped has a hand in. My usual training volume is pretty low, so I was already doing higher volume work that I am not conditioned for to start with. Good effect here for sure.

Strength: Eh, weights consistently improved, but I have a hard time assigning that to a preworkout. The stimulants may have helped, but I can't guarantee that it wasn't something that would've happened anyway. Still, the weights consistently improved even towards the end of training sessions, so take for that what you will.

Other: So, I mentioned this a couple of times, but most preworkouts mess my stomach up pretty bad. Hell, even coffee does! While I did have that effect a handful of times, it was much less pronounced than with other similar products. Usually, I blow the toilet up immediately after ingesting a preworkout, but I didn't have that happen with Warped, so that was nice.

Would I recommend it? Yeah, without question. I actually bought myself a tub immediately after finishing, and it may be my preworkout of choice going forward. I may try stacking it with the non-stim preworkout too, just to see how much the pumps can improve, but I'm more than pleased with the product as is.

Last edited:
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sunday

Day 1 was Legs to kick things off. I trained fasted right around 1PM, and the whole session was about 90 minutes start to finish.

Glute Ham Raise*: +35# x 8 -- +25# x 10 partials (from bottom) -- BW x 30 sec iso-hold @ 45 deg.

SSB Squat: 295 x 7, 6

Leg Press (Quad Dom.): 4.5pps x 10, 10

Bulgarian Death Set**: BW x 90 sec

Banded BB SLDL***: 185 + short reds x 8, 8

*this is one long set. Controlled, full reps to failure, followed immediately by controlled partials from the bottom, then the iso-hold.

**Bulgarian split squats done with a 3 second descent, 3 second pause halfway up, and no full lockout. I had to do these with assistance with my hands holding the barbell in the rack.

***3 second descent, 1 second pause at the stretch position.

Product Notes

This was the first use. Each day I'll comment on energy, pump, endurance, strength, and anything else that I note during the session. I will update about taste and such less frequently.

Drinkability: I took one scoop and simply stirred it into a half glass of water with a chopstick. It mixed fine. There was some foam at first, it dissipated quickly. There was also some granularity at the bottom, but simply swirling the glass about halfway through solved that problem. Taste was just OK. The smell was appealing, and the initial sip was good, but there was an odd aftertaste that I couldn't quite place. Nothing to out of line for a typical preworkout product, in my experience.

Energy: the product provided a good pick-me-up. I wasn't super motivated to get it done on Sunday, but White Warped kept me going with enough oomph to move through all of these exercises relatively quickly. I went to work immediately after training, and didn't have any noticeable crash. It seemed to last for quite some time after training.

Strength: Strength was good throughout this one. The squats were heavier than I did all of last cycle. Hard to call that a preworkout effect, but it is still worth noting.

Endurance: didn't seem to peter out throughout the session. Was able to relatively consistently match RPE 9/10 efforts when Meadows called for that.

Pump: the GHRs blew up my hams right out of the gate. I didn't notice much after that except for excruciating pain, so yeah.

Other: this product, like many other preworkout products, sent me running to the bathroom shortly after ingestion. It was a minor inconvenience, and it happens most times that I drink something containing caffeine.

Now I'm off to my internship and then school and work. Second update will come some time in the next day or so.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was my second workout with White Warped. This was Monday, April 1 at 0700 before heading to my internship. The total workout time was about 60 minutes or so.

Push 1

Slight Dec. DB Bench*: 85 x 8, 85 x 7 (drop 30%) 60 x 7
Low Inc. BB Bench: 125 x 12, 135 x 7
Machine Flat Press**: 110 x 8--4--3--2
Low Band Flyes: Reds x 10 x 2 (w/ iso-hold on last rep)
DB OHP: 45 x 8, 6
DB Laterals***: 30 x 10, 25 x 8, 20 x 8, 15 x 10
Band Pullaparts: Green x 25 x 2
Rope Pushdown: 50 x 10, 10
Lying DB Ext: 20 x 9, 15 x 10

*end of bench sitting on 25# plate, second set was an immediate drop set
**4 rest pause sets to failure
***drop set

Notes: Energy was excellent for this early morning workout. Pump was solid on the first two exercises, but seemed to fade away as the workout went on. Although, I got a great pump from the band flyes, which is abnormal. I don't usually get a great pump with pec exercises. Triceps were smoked before even getting to tricep exercises, but endurance was good outside of that. I was able to match sets decently well, even with short rest periods and high intensity.

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good initial feedback! In to see your thoughts over time.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subbed.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for tagging along fellas.

I've got 4 updates coming in the next 2 days. Had to skip one session last week, due to unforeseen circumstances. Planning to post at least 1 of the sessions and feedback after work tonight. The rest should be up Tuesday afternoon.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 1 wasn't great, but no fault of the product. I missed one of the training sessions. Wednesday just didn't happen, and then I had a brake issue come up with my car at work Wednesday evening that had to be taken care of Thursday morning, which meant I didn't get the chance to make up that session like I would usually like to do. This meant that I missed the first pull session of the week.

Friday, April 5 // Push 2

Low Inc. DB Bench: 65 x 12, 12, 8
DB Hex Press: 55 x 10, 9, 9
Stretch Push-ups: BW x 13, 11

a1. DB Lateral Partials: 25 x 20, 20
a2. Seated DB Press: 45 x 6, 6

D Handle Pushdown: 50 x 12, 12
DB Skullcrusher: 20 x 15, 12

Notes: all exercises done with ~60 seconds rest between sets. Pump was great during this session. Which is no surprise, since it is a pump workout. Energy was good again, but harder to judge because I am much more well rested on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Slept close to 12 hours before this workout. Tricep exercises were killers, and the pump and vascularity were both excellent. I'm not a particularly vascular fellow (read: fat), but my wife mentioned it during the workout.

Saturday, April 6 // Pull 2

Banded Chins: Red x 9, 7, 5
Supinated Pulldowns*: 120 x 10, 10
Hoist Machine Row: 145 x 10 x 3
Hypers: BW x 17, 16
Preacher Curl**: 55 x 8(+6) x 2
Reverse Curl***: 35 x 20 (+10) x 2

*done facing away from the machine, so no leg support
**done on high incline bench with EZ curl, failure set of 8 with 6 partials from the top after each set
***done with an EZ curl bar, failure set with 10 partials from the bottom after each set

Notes: Lats were blown up before I even attempted the pulldowns. The hoist row felt great for the lower lats, and the mind muscle connection was phenomenal. Another well rested session. Pump in the forearms was kind of inconvenient during the hoist rows, because the grips are fat and my grip was failing. The 2 bicep exercises brought a new meaning to pain. Again, the vascularity was very good all throughout my arms.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This week was mediocre. Had a lot of schoolwork come up (and am supposed to be working on a thesis paper right now, but I'm procrastinating). Additionally, my TCM went out on my car on Wednesday evening, so I missed another session due to car troubles, as I had to go get a rental Thursday morning before going to the internship. Bleh. Missed an additional workout, but not for any good reason; I was just being a huge bum on Friday.

Sunday, April 7 // Legs 1

GHR*: +40# x 8 +10 + BW iso-hold
Hi Bar Squats (oly shoes): 275 x 8, 8
Hack Squat (oly shoes)**: 300 x 8 -- 3 -- 280 x 7 -- 3
Belt Squat (oly shoes)***: 240 x 8 -- 190 x 7 -- 140 x 8 -- 90 x 9

*failure set of 8, followed by 10 partials from the bottom, followed by 30 second iso-hold at halfway up
**cluster rest pause set with ~10 seconds between each, had to drop weight because my legs were cooked
***1 continuous drop set

Notes: Pump was phenomenal with the GHRs, they blew my hams up. Not as good with the other exercises. They were damn hard, but didn't really blow my quads up the same way other exercises have in the past. Energy was good, and seemed to last a decent while after the workout, but I didn't have a ton of motivation. This one took longer than it should have, but that was me, not the product.

Monday, April 8 // Chest 1

Slight Dec. DB Bench: 85 x 8, 85 x 7 (drop 30%) 60 x 7 (drop 20%) 45 x 7
Low Inc. Bench: 155 x 6, 6
Banded Inc. Chest Press: 80 (+green) x 6, 5
Dips: BW x 9, 8
Pullaparts: Green x 30 x 2
DB Laterals: 35 x 8, 8
Rope Pushdown: 50 x 12, 60 x 12
Lying DB Ext w/ pause: 25 x 10, 8

Notes: Pump again was very good for the chest exercises. I really do need to stress how unusual that is for me. I've been at this a long time, and I've never had consistent pumps that were this good. Tricep endurance was better this week than last, and I was really able to hit those hard. The pullaparts blew my upper back and rear delts up. Also, I had some serious DOMS in the legs, and in the upper body after this one. The energy was lasting again, and kept me going through class for hours after this early morning workout. It is also worth noting that the pump was fasted, too.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like I mentioned above, I missed 2 workouts this week. Which is lame.

Saturday, 13 April // Pull 2

Banded Chins: Green x 10, 8, 6
Chest Pulls*: 60 x 12, 70 x 12
Hoist Machine Row: 150 x 8 x 3
Banded Hypers: Green x 10 x 2
Pinwheel Curls: 35 x 15, 30 x 12
EZ Curl**: 65 x 8 x 2
V-ups: BW x 12, 10, 8, 9

*rope facepulls, but to the chest
**done with a 4 second negative

Notes: Pump was good, maybe too good. Again the forearm pump was painful, and made it difficult to hold on to the handles for the machine row. Got a big stretch on those, though, and the pump in the lower lat was very good. Mind muscle connection was good, and the rest periods were short. This workout was done late, and also fasted, which is unusual for a weekend workout, but wasn't detrimental. The energy was good and consistent, and the pump and vascularity with the bicep exercises was good.

Also, just a note on mixing and flavor to touch on what I mentioned in the first update:

The mixability of the product is very good. I have been mixing it in less water, and it has still mixed with no problems. I am not exaggerating when I say I literally just stir it up with a chopstick.

Also, the taste has been growing on me, but it still has a bit of a chalky aftertaste. The initial flavor is above average for this category of products (its no C4, but its drinkable), and the aftertaste isn't awful it just isn't great either.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workouts! Love when I get some pump in my lats! Makes me feel 2 times bigger.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That leg workout tho

Are you doing Mountain Dog, right? Some mean sessions. I am getting better pumps than I expected as well.

Sorry to hear about all the car troubles!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That leg workout tho

Are you doing Mountain Dog, right? Some mean sessions. I am getting better pumps than I expected as well.

Sorry to hear about all the car troubles!
The leg days are brutal, man.

I'm using Meadows' Project Collosus program. It is his low volume training lol.

It's been crazy, man. Just got the damn thing back from the dealership yesterday before work. Another day wasted.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey folks, just tossing an admin update for this log. I have not forgotten about it, and intend to continue weighing in on the product until it is gone.

However, I have multiple term papers due this week and have been working feverishly on those for the past week and a half. The last paper is due Friday, so I will be back to normal after then.

As it stands today, I have not found the time to train (or sleep!) since my last update, but I have not abandoned this commitment!

Last edited:
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Handle your business homie, no sweat - I know you will train when you can.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trained yesterday, but it wasn't a great session. Will update tonight, as I have 2 back-to-back finals today that I'm studying for ATM.

Chest day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that one.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Kill your finals Jim. Maybe take a little Warped with you

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So, finals are done, and school has finally wound down. I have 2 more papers to finish before Thursday, but nothing too difficult.

As I said before, my Sunday workout was no good. It was probably a combination of factors, namely the 2 week break, lack of sleep, and increased stress.

Sunday's Leg day looked like this:

GHR: +25 x 8 x 2 w/ 3 second descent
TPB Squat: 275 x 8 x 2

I did the squats almost Israetel style, and they fucked me up. I ended up spending the next 10 minutes dry heaving in the back yard before having to leave for work.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then was Tuesday's chest day, which was another short day because I ran out of time before work.

I seem to have really lost my wind over the past few weeks.

Dec. DB Bench: 85 x 8 x 2
Incline Bench: 135 x 8 x 2
Band Crossover: Reds x 15 x 2
Dips: BW x 6, 7
Pullaparts: red x 40 x 2

Strength was pretty good, all things considered. Pump was good, but just was sucking wind.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thursday was Back day. This one was short one exercise, for time constraints, but I wasn't sucking as much wind here.

Low Cable Row: 190 x 8 (drop) 150 x 11
DB RDL (sub for rack pulls): 90 x 10
Straight Arm Pull down: 50 x 12, 11
DB Row (sub for Meadows): 85 x 12, 100 x 8
Supinated pull down: 100 x 12, 110 x 10
Hang: BW x 70 sec
EZ curl: 65 x 15 x 3

Strength was really good here. It was a bit surprising! Pump in the lats was very good, but biceps were meh. Forearm pump was no fun, and vascularity wasn't bad, all things considered.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice back day. Always love when I get a good lat pump going. You feel twice as big:)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gotta walk through doors sideways
Or so you think you have to:) Big Pump equates to big head as well:) or at least with me it does.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, some people might, but not me! At this rate, walking through sideways is the way I'm most likely to get stuck. :fat:

Anyway, Sunday's Leg day got pushed to Monday and it was brutal.

GHR (3 second descent): +25 x 8, +25 x 8 + 10 partials from the bottom

Leg Press (3 sec. descent): 4pps x 10 x 2
SSB Squat (sub for trap bar deadlift) : 245 x 8 x 2
Band Single Leg Ext*: Green x 56

*done in sets of 8, alternating legs without rest.

Quads were jelly, but the hams were fine. Got a nasty pump on the leg presses, too.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pulled an all-nighter after work last night to wrap up the last of the semester's schoolwork. Today was just a light upper body day to stay active, and not be too fat.

Just some light pump work wirh dumbbells, bands, and calisthenics. I took half a scoop, mostly because I'm trying not to overdose on caffeine before work, but the pump was still good.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pulled an all-nighter after work last night to wrap up the last of the semester's schoolwork. Today was just a light upper body day to stay active, and not be too fat.

Just some light pump work wirh dumbbells, bands, and calisthenics. I took half a scoop, mostly because I'm trying not to overdose on caffeine before work, but the pump was still good.
Dang if i do an all nighter anymore I can't do anything physical the next day cause i'd be so tired.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m amazed you can pull an all nighter with and not go full scoop!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’m amazed you can pull an all nighter with and not go full scoop!
It isn't that uncommon for me anymore. This time, I think I was up like 40 hours straight lol.

Last edited:
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just finished legs, and it was gross.

Sumo Leg Press*: 2.5pps x 8 x 2
Quad Leg Press**: 5pps x 10 x 2
SSB Squat: 265 x 8 x 2
Band Good Morning: Grey x 40

*3 sec. descent, subbed for GHR this week
**3 sec. descent, close stance

Got a wild pump on the good mornings and the close stance leg press. The squats were damn near ME. Was supposed to do high rep lunges, but had to cut it short for time. Heading to work now, and the jelly legs will make that tough.

Heavier weights on all duplicate exercises over last week, too.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout. Glad to see the weight increase!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good workouts this week.

Tuesday: Chest

Low Inc. DB Bench: 70 x 10, 70 x 10 (drop) 50 x 6
Flat BB Bench: 155 x 15, 175 x 8
Pronated Inc. Fly: 30 x 12 x 2
Dec. Fly: 35 x 9 (drop) 30 x 4

Spider Crawls: short reds x 2 sets
BTN Press: 95 x 6, 4
Pullover Press: 60 x 8, 55 x 9
Seated OH Cable Ext.: 20 x 10, 8

Notes: shoulders and triceps were done. Chest pump was ridiculous, and I was damn sore the next day.

Thursday: Back

Seated Cable Row (sub for Smith Row): 200 x 8 (drop) 180 x 6 (drop) 160 x 8

DB Pullover: 60 x 12 x 2
DB Row (sub for 1arm BB row): 85 x 8 x 2
Supinated Pulldowns: 110 x 8 x 3
NG Hang: BW x 90 sec
GHD Sit-up: BW x 10, 8, 7, 7
EZ Reverse Curl: 55 x 15 x 2
Concentration Curl: 25 x 9 x 2

Notes: back pump was ridiculous, biceps were meh again, but they were sore yesterday so ...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday was just a pump session for chest

Incline Machine Press: 110 x 8 x 2
Hex Press: 60 x 8, 8, 5
Pronated Flyes: 30 x 12, 12
Spider Crawls: short red x 2
Pullaparts: doubled red x 25, single red x 25
Rope Push down: 50 x 10, 10
DB rolling ext: 15 x 15, 15

Notes: short rest periods to keep the blood flowing. The chest pump was very good, and the Pullaparts were brutally painful. Triceps got a deep stretch and are sore today.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Workouts are looking good!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is Warped still treating you pretty well? Do you feel it’s helping your workouts?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sunday was another good leg day.

GHR*: +30 x 8, 8 + 10 partials + 30 sec stretch
Leg Press**: 5.5pps x 10 x 2
SSB Squat: 270 x 8 x 2
Reverse Lunges: 1 chain x 14

Then Monday Chest day. This one got cut short because of work.

Low Inc. DB Bench: 75 x 8, 75 x 8 (drop) 55 x 8 (drop) 40 x 6
BB Bench: 165 x 8 x 2
Dips: BW x 7, 7
Dec. Flyes: 30 x 13
Rear Delt Swings: 20 x 20, (Destroyer Set) 40 x 60, 25 x 30, 15 x 10
DB Lateral: 25 x 15 x 2

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is Warped still treating you pretty well? Do you feel it’s helping your workouts?
Yeah, I'll just put some quick notes here.

Energy has been good with 1 scoop. It lasts throughout the workout, and usually carries me through the first couple of hours of my shift after.

Pumps have been good. Much better than I expected. This has been especially true for chest and back sessions.

Focus has been about as good as I could expect from a pre. Sometimes I'm just being lazy during the sessions, but there isn't anything a pre could do to fix that lol.

Strength has been steadily increasing. As you know, it's hard to call this a product of the warped, but is worth mentioning nonetheless.

Endurance has really been where this seems to shine for me. This is high volume training compared to what I'm used to, and I have been doing a good job of continuing to hit repeated efforts since using warped.

I'm running low on product now, probably have about this week left, but I'm satisfied enough with the product that I'm ordering some more this week.

The big thing for me is that there isn't any GI distress after ingestion. Most preworkouts send me running to the shitter, so I really appreciate that this one is effective for me without blowing up my bathroom before each workout.

Taste is good, but not great. It's not a struggle to get down or find the motivation to drink, like some in this category are.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got the project colossus template myself, looks like a fun ride

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been MIA for a couple of days. My mom had surgery on Wednesday, so I spent most of the week in and out of the hospital. She's home now, and things are normal again.

I hit a disgusting upper workout a few hours ago with what looked like my last full scoop.

I intend to post it up in the morning when I wake up, and I'll post a proper review in the next day or two.

I also have another tub on the way, and because I am dissatisfied with this log, I intend to continue it properly with the new tub, and update the "final" review accordingly if necessary.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dang Jim, no worries! Hope your momma is feeling better. Family is the #1 priority. Thank you for your feedback on this.

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope mama bear gets a full recover brother

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang Jim, no worries! Hope your momma is feeling better. Family is the #1 priority. Thank you for your feedback on this.
Hope mama bear gets a full recover brother
Thanks fellas. It was a follow-up procedure from her hospitalization in January. Compared to that, it was just a "routine" procedure (well, as routine as brain surgery can be I guess). She's back home and recovering now, but she isn't particularly happy about the size and location of the incision.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, by morning I apparently meant night .

I overslept today, and had to be in to work early because of the holiday weekend. I had time for a workout (and did have enough to manage another full scoop), but not time to post before leaving.

So, anyway....

Monday, Chest

DB Bench: 80 x 9, 9, 8
Low Incline Bench: 165 x 3

a1. Hex Press: 45 x 15 x 2
a2. Stretcher Pushup: BW x 7, 5

Rope Facepull: 60 x 12 x 3
Seated DB OHP: 45 x 6, 50 x 6
DB Laterals: 30 x 10 (drop) 25 x 8 (drop) 20 x 6

Skullcrusher Pushup: BW x 5, 7, 7

Notes: just riffing now. Keeping some intensity techniques from Collosus and combining them with Conjugate type movement rotation as a stopgap program. Good pump on the DB Bench as a pre-exhaust type movement before Incline. Those felt weak, though.

The superset was solid. Good contraction with the hex press followed by the deep stretch of the pushups. Should've gone heavier on shoulder press, but the mind:muscle connection was solid. Triceps were smoked, so I really just tried to focus on the stretch and force blood in there.

This was a solid effort, but my pace could have been better at the beginning. Energy was good, especially for the later session. The pump really was very good, though.

Last edited:
jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today before work...

Tuesday, Back

WG Cable Row: 160 x 10, 150 x 10 x 2
Spiral Grip Pullups: +25 x 3
Lawnmower Row: 90 x 8, 8
Triangle Pulldowns w/ forced stretch: 120 x 15, 13
Rear Delt Row: 25 x 12, 12
DB Hammer Curl: 35 x 9, 8
Cable Fatbar Curl: 40 x 21s (7 full, 7 top, 7 bottom)

Notes: grip was a real problem today. The forearms got pumped fast, and it was all downhill from there. Used straps for the second set of pulldowns to better focus on the lats.

Pump was good again. Vascularity throughout the arms was good for me as well. Mind:muscle connection was very good on the lats, which I have had trouble with in the past. The scoop still had a good pick-me-up and was noticeable for the first hour or two at work.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Best way to end an arm workout is with 21s! Plus when you have a good product to give you a little extra pump, the 21's will really get your arms feeling full.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Howdy folks. Got the last update for the original tub coming up after work tonight. The workout was Tuesday, but I've been a little busy and haven't logged it in.

I have a draft of my final review typed up, and I intend to post it tonight.