• Total voters
MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I started jabbing daily with slin pins several months back. Since then, I've started being more gentle with my entry and exit. I'm not entirely sure which is best though. I can think of pros and cons for both. Interested in what other people do/have to say.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Some like to slide it in gently while others like it hard and fast. Haha JK. I use a 25g needle and I prefer to basically touch it to my skin and push it in pretty slow. I never feel any pain this way, just a little pressure. After you clean the area make sure to let the alcohol on your skin air dry, and it you won't get any stinging. Also if your muscle starts to tighten or spasm it helps to just look away and inhale.

I had my wife who is a nurse give me an injection one day and she jabbed it in. Did not much like that. Probably just alot of it depends on what you get used to.

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't think it really doesn't matters. We all have are own rituals and we all gush blood when we hit veins, it's just a matter of time.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha, if it’s a finger in the ass then it’s an easy question to answer (always slide, never jab 😉)

but as above, I think we probably all have our own rituals. If I’m pinning someone else I jab it in. When I pin myself I put the needle to the skin and gradually build the pressure until it breaks the skin. I don’t think this is the best way btw, I just can’t bring myself to jab it in 🤷

ultimately I don’t think it matters, as long as the compound gets to where it’s meant to be it’ll do what you want.

I think the bigger issue (that I have anyway) is keeping the needle steady. Either because of stims like clen or when I’m putting 2.5 ml into my glute (I have to use a few hand positions on the barrel to move it all the way down as it’s a long barrel and tough location) - that all creates more scar tissue than is ideal……

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do both, but the majority of the time I hold the pin like a dart and jab it in.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
To be a little more clear I jab it in fast to break the skin I don't just bury the whole needle in one motion

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to jab, probably for the first five years of pinning, but started slowing down after that. For me, I feel that the tempo of needle insertion seems to match my plunger depression speed. Jabbing inevitably led to fast plunger depressions where it might be close to a nerve (or just a goofy spot) and I’d end up with annoying pip for a couple days. Or the occasional pin where the oil seems to attach directly to a nerve and slowly move to your lower back over a couple days 🤢 (pinning glutes of course). I switched to a slower insertion with gently increasing pressure, which helped alert me to nearby nerves or something that maybe felt like it was going to result in a sore muscle. Then I could just back out and move over a little without pushing oil. I’m now a fan of adding rotation to the needle while slowly increasing pressure until the skin opens up. It’s been very effective for me and absolutely pain free. I don’t think this method is for everyone as it requires a pretty steady hand though.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Remember the nes glove? I loved that when I was little.
This thing eluded me. We got NES for Christmas the year it was released, but never got the glove. All the kids at my school were too poor. Never got to try that thing, but I remember being fascinated seeing it on magazines and on tv.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This thing eluded me. We got NES for Christmas the year it was released, but never got the glove. All the kids at my school were too poor. Never got to try that thing, but I remember being fascinated seeing it on magazines and on tv.
How old are you, I also got NES the year it was released for Christmas lol

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I never had the glove, but I remember seeing the movie it first appeared in about the video game tournament.

Does anyone remember the name of that movie?
That’d be THE WIZARD (no need to look it up) with Fred Savage….

“Callllliffforrrnniaaa 🦖

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^^ they don’t make em like that anymore…

Crazy how it can send me down a rabbit hole of “this actor, that actor, went on to do such and such…”

Also watched a really good Nintendo documentary thing on Netflix a few months back….(I’ll try and remember the name)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^^ they don’t make em like that anymore…

Crazy how it can send me down a rabbit hole of “this actor, that actor, went on to do such and such…”

Also watched a really good Nintendo documentary thing on Netflix a few months back….(I’ll try and remember the name)
Those video game documentaries are pretty awesome (and I'm not a gamer).

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
NES was awesome. I still have my original NES at my moms house, but it's not working properly, picture comes out blurry. I opened it and was supposed to try to fix it, but trying to repair electornics is such a pain in the ass.

Doom or Duke Nukem anybody?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
NES was awesome. I still have my original NES at my moms house, but it's not working properly, picture comes out blurry. I opened it and was supposed to try to fix it, but trying to repair electornics is such a pain in the ass.

Duke Nukem > Doom

But, Wolfenstein 3D was better than all of them. Quake was decent as well. I think Command & Conquer was my favorite.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

I went digging for all my old Nintendo games last night lol

I probably have 50 or 60 of them and I don't know where they're all at because the boxes aren't labeled but I found

Jaws
Exciteabike
Mike Tyson punch out
Kung Fu
Luney tunes
Little league world series baseball
Legand of Zelda
Dr. Mario

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

I probably have 50 or 60 of them and I don't know where they're all at because the boxes aren't labeled but I found

Jaws
Exciteabike
Mike Tyson punch out
Kung Fu
Luney tunes
Legand of Zelda
Dr. Mario
Dragon Warrior was my favorite NES game. Spent countless hours playing that as a kid.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar

Jaws
Exciteabike
Mike Tyson punch out
Kung Fu
Luney tunes
Legand of Zelda
Dr. Mario
Some specific games might be worth good money. At least some games were a few years back.

A lot of threads seem to end up people remeniscing lately, lol. And @GQdaLEGEND hasn't even taken a part.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Some specific games might be worth good money. At least some games were a few years back.

A lot of threads seem to end up people remeniscing lately, lol. And @GQdaLEGEND hasn't even taken a part.
Some of them are, Mike Tyson's punch out is definitely one of them

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you have the original case to go with it it could sell up to like $400.

But there's specific ones unopened in the box and if they have the original price tag and everything on it you could pay $75K to 100 grand for it

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Haha thread title kept me away from this

But yes I’m holding onto my old Nintendo w/super bros 3, punch out, tecmo superbowl forever until I die and hand em to my son

Also have original sega & Super Nintendo with zelda & donkey kong

I do have those 600games in one Nintendo which I’ll play occasionally .. the original ones I have stored away

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sooooooo, do you guys jab in the needle or press it in slowly lol
Don’t know but I do known if the Nintendo screen is bouncing or fuzzy…pull the game out, blow on it, and stick it back in, slowly…

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don’t know but I do known if the Nintendo screen is bouncing or fuzzy…pull the game out, blow on it, and stick it back in, slowly…
Some nice workout plus that jawline looking sexcc

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And make sure the tv is on channel 3
todays generation would be like huh ? dont i just press the tv/input and change it to hdmi

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
todays generation would be like huh ? dont i just press the tv/input and change it to hdmi
Some of the TV's even recognize the activated input, if the TV is on when you start the console and switches the input automatically. Kids these days have no idea what it is to put effort to get something.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some of the TV's even recognize the activated input, if the TV is on when you start the console and switches the input automatically. Kids these days have no idea what it is to put effort to get something.
oh yup my LG does when i insert the red/yellow/white cables ... easy life now

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My kids are 13 and 15, I tried explaining to them last night how the old systems work that they have to be on channel 3 cuz of the old TVs and they could not grasp it. But I did hook up the super Nintendo last night and play donkey Kong and Mario kart lol

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
My kids are 13 and 15, I tried explaining to them last night how the old systems work that they have to be on channel 3 cuz of the old TVs and they could not grasp it. But I did hook up the super Nintendo last night and play donkey Kong and Mario kart lol
Riding with the rail cart in the mines was my favorite (in Donky Kong country).

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Riding with the rail cart in the mines was my favorite (in Donky Kong country).
haha yup same here .. there was also this snow level which was pretty fun

adventures island on NES was another one of my fav.