I've gained 25lbs but can't gain my last 15lbs!!

Benjamin1

Awards
I'm 6ft 5in and started my bulk 12 months ago at 169lbs. I'm currently 195.3lbs

My goal is to get to 210lbs by October. But the thing is I have been 195 the past 4 months. What do I do?!?

Truth be told I used to be 6ft 3in, and 247lbs of lard... I lost so much weight but now am trying to gain it back to a healthy strong/lean 210lbs.

If you have any advice on how I could gain these last 15lbs it would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot

Crusher92

Awards
what does your diet/ training look like currently??

Benjamin1

Awards
M- chest/tricep
T- back/bicep
W- cardio/abs
T- shoulder/tricep
F- legs/biceps
Sa- cardio/abs
Su- OFF

Each workout takes me between 50min-80min

And as far as diet, i eat very clean. Basically haven't had fast food, baked goods, soda, candy, etc. in the last 2 years (including holidays!!)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
M- chest/tricep
T- back/bicep
W- cardio/abs
T- shoulder/tricep
F- legs/biceps
Sa- cardio/abs
Su- OFF

Each workout takes me between 50min-80min

And as far as diet, i eat very clean. Basically haven't had fast food, baked goods, soda, candy, etc. in the last 2 years (including holidays!!)
This doesn't tell us anything. A training split and saying you eat clean means nothing. Macros, total calories, lifts, sets, reps, volume, progression scheme, etc.

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
1) Eat more
2) Take a week off if you haven't already. Your CNS may be shot.

gmanall

Awards
Welcome to the 6'5 under 200 crew lol, feel ya bro. It comes down to eating more and more and more... How many calories are you eating a day? When all else fails 2% Milk is your friend.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
If you've been stuck at 1 weight for 4 months, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you need to eat more.
This may be a stupid question, but have you increased your calories?

Danny1992

Awards
Probably sounds obvious buddy but you need to take your new muscle into consideration when thinking of your current diet. The heavier you get, to keep putting on weight, the more macros you need to add on to your current diet, simples. If what you've been eating worked originally, having the same food in larger portions will work again now you're heavier.

Benjamin1

Awards
Yes I have increased my calorie intake progressively but the weight just doesn't seem to put on. A few weeks ago I ate like a monster and I got up to 202lbs but I'm about 99% sure it was mostly fat. I lost definition in my chest and obliques. The last two weeks I up-ed my cardio and got back down to 196.5lbs and my definition came back. I feel as if every time I "eat and eat" my body rather turns it to fat than muscle.

And to "Broda" I haven't taken a week off of working out in probably a year. What is CNS?

And thanks again guy/gals, I really appreciate it

Crusher92

Awards
CNS = central nervous system...it gets burnt out if you lift too much heavy weight too often..cure= rest

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CNS = central nervous system...it gets burnt out if you lift too much heavy weight too often..cure= rest
It's not that easy to get CNS fatigue and it doesn't sound like he's testing his 1RM frequently.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah CNS is mightly resisliant, but hard to determine unless you post up the things Rodja said before. Without that, people are just going to take a shot in the dark as to what the problem is. We might tell you to eat more, however if you are eating more and just not progressing with your lifts (Volume etc.) then our advice of more food may just translate into fat mass.

I see people in the gym who have been there for a year or more doing the same lifts with the same rep ranges with the same set volume and they wondering why they are not growing. Then they see me growing and they think I must be on gear or something. The fact is, if you arnt progessing, your muscles will adapt to the current volume and have no need to grow any further, they will reach a point and just plateau.

Eat more, add volume, mix it up, and growth will come. But only if you put the work in.