JDybya gets Brawny wth BPS! Brawn Log!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
A huge thank you to BPS and lukehayd for the opportunity to log Brawn! I've had good results from BPS's previous topical laxogenin product, Androcrine, in helping alleviate some tendon and joint injuries, both while cutting and bulking. I've never used an oral laxogenin supplement, but I'm hoping to experience similar increased recovery rates and injury rehabilitation.

Background: 35 year old male with two kids, beautiful wife, one crazy dog, and a stressful job.

Im coming off a relatively successful 12 week cut 205 to 185. Now I'm reverse dieting for at least a month and looking to rehab some shoulder/elbow tendinitis, while putting on a little bit of lean mass, before going into a more serious cut to get ready for autumn (climbing season)

Training
My passion is rock climbing and training is usually focused on getting stronger for that sport, while maintaining a lite weight, balancing muscle groups, and avoiding/rehabbing injuries.

Coming off of a pretty serious shoulder blow out last summer (climbing trip - major left rotator cuff tear and minor labrum tear). Took about 9 months off of climbing to focus on rehab and putting on some muscle to support my shoulder girdle - trying to avoid surgery. Was starting to finally feel like myself...climbing again...and now I've got a new tendinitis - lateral epicondyl in my other arm is acting up over the last week. So, I'm dropping heavy benching in favor of some higher rep db benching for the foreseeable future. And focusing on form and technique on other movements that may exacerbate the issue.

Monday: 6pm: climbing, bodyweight circuit training
Wednesday: 5am: deadlift, bent row, shoulder press, calf work, grip work
Thursday: 5am: shoulder/elbow rehab/prehab
Saturday: 5am: bench, pull-ups, bicep/tricep work, calf work, grip work
Sunday: 5am: shoulder/elbow rehab/prehab

Stats: 6' tall, 185 pounds, likely just about 12-15%-ish bf. More muscle and fat than I'm used to carrying - but focus has been recovery and not so much climbing performance (very weight dependent) or aesthetics, as of late

Current staple supps:
Now multi, C, cissus, fish oil, Evomuse Guthealth, OL Conqu3r preworkout, CL purple wraath intra workout, pes Ergonine post workout.

Diet:
Fairly strict - modified carb backloading approach. Lots of various veg, chicken, canned salmon, coconut oil, oatmeal/proats, etc.

Climbing & heavy lifting days: 2500 cals, 200 pro, 225 carb, 85 f
Rehab days: 2000 cal, 190 p, 150 c, 70 f
Rest days: 2000 cal, 200 p, 135 c, 80 f

BPS Brawn info: https://bpsnutrition.net/collections/supplements/products/brawn

As per BPS, I will be taking one dose pre workout, and the second approximately 12 hours later with dinner.

TLDR; logging weight, body comp, strength, joint and muscle recovery while taking 200mg laxogenin daily (BPS Brawn), and slightly and incrementally increasing calories.

IMG_7195.JPG

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
First dose taken with dinner. Based on BPS's flexibility on loggers dosing, I'm going to jump right into 200mg/day. Had better results with td laxogenin at higher doses, and don't intend on messing around here. Ready to purchase a second bottle to run for 8 weeks at 2/day, if results start becoming evident.

...rest day tomorrow...I hate rest days....

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First dose taken with dinner. Based on BPS's flexibility on loggers dosing, I'm going to jump right into 200mg/day. Had better results with td laxogenin at higher doses, and don't intend on messing around here. Ready to purchase a second bottle to run for 8 weeks at 2/day, if results start becoming evident.

...rest day tomorrow...I hate rest days....
Well, the intro sale ends this weekend so don't miss out. ;)

Oh, btw, I'm subbed like Jarred Fogel in a middle school...... :eek:

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Well, the intro sale ends this weekend so don't miss out. ;)

Oh, btw, I'm subbed like Jarred Fogel in a middle school...... :eek:
Thanks for the heads up!

Day .5 done. 1 Brawn with dinner.

Final count for the day 2000 cal.

IMG_7198.JPG

Really looking forward to starting to creep calories back up next week!

Slept about the same as I have been lately - woke up at 5, even though it's an off day for me...just couldn't sleep that extra 1.5 hours I wanted to.

Question BPS lukehayd : rest day, today. First meal around 1pm. Would it be more beneficial to take my first Brawn while fasted around 8am (12 hours before dinner)? Or should I wait to take it with protein at breakfast/lunch @1pm?

Oooooor.......am i just over thinking?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could try it fasted but it may cause stomach issues with an empty stomach and it may not. I don't think it should make any difference with absorbsion though.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
You could try it fasted but it may cause stomach issues with an empty stomach and it may not. I don't think it should make any difference with absorbsion though.
Thanks. Did a little reading and found that some believe laxogenin to be better absorbed with coingestion of a fat source. So for today, took it with my 1:00 yogurt/whey/mct/ergonine shake.

Will be taking first dose tomorrow morning, fasted pre workout and will note any stomach discomfort.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
4/22/17
Up early before kids and wife could take away from my training time...

5:00 am: Brawn with usual preworkout

5:30 training: focus on form, shoulder position, slowing eccentric speed

-Shoulder intensive warmup

-DB bench /superset/ pull-ups
-db bench: 10x12, 20x10, 25x8, 30x6, 35x4, 40x15, 15, 15
-Pull-ups x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

-DB curls / superset / tricep pushdowns
-curls: 30x11, 11, 10
-triceps band push downs: 60x15, 15, 15

-standing calf raises x 23, 23, 23, 23
-COC Grippers: Trainer x 4, #1x3, #1.5x10, 10, 10, #1x13, Trainer x 25

Neck bridge x 15, Back bridge x 30

DB bench is a new one for me. Moving away from heavy barbell bench while I get my shoulders healthy. Trying to go slow with increasing intensity and volume. Very frustrating.

5pm: Brawn with dinner - BBQ chicken pizza, followed by salted caramel frozen yogurt....

Nutrition for the day was a bit off, as I was out with the kiddos all day, trying to make up for the fact that I'll be out of town next week. All in all, came to: 2700 kcal, 180p, 270 carb, 100 f.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it was Studhorse or hairygrandpa that got me turned on to the hex press instead of the bench press. I'm amazed at how much more it pumps my pec up. Even my wife noticed the difference. Lol!

Gotta spend that time with the family!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
I think it was Studhorse or hairygrandpa that got me turned on to the hex press instead of the bench press. I'm amazed at how much more it pumps my pec up. Even my wife noticed the difference. Lol!

That's new to me! Looks like fun! Never trained that before, I'll see what I can do about incorporating. Sound like it might take some pressure of the anterior tendons in the shoulder too!

My pressing is mostly focused on trying to balance out all the pulling that goes along with rock climbing. But I definitely notice more of a chest pump with the db press over the barbell - although I always did much lower rep work on the barbell.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's new to me! Looks like fun! Never trained that before, I'll see what I can do about incorporating. Sound like it might take some pressure of the anterior tendons in the shoulder too!

My pressing is mostly focused on trying to balance out all the pulling that goes along with rock climbing. But I definitely notice more of a chest pump with the db press over the barbell - although I always did much lower rep work on the barbell.
It does indeed take pressure off the shoulder. Use a lighter weight to start with to just get the motion down. I like to start with the 40s and do 15 reps and then work up to the 65s by 5s for 10 each set and the 65s are amrap. Chest is popping by the end.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Weight up from 184.5 to 186. Usually don't gain anything after my moderate Saturday refeed. Interesting? Will continue to monitor.

6:00am: Brawn w/preworkout
6:30 Training - P.T. / Climbing Finger Strength

Rotator cuff pt - slow controlled w/ focus on eccentric contraction

External Shoulder Rotations: 5 x 16, 16, 16
Internal Rotations: 20 x 16, 16, 16

Finger Board Deadhangs
IMG_7202.JPG

Jug: 7 seconds on w/ 3 sec rest x 5
Large edge: 7x5
Medium Edge - wide grip: 7x5
Medium edge - narrow grip: 7x5
Small edge: 7x5
Sloper: 7x5

30* Front shoulder raise / superset / lateral raises: 10x 16, 16, 16 / 10 x 16, 16, 16

Front raise / superset / standing straight arm downward extensions with band: 10 x 16, 16, 16 / 15 x 16, 16, 16

Standing vertical 90* extensions / superset / laying extended shoulder db Rotations: 10 x 16, 16, 16 / 30 x 20, 20, 20

Occlusion BFR Training
Reverse wrist curls - 10 x 25, 25, 25
Wrist Curls - 20 x 21, 21, 21
Sledge Pronation/Supination - 5 x 16, 16, 16
Standing wrist curls/reverse curls - to exhaustion

Stretch/yoga

NOTES:
Even being heavier than I have been the last couple weeks, my finger hangs felt strong. Usually a pound or two is felt pretty quick when your hanging off half a finger pad - but everything felt great this morning.

Diet: 2000 cal, 190 p, 150 c, 70f

Had to get creative to fit in some this bad boy.... El Guopo, from Lake Effect Ice Cream

IMG_7203.JPG

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
No (though I do love fried ice cream). Just rolled in a cinnamon sugar crumble with cinnamon chocolate sauce and honey drizzle

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

It was HGP that turned me onto them. They are easy on my bad shoulder

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
4/24/17

183 pounds this morning? Lots of water weight fluctuation? While macros have been as planned, sources have been more varied than usual, due to eating out with the kids. Either way, down a couple pounds for the last week of my cut - 205 to 183 - and lifts felt great this morning. First day of a deload - real test will be when I peak at the end of the log...looking for those pr 's!

This week will be tough do to travel for work, but I've got a gym scoped out and it's a deload week to boot. Upping calories about 100-200 per day depending on training (and availability of delicious food. )

5:00am: Brawn with preworkout
5:30 Training - back and grip! My favorite!

Deadlift: 60x5, 115x4, 175x3, 230x2, 260x1, 290x3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Thick bar bent row / superset / Arnold Press
-Row: 50x10, 70x8, 95x6, 120x10, 10, 10
-Press: 10x10, 20x8, 25x6, 30x12, 12, 12

-Single leg calf raises x 7, 7, 7, 7
-Seated calf raises x 20, 20, 20

-COC Grippers: Trainer x4, #1x3, #1.5x2, #2x almost 1 rep with left hand (about 95%), 1 rep with hold on right hand, #1x9, Trainer x21

Shoulder Bridge x 15, Back Bridge x 30

NOTES: deload week - about 75% volume - so felt easy, as it should. But a couple things felt easier than usual. For example, very rare for me to close the #2 Gripper, but was able to close somewhat easily with my right hand, and was super close with my left.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Calories a little higher yesterday due to amazing Mexican food and a couple margaritas....still managed to keep it about where I wanted.

IMG_7209.JPG

Time change from NY to Cali has me all messed up too...terrible sleep, but still managed to get up early and do some HIIT and yoga. No weigh in today as I'm away from my home scale.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
4/26/17

Calories yesterday were on point @ 2000kcal. Some good fish tacos for lunch and an awesome octopus dish for dinner at a nice Greek spot. Loving San Diego!

Woke up looking about the same. Still not home for consistent scale use. Will be interested to see what weight is like when I get home from this trip.

5:00am Brawn with preworkout
5:30 Training - deload circuit training. Usually my climbing specific training day, but without access to my climbing gym, I had to make due.

Circuit of - DB single arm row: 50x15, 15, 15, 15/push ups x 16, 16, 16, 16/ leg raises x 20, 20, 20, 20
- no rest between exercises, 60 sec rest between circuits
Rev Wrist curl: 20x12, 12, 12, 12
Wrist curl: 30x11, 11, 11, 11

Yoga / Stretch

NOTES: hate not being at my home gym, and sleep has been terrible, but energy was still high and I managed to get a good pump and a good sweat going.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Another great night of eating in San Diego...staying on point with macros and calories.

Bencotto in Little Italy, San Diego -
Fried Zucchini blossoms
IMG_7231.JPG

Local cheese board with some house made preserves
IMG_7232.JPG

Squid ink potato gnocchi with lobster sauce and shrimp
IMG_7234.JPG

Food has been amazing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to getting back to my normal daily diet...and my home gym...

4/27/17
5:00am Brawn with preworkout
5:30: Training - PT/rehab/prehab for shoulders and elbows

External Shoulder Rotations: 5 x 15, 15, 15
Internal Rotations: 10x 15, 15, 15

30* Front shoulder raise / superset / lateral raises: 10x 15, 15, 15 / 10 x 15, 15, 15

Front raise / superset / prone rear extensions: 10 x 15, 15, 165/ 10 x 15, 15, 15

Prone 90* extensions / superset / laying extended shoulder db Rotations: 10 x 15, 15, 15 / 30 x 20, 20, 20

NOTES: still deloading. Emphasis on eccentric time and contraction. Joints are feeling better than they were a week ago....keeping an eye on them and will be very interested to see how they feel at the end of this training block, when over reaching again.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Last night in San Diego - fish tacos rounded out my macros and calories to maintenance.

IMG_7240.JPG

Rest day and travel back to sunny buffalo today. Maybe some light cardio through Ohare Airport depending on how late this flight gets in....

Tomorrow, back to the grind. Can't wait to be in my own gym and have my own kitchen.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Sleep was solid, being in my own bed, but internal clock was just starting to adjust to west coast time.

Scale weight up to 186. Not surprised, given all the travel, stress, and tacos!

Regardless, training went well this morning. Joints definitely feel better than they did a week ago. Still deloading, but will start to creep intensity and volume up next week.

DB bench /superset/ pull-ups
-db bench: 10x12, 20x10, 25x8, 30x6, 35x4, 40x13, 13, 13, 50x10
-Pull-ups x 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

-curls: 30x8, 8, 8
-triceps band push downs: 60x13, 13, 13

-standing calf raises x 17, 17, 17, 17
-COC Grippers: Trainer x 4, #1x3, #1.5x8, 8, 8, #1x11, Trainer x 23

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just got back home yesterday myself. Definitely good to be back with my wife and daughter and be able to sleep in my own bed!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, wife and kids too. I said that, right?

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Diet last night was a bit of a refeed, out with the family. Still woke up at 183! Water retention and flushing is all outa wack. We'll see what this week looks like, back to normal diet and training.

External Shoulder Rotations: 5 x 23, 23, 23
Internal Rotations: 10 x 23, 23, 23

Finger Board Deadhangs
Jug: 5 seconds on w/ 3 sec rest x 5
Large edge: 5x5
Medium Edge - wide grip: 5x5
Medium edge - narrow grip: 5x5
Small edge: 4x5
Sloper: 5x5

/ superset /prone shoulder extension pt - I's,T's, Y's, and W's: 5 x 15 each x 3 sets

Band Face Pulls / superset / laying extended shoulder db Rotations: 15 x 11, 11, 11 / 30 x 16, 16, 16

Occlusion BFR Training
Reverse wrist curls - 10 x 23, 23, 23
Wrist Curls - 20 x 19, 19, 19
Sledge Pronation/Supination - 5 x 14, 14, 14

Stretch/yoga

NOTES: great session, great energy, amazing pumps. Felt lite and fast.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Diet:
Calories have been up on average 200/day, plus one monster cheat meal, and weight isn't moving. I had dropped down to 183, but think it was from totally off day of flying, travel, dehydration, etc. Otherwise, I've been steady at 186, despite more and more delicious food!

Training:
Last night was my climbing specific training day. Bouldering at the local rock gym, working my way up from easy (v0) climbs to hard-for me (v5) climbs. About 1.5 hours of climbing.

-hanging leg raises x 10, 10, 10, 10
/superset/
-push-ups x 17, 17, 17, 17

Reverse wrist curls: 15 x 20, 20, 20, 20
Wrist curls: 20 x 20, 20, 20, 20
Hammer pronation/supination: 7.5 x 15, 15, 15, 15

Yoga x 30 min.

IMG_6048.JPG

NOTES : the shoulder and elbow pain I had at the beginning of the log is almost completely gone. I feel it a little bit, on a rare occasion, during the day. But waaaaaayyyyyyy better.

One climb put my other (previously torn) shoulder in an awkward position. Felt it for a minute after coming down, but today (knock on wood) it feels fine.

Strength and endurance are about where they should be. Real test will be at the end of this training block, which coincides with the end of the bottle.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad your pain is gone. I get tremendous horrid elbow tendinitis that flares up every time I do arms.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Glad your pain is gone. I get tremendous horrid elbow tendinitis that flares up every time I do arms.
Thanks! Tendon issues are such a beeeatch. It's Almost gone. Def feels as though Brawn is helping to relieve it faster than my usual course of pt and a generally anti inflammatory diet. Time will tell.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
5:30 Training - back and grip!

Deadlift: 60x5, 115x4, 175x3, 230x2, 260x1, 290x4, 4, 4, 4

-Row: 50x10, 70x8, 95x6, 120x11, 11, 11
-Press: 10x10, 20x8, 25x6, 30x13, 13, 13

-Single leg calf raises x 8, 8, 8, 8
-Seated calf raises x 30, 30, 30, 30

-COC Grippers: Trainer x4, #1x3, #1.5x2, #2x 90% left/95%right, 90% left/95%righ, #1x10, Trainer x22

NOTES: hit numbers I was supposed to. Nothing too surprising or out of the ordinary.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Just realized that my grip strength may still be recovering from some - out of the ordinary - feats of strength - at the climbing gym on Monday. After climbing for an hour and a half, I was training with some guys and thought it would be a good idea to do some crushing grip and static pinch contests.....

Either way, I hit my numbers this morning. But I think I would have been stronger on the COC #2 (closing with both hands, for two reps), if not for the D measuring contest on Monday night. Lol. We'll see what happens over the next two weeks on the grippers...

Also, as I write this, several hours after workout, I'm definitely more pumped than usual. Feeling big and strong (for me anyway)!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
5:00am: Brawn w/preworkout
5:30 Training - P.T. / Climbing Finger Strength

External Shoulder Rotations: 5 x 27, 27, 27
Internal Rotations: 10 x 27, 27, 27

Finger Board Deadhangs
Jug: 5 sets of 6 seconds on w/ 3 sec rest between hangs
Large edge: 5x6
Medium Edge - wide grip: 5x6
Medium edge - narrow grip: 5x6
Small edge: 5x5
Sloper: 5x6

/ superset /prone shoulder extension pt - I's,T's, Y's, and W's: 5 x 15 each x 3 sets

Band Face Pulls / superset / laying extended shoulder db Rotations: 15 x 13, 13, 13 / 30 x 13, 13, 13

Forearm Strength Work
Reverse wrist curls - 20 x 13, 13, 13
Wrist Curls - 30 x 13, 13, 13
Sledge Pronation/Supination - 7.5 x 12, 12, 12

Stretch/yoga

NOTES:
PT stuff felt good. Nagging joints aren't bugging me too much. Feeling good pump, strength and endurance.

Life is good! Exhibit A:
IMG_5881.JPG

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Rest day.

Hovering at 186. But usual belt hole is feeling a bit loose today. Haven't measured waist circumference this week, but will be sure to compare before and after.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Diet on point. Weight steady. Wife said I was looking lean...but I think their were likely other motives...

6:00 Braun w/preworkout
6:30 Training:

-db bench: 10x10, 20x8, 30x6, 40x8, 50x12, 12, 12
-Pull-ups x 7, 7, 7, 7

-curls: 30x9, 9, 9
-triceps band push downs: 60x14, 14, 14

-standing calf raises x 21, 21, 21, 21
-seated calf raise x 30, 30, 30, 30
-COC Grippers: Trainer x 4, #1x3, #1.5x9, 9, 9, #1x12, Trainer x 24

NOTES:
Feeling good. Great pumps. Hitting the numbers I'm supposed to

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Last night was climbing day. Bouldering problems (5 to 20 hard moves, , on 15 to 45* overhanging walls) from easy (v0) climbs to hard-for me (v5) climbs. About 1.5 hours of climbing.

-hanging leg raises x 11, 11, 11, 11
/superset/
-push-ups x 18, 18, 18, 18

Reverse wrist curls: 20 x 10, 8, 6
Wrist curls: 35 x 20, 20, 20
Hammer pronation/supination: 7.5 x 15, 15, 15, 15

Yoga x 30 min.

NOTES:
Weight was up a bit, which usually eff cts my climbing negatively. But tonight I felt light and strong

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Again with the light and strong. Have you noticed any other effects from the BRAWN?

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Again with the light and strong. Have you noticed any other effects from the BRAWN?
Ha! Light and strong is the best endorsement a climber can give!

As far as Braun goes, It's definitely helped with body composition. Weight is up 2 or three pounds and waist measurements are the same as when I started. Mirror and wife say I look leaner. I'll try to post some before and after pics at the end of the log with the final review.

Strength, if you would have asked me Monday night after climbing, I would have said that I felt stronger - no question. But after this mornings training, missed a couple lifts that I should have gotten easy, I'm a little confused. Most likely I'm getting sick and my sleep has been less than optimal - daughter was sick all last week, wife sick as hell last three days, I'm "sleeping" on the couch, all in all, it's not a perfect recipe for recovery and peak performance.

Joint pain - definitely better than at the beginning of the log. A little niggly lateral epicondylitis, but it seems to keep improving. Shoulders both feel amazing!

I'm going to focus on sleep and recovery while continuing to push the weights. Cautiously optimistic about what Braun will bring for this last 10 days.

As for this mornings training:

Deadlift: 60x5, 115x4, 175x3, 230x2, 260x1, 290x5, 5, 5, 5, 5

-Row: 50x10, 70x8, 95x6, 125x12, 12, 11
-Press: 10x10, 20x8, 25x6, 30x13, 13, 11

-Single leg calf raises x 9, 9, 7, 6

-COC Grippers: Trainer x4, #1x3, #1.5x2, #2x 90% left/95%right, 95% left/98%right, 85% left, 95% right, #1x8, Trainer x23

NOTES: grip failing on last two sets of deads, missed last set numbers on row and Arnold, missed drop set numbers on Grippers. Likely getting sick and not rested. But I should have hit these lifts no problem. Feeling pissed, but will move on on use for motivation tomorrow!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established

External Shoulder Rotations: 5 x 30, 30, 30
Internal Rotations: 10 x 30, 30, 30

Finger Board Deadhangs
Jug: 5 sets of 7 seconds on w/ 3 sec rest between hangs
Large edge: 5x7
Medium Edge - a wide grip: 5x7
Medium edge - narrow grip: 5x7
Small edge: 5x6
Sloper: 5x7

Band Face Pulls / superset / laying extended shoulder db Rotations: 15 x 15, 15, 16 / 30 x 20, 20, 20

Forearm Strength Work
Reverse wrist curls - 20 x 14, 14, 14
Wrist Curls - 30 x 14, 14, 14
Sledge Pronation/Supination - 7.5 x 13, 13, 13

Stretch/yoga

NOTES:
Endurance was there today! Top sets on my pt and forearm work. Managed to match my bests from the last block. Next week will be pushing hard for some pr's.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday - rest day.

Today - 5:00 Braun w/preworkout
5:30 Training:

-db bench: 10x10, 20x8, 30x6, 40x8, 50x13, 13, 13
-Pull-ups x 7, 7, 7, 7

-curls: 30x 10, 10, 10
-triceps band push downs: 60x 15, 15, 15

-standing calf raises x 23, 23, 23, 23
-seated calf raise x 30, 30, 30, 30
-COC Grippers: Trainer x 4, #1x3, #1.5x 10, 10, 8, #1x12, Trainer x 28

NOTES -not sure what's going on with my grip training - missed my last set on COC Grippers - might be overdoing it with volume.

Other than that, numbers are on point. Enough Braun to last through Friday. Gonna push the intensity and volume this week to see where I'm at.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Happy belated Mothers Day, all you mother f'ers! Bit of a refeed yesterday, had to take the wife out to celebrate. She demanded a fancy donut lunch....

IMG_7298.JPG

Training yesterday morning was:

External Shoulder Rotations: 5 x 15, 15, 15
Internal Rotations: 20 x 15, 15, 15

Finger Board Deadhangs
Jug: 7 seconds on w/ 3 sec rest x 5
Large edge: 7x5
Medium Edge - wide grip: 7x5
Medium edge - narrow grip: 7x5
Small edge: 6x5
Sloper: 7x5

30* Front shoulder raise / superset / lateral raises: 10x 15, 15, 15 / 10 x 15, 15, 15

Front raise / superset / standing straight arm downward extensions with band: 10 x 15, 15, 15 / 15 x 15, 15, 15

Standing vertical 90* extensions / superset / laying extended shoulder db Rotations: 10 x 15, 15, 15 / 30 x 20, 20, 20

Occlusion BFR Training
Reverse wrist curls - 10 x 25, 25, 25
Wrist Curls - 20 x 21, 21, 21
Sledge Pronation/Supination - 5 x 16, 16, 16

Stretch/yoga

NOTES:
Joints feeing great this weekend, endurance and energy are on point. Rest between sets is down.

Couple more days of training to see if there have been any strength gains this month. Fingers crossed.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lmbo! "Demanded a fancy donut lunch." I'm sure she really had to twist your arm for that!
:rolleyes:

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Ha! Yeah, I've got a real tough life, huh?

Last night, climbing training.
Bouldering problems (5 to 20 hard moves, , on 15 to 45* overhanging walls) from easy (v0) climbs to hard-for me (v5) climbs. About 1.5 hours of climbing.

-hanging leg raises x 12, 12, 12, 12
/superset/
-push-ups x 19, 19, 19, 19

Eccentric Reverse wrist curls: 20 x 12, 12, 12
Eccentric Wrist curls: 35 x 12, 12, 12
Hammer pronation/supination: 7.5 x 15, 15, 15

Yoga x 30 min.

NOTES:
Felt strong, and endurance was awesome, but I put my bad shoulder in an awkward position and asked it to do too much. Still feeling it this morning.

PR on Hanging leg raises - from rings. 4x12 legs straight, feet raised just over head level. Felt great! ....just hoping my stupid shoulder doesn't f up any other pr's this week!

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
5/17/17

Deadlift: 60x5, 115x4, 175x3, 230x2, 260x1, 295x5, 5, 5, 5, 5

-Row: 50x10, 70x8, 95x6, 125x12, 12, 12
-Press: 10x10, 20x8, 25x6, 30x13, 13, 12

-Single leg calf raises x 9, 9, 7, 7

-COC Grippers: Trainer x4, #1x3, #1.5x2, #2x 90% left/100%right, 95% left/100%right, 85% left/95% right, #1x9, Trainer x24

NOTES: peaking intensity how I want. Usually, I miss more lifts at this stage of my training block.

Left shoulder feeling a little tweaky still, but that's my fault from climbing stupid. Right elbow is still a little weird too, but Between Braun and dialing in some form issues, I think it's improving.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
And for this morning....

External Shoulder Rotations: 5 x 30, 30, 30
Internal Rotations: 10 x 30, 30, 30

Finger Board Deadhangs
Jug: 5 sets of 7 seconds on w/ 3 sec rest between hangs
Large edge: 5x7
Medium Edge - a wide grip: 5x7
Medium edge - narrow grip: 5x7
Small edge: 5x6
Sloper: 5x7

Band Face Pulls / superset / laying extended shoulder db Rotations: 15 x 16, 16, 16 / 30 x 20, 20, 20

Forearm Strength Work
Reverse wrist curls - 20 x 15, 15, 15
Wrist Curls - 30 x 15, 15, 15
Sledge Pronation/Supination - 7.5 x 14, 14, 14

Stretch/yoga

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid training going brother!! How's the wrist and elbow been feeling? Also what have you noticed the most off this so far.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Solid training going brother!! How's the wrist and elbow been feeling? Also what have you noticed the most off this so far.
Thanks man! Joints are feeling better fo sho!

Endurance seems to be another strong point for Braun. Shorter rest times, more reps. Didn't notice too much in terms of strength. But I'm up a few pounds body weight, and haven't gained any midsection inches, so body comp seems to benefit as well.

Full review shortly - just finished the bottle.

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

Strength / Endurance
I was able to increase volume and intensity as programmed into my training schedule. To be fair, that doesn't always happen for me. After lifting the better part of 20 years - although still weak - big jumps in strength are nearly impossible to come by. So, no exceptional jumps in strength, though I did feel as though I needed less rest between sets.

Recovery
I didn't notice any decrease in DOMS, or other indications of increased muscle recovery rate.

Body Composition
While following a bit of a reverse diet, I increased kcals from cutting to maintenance. I gained approximately 4 pounds in 30 days and did not gain any inches to my waist circumference. Some of this was obviously diet and training, but I'm pretty confident that Brawn was assisting as well.

Joint /tendon Health
This was where my hopes were highest. I've had great success with Androcrine, in the past, helping to recover overworked tendons and joints. My niggling joints definitely feel better after 30 days of Braun. Maybe not as great as they did with Androcrine, but still better than many joint specific supplements are able to help them feel.

I would suggest picking up a bottle if you haven't tried a laxogenin supp before. I know there are some non-responders out there. But there are also folks that get amazing results while supplementing. I'm somewhere in the middle, but will definitely be picking up anther couple bottles for an 8 week run in the fall climbing season - when I'm cutting hard and putting my tendons through hell.

Thanks again BPS and @ lukehayd for the logging opportunity. BPS comes through again.