jim wendlers site hacked?

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
i just tryed to go to his site to see if he had any updates and i got a screen full of a palm tree and a hackers name.......hope the site makes it back up soon

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Downloaded a sample of his book. It does look interesting but I've seen the same type of training before. Looks like its geared more towards strength trainers/powerlifters.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Downloaded a sample of his book. It does look interesting but I've seen the same type of training before. Looks like its geared more towards strength trainers/powerlifters.
Bingo. Wendler trained at Westside and was a 1000lb squatter before the equipment got excessive. Then he got un-fat and more jacked by doing hill sprints and prowler pushes and wrote a program that helps people be more awesome. It's all laid out in Clint Darden's youtube exposee that I linked above.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know about his description of how to squat. It's a little much, should be made simpler. He over-complicates it. I don't think I'll purchase this book.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's free versions out if you search T-Bone. His descriptions of the movements may be complicated but the program in general is not. Yes his site was hacked. I think it's back up though.

Edit: I know it was hacked a few days ago then he posted something about doing work on it

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never read his explanation on the squat. My favorite for teaching movements is Kelly Starrett, second place goes to Brandon Lilly.

I heard Rippetoe had someone hack Wendler's site. Strength programming wars. "Mine's simpler! No, mine is!"

ITW

ITW

Awards
13,000 posts and a sns rep and hasn't heard of 5/3/1 or Jim wendler. Wut

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Never read his explanation on the squat. My favorite for teaching movements is Kelly Starrett, second place goes to Brandon Lilly. I heard Rippetoe had someone hack Wendler's site. Strength programming wars. "Mine's simpler! No, mine is!"
Eh. I just watched a video of them two together lol

napalm

napalm

Awards
I don't know about his description of how to squat. It's a little much, should be made simpler. He over-complicates it. I don't think I'll purchase this book.
Wendlers strength is he can take a complicated movement like the squat and break it down into a few sentences...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's free versions out if you search T-Bone. His descriptions of the movements may be complicated but the program in general is not.

Yes his site was hacked. I think it's back up though.

The sample I downloaded does have a general description of the program. I'm just not into Powerlifting or training for strength. I'm more of a general health/endurance type guy.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The sample I downloaded does have a general description of the program. I'm just not into Powerlifting or training for strength. I'm more of a general health/endurance type guy.
Fair enough.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
13,000 posts and a sns rep and hasn't heard of 5/3/1 or Jim wendler. Wut
So a rep has to follow every facet of the extremely diverse world of lifting? Do you know every one in crossfit, powerlifting, body building endurance training etc.? All depends on where your interests lie and what genre of the sport you're into. In other terms: You like rock and are really into it but have no clue about the rap or country scene but it's all music.

ITW

ITW

Awards
So a rep has to follow every facet of the extremely diverse world of lifting? Do you know every one in crossfit, powerlifting, body building endurance training etc.? All depends on where your interests lie and what genre of the sport you're into. In other terms: You like rock and are really into it but have no clue about the rap or country scene but it's all music.
Fair enough