Jim ConDenses Wendlers 5/3/1! *sponsored*

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol the way I do good mornings is extraordinarily similar to RDLs the only real difference is bar location and amount of weight :p
To me, those two things make all of the difference in the world. To reiterate my earlier point, it would be dumb to do 5 sets of deadlifts, then as my assistance work do deadlifts with bands. Same concept with the RDLs

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
To me, those two things make all of the difference in the world. To reiterate my earlier point, it would be dumb to do 5 sets of deadlifts, then as my assistance work do deadlifts with bands. Same concept with the RDLs
I guess that's a pretty good point. Ill start playing with some of the exercises you mentioned

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess that's a pretty good point. Ill start playing with some of the exercises you mentioned
Best of luck. Another thing you might try that helped me was doing those exercises on your squat day to keep you lower back from being too burned out in one day. Can't wait to see how it works out for you.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Best of luck. Another thing you might try that helped me was doing those exercises on your squat day to keep you lower back from being too burned out in one day. Can't wait to see how it works out for you.
I just got the ebook so I'm gonna try to download it on my phone to read in my free time.

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
About halfway through the squat workout. It isn't going well and I'm not looking forward to posting it on here. I'm really lethargic and its showing....

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
About halfway through the squat workout. It isn't going well and I'm not looking forward to posting it on here. I'm really lethargic and its showing....
Just go hit the treadmill.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Hm...how is your nutrition fairing Jimbo? Maybe some other week of deload and upping the fats might help...Usually when I get lethargic its because my fats are too low...but that's just me bro, maybe yours needs a little bit more of carbs?

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Hm...how is your nutrition fairing Jimbo? Maybe some other week of deload and upping the fats might help...Usually when I get lethargic its because my fats are too low...but that's just me bro, maybe yours needs a little bit more of carbs?
Its been better all this week than it had been for the previous two. I've also been working longer days, was recently prescribed celebrex (yesterday), and drank some chocolate milk today (I am slightly intolerant to chocolate)

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its been better all this week than it had been for the previous two. I've also been working longer days, was recently prescribed celebrex (yesterday), and drank some chocolate milk today (I am slightly intolerant to chocolate)

shoulde known better before leg day lol......hope all went well my friend, and dont tress oer it, just kill it next time!

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Well here's today's update :cry:

PT this morning from 0630-0745
.5 mile run to gym

Cindy:
5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats. 20 minutes AMRAP
(not sure how many I did)

4x10 AB roller SS with 4x20 crazy Ivan's w/ 10lb plate
Sit-ups 4x20 w/ 10pb plate

Push-up pyramid 3-8-1

.25 mile run to barracks for cooldown.

After work I ate a pb&j with the previously mentioned chocolate milk. 1 hour later I headed to the gym (feeling crappy)

Back Squat- Week 1 Cycle 2
215x5, 250x5(was hard??), 285x6

Leg Press 5x15
225x15, 275x15, 315x15 (vomited in my mouth, left afterwards feeling terrible)

Leg curl- 5x10
N/A

I just ate dinner and I don't feel any better afterwards. As of right now my caloric goal has not been met and I am short on carbs (significantly)

I'm not sure what's wrong with me as the last 3 workouts I've done have been crappy. I've been doing significantly less weight, requiring significantly more rest, and just feeling generally crappy. Hopefully, this will all sort itself out in the next day or so.....

Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, depending in how I feel I hope to set up a GPP circuit with my KBs and other equipment. PT tomorrow is pool PT, I'm not sure what that entails but ill find out tomorrow.

bcazo

bcazo

Awards
Well here's today's update :cry:

PT this morning from 0630-0745
.5 mile run to gym

Cindy:
5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats. 20 minutes AMRAP
(not sure how many I did)

4x10 AB roller SS with 4x20 crazy Ivan's w/ 10lb plate
Sit-ups 4x20 w/ 10pb plate

Push-up pyramid 3-8-1

.25 mile run to barracks for cooldown.

After work I ate a pb&j with the previously mentioned chocolate milk. 1 hour later I headed to the gym (feeling crappy)

Back Squat- Week 1 Cycle 2
215x5, 250x5(was hard??), 285x6

Leg Press 5x15
225x15, 275x15, 315x15 (vomited in my mouth, left afterwards feeling terrible)

Leg curl- 5x10
N/A

I just ate dinner and I don't feel any better afterwards. As of right now my caloric goal has not been met and I am short on carbs (significantly)

I'm not sure what's wrong with me as the last 3 workouts I've done have been crappy. I've been doing significantly less weight, requiring significantly more rest, and just feeling generally crappy. Hopefully, this will all sort itself out in the next day or so.....

Tomorrow is a scheduled rest day, depending in how I feel I hope to set up a GPP circuit with my KBs and other equipment. PT tomorrow is pool PT, I'm not sure what that entails but ill find out tomorrow.
sounds like a cold coming on. I felt the same way 2 weeks ago then got sick for 3 days.. Some R&R never hurts..

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Yea take a couple days off and increase your bcaa intake and vitamin C

Jim2542

Jim2542

Banned
Awards
Ill definitely increase the vitamin c intake. Pool PT went fairly well this morning. We got to sleep in so that was a good thing. I'm feeling OK right now and wasn't feeling very down this morning. I'm wondering if I'm just not eating enough to fully recover and have enough energy to go through the actual workout in the afternoon.