Jack3d Intra Workout???

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Im a big fan of drinking and intra wo supp. Whether it be superpump and sizeon, bcaas and another type of NO. I dont slam back before hand for 2 reasons:
1-I eat a pre-wo meal about 30min before wo so hitten back say jack3d or whatever it be upsets my stomach and digestion kills the purpose of no
2-Even if I didnt have a pre wo meal, I like drinking the above throughout my workout to keep a constant flow of nutrients to the muscle.

So...Ive search and really didnt come up with much. Can jack3d be drank throughout your workout? Anyone done this with a thumbs up?

Monsterbench

Awards
I have and it works extremely well! I just add some bcaa & essential amino acids.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
O yea? Good to hear...

All Ive read was how your supposed to slam it back real quick before you workout. Thats what they say about all NO/Pump supps and Ive never done that. But I didnt know if Jack3d was different and you "had" to drink it beforehand.

Monsterbench

Awards
With that being said, I would highly suggest that I would take jacked3D first then wait 30minutes and then have your meal or protein shake. If you do it this way you will be even more impressed with the results. Give it a try at least once and see for yourself.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
With that being said, I would highly suggest that I would take jacked3D first then wait 30minutes and then have your meal or protein shake. If you do it this way you will be even more impressed with the results. Give it a try at least once and see for yourself.
Agreed. Better to consume on an empty stomach. Effects last for hours. No reason to take during. Only thing worth taking during are simple macros (amino, carbs).

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Takes about 15min to kick in? So maybe I can take it to the gym and knock some back real quick right before I walk onto the floor.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Takes about 15min to kick in? So maybe I can take it to the gym and knock some back real quick right before I walk onto the floor.
Simply eat 90 minutes before your workout and take Jack3d 30 minutes before your workout and this will provide the best results.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Simply eat 90 minutes before your workout and take Jack3d 30 minutes before your workout and this will provide the best results.
Actually by the time you hit the weights that meal wont help directly fuel you through your workout and burn off necessary calories. I take a 30min preworkout shake of whey and oats to directly fuel my workout and burn those cals, not other needed cals. Hence me making everything "intra" workout.

Im just gonna have that shake a hair sooner and bring jacked to the gym with me. Mix up in locker room, kick it back and call it a day.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually by the time you hit the weights that meal wont help directly fuel you through your workout and burn off necessary calories. I take a 30min preworkout shake of whey and oats to directly fuel my workout and burn those cals, not other needed cals. Hence me making everything "intra" workout.

Im just gonna have that shake a hair sooner and bring jacked to the gym with me. Mix up in locker room, kick it back and call it a day.
To each their own... I agree with Dex; I would never eat that close to training even when I am going full power...

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
20g of whey and 1/2cup of oats will do justice for your workout. Be enough to fuel the body without upsetting the stomach, keep from breaking even more muscle down and wont be to much as to where blood is being used to help digestion and not being pushed into the muscle where it belongs. But like you said, to each their own...

Ive trial and errored over the years and that small little quick digesting meal before a workout goes a long way.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20g of whey and 1/2cup of oats will do justice for your workout. Be enough to fuel the body without upsetting the stomach, keep from breaking even more muscle down and wont be to much as to where blood is being used to help digestion and not being pushed into the muscle where it belongs. But like you said, to each their own...

Ive trial and errored over the years and that small little quick digesting meal before a workout goes a long way.
Right; I have friends that run that set-up... Nothing wrong with it, just not for me.

Did you find that the oat intake limited the stimulant effect from Jack3d for you? It sounds like it does not...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any food, be it protein powder, oats and or wht have you, eaten 30 mins before workout will barely be digested and absorbed before your workout is over. The only thing that will come close to being effective that close are predigested nutreients such as BCAA and the likes.

Jacked is not an intra workout supplement IMHO. Take it 30 to 45 mins before workout. 15-20 mins before workout sip on an intra formula (I prefer BCAA's) and when you hit the gym you are *jacked* AND have intra workout muscle sparing nutrients (BCAA's) in your blood stream.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any food, be it protein powder, oats and or wht have you, eaten 30 mins before workout will barely be digested and absorbed before your workout is over. The only thing that will come close to being effective that close are predigested nutreients such as BCAA and the likes.
I agree with this. I like BCAA/EAA and a multi over whole food.

Jacked is not an intra workout supplement IMHO. Take it 30 to 45 mins before workout. 15-20 mins before workout sip on an intra formula (I prefer BCAA's) and when you hit the gym you are *jacked* AND have intra workout muscle sparing nutrients (BCAA's) in your blood stream.
100% correct.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Right; I have friends that run that set-up... Nothing wrong with it, just not for me.

Did you find that the oat intake limited the stimulant effect from Jack3d for you? It sounds like it does not...
Well thats the thing, Im trying to figure out how to run Jack3d best (or atleast get a better idea what the good and bad are) as I have not ran it yet. If food would interfere, or how long it takes to kick in knowing little things like such will help determine how I dose it.

I run things a bit outside the norm as I fine tune everything to my specific needs. Im saving the Jack3d for when Im a couple weeks into prep. I'll continue to finish up using what I have left while my cals are still higher.

I am excited to give it a run though...have it sitting in my cabinet! Building up the anticipation :)

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established

Well, being a bit older maybe your digestive rate etc isnt what it used to be? (no offense intended) I can put all the money on the table and say that 27g of carbs from oats and 20g of pro from whey is digested by the time I work out and fueling my body to aid in srength, endurance and keeping me in less of a catabolic state. How do I know this? Through simple trial and error.
I log everything I do as well as diet. Which foods fill me out, make me full (appetite) etc etc... So simply logging my workout effectiveness when having the pre wo shake vs not...numbers weigh heavily towards having it before my WO as does simple logistics. You have to create and do your best to "keep" an ababolic environment for the body. By having this pre wo shake that I do helps keep the body in a better balance throughout my wo. Your not growing/anabolic when you workout. YOur actually working against yourself putting your body in a catabolic state. So you must do everything in your power to lessen that fact. A simple pre wo shake like I have leans me in the other direction!

Point being...its a very bold statement you make saying that it "will not" be digested by the time my workout was over. 30mins I have shake, 10mins to gym, 5mins in locker room, 10mins warming up, 2warm up sets to start, so by that time its almost an hour later give or take before I hit my very first work set.

If that meal (if to call it that) wasnt digested then I would feel sluggish and wouldnt achieve the pumps and vascularity that I do in the gym. All the blood would be circulating to aid digestion so...

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Also, to debate this as well, although this answer is based on theory and once again trial and error.

Lets take superpump for example. Thats not an intra WO supp. Ive kicked it back all in one shot before I workout and eventually starting to fizzle off throughout my workout and losing a bit of pump. You rush all the nutrients in one shot to the body and then expend them at the rate at which you workout. No feeding the muscle as you continuously progress heavier and further into your workout. Now...Ive taken the same supplement and drank it "throughout" my workout and achieved significantly better results. Constant flow of nutrients to the continuously pumped muscle. I do a set, muscles get fed then and there, do a set....they get fed an repeat. Thus I achieve greater endurance, longer lasting pumps...and most importantly a continuous flow of nutrients to the muscle. Theres no better time to feed the muscle then while working out as blood flow is at its strongest and shuttling nutrients at its highest. Combine that with a 10g protein, you have perfect potion! CHeck out intra supps...their nothing different then what I just mentioned! I was doing this before these even came out so it doesnt take a scientist to reveal what really works. Just takes alot of passion and time invested in learning how the body works!

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Not saying this is the case when Jack3d, as Ive heard alot of friends saying its better to take before.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Didnt want my post to come off that way at all. Was looking for some insight as to whether or not it is or isnt possible with jacked as it seems a totally different compound that im not familiar with. It may only be triggered by immediate amount being flushed into the blood stream vs drinking it intra wo and it trickling into the blood not giving the same effect. Labels are a general guidline, not be all means the end to how the product is to be used. Ive learned this through many different supps over the years. Its fine tuned to the general public and some of us dont fit into that category. Hence my question...but it seems the majority or reponses through forums and first hand from friends that its best to kick back before workout about 30mins or so...

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Many people have no clue how long it takes the body to digest and utilize the things ingested.

That's all the input I have for this debate.

I personally think a meal about 1:30-2hr out from workout is ideal and Jack3d about 45min preworkout = perfect. I begin to sip my XTend 15 minutes before and end about 30 minutes before the end of my workout. The nutrients will still be being utilized well after the workout, yes even fast absorbed nutrients like BCAAS!! ;)