It's Performax giveaway time

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To kick off Thanksgiving weekend and as my first full week as a Performax rep, we're doing a HyperMax and CreMax giveaway. First, a little story time (it relates to the promo, so pay attention) about me. I've always enjoyed pro wrestling even now as an adult. Part of it is the athletic theater, but a larger part is that it reminds me of my childhood and brings back memories every time I watch it.

Here's how you win:
Share something that you have enjoyed since childhood that you continue to enjoy to this day. It can be anything as long as you explain why it is important to you. The winner will be chosen this weekend.

Ready...set...go...!!

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
as a child I always liked cars/trucks. how they look how they sound and perform. when i was younger my dad would explain what made certain cars sound and perform the way they do. now as a grown man i have experienced first hand with everything from a turbo awd to a 4 wheel v8 tundra. now i share the same passion with my 11 yr old son and think about how it was when i asked my dad the same questions he now asks me :) cheesy moment haha next.........

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja, you ever hear of Ring Of Honor Wrestling?. Just wondering because I've seen a bit of it on tv and it looks a lot different than pro wrestling, so I'm not sure whether it would be called amateur wrestling or what. I used to watch pro wrestling a bit when I was younger, when Hulk Hogan was popular and Andre The Giant. Pro wrestling is much better. I really couldn't watch more than 5 minutes or so of Ring Of Honor. Congrats on the Performax gig. I didn't realize you left PES.
ROH has great actual wrestling. Not great production value because their budget isn't huge, but they have great actual wrestling.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
My joy has always been movies. I can remember getting up at 4 in the morning to grab a three stooges dvd and wait to open Christmas presents. Then it was on to ninja turtles and back to the future. Then fast forward a few years and it was a clock work Orange and pulp fiction. Now it's anything and everything. I've always been in love with the cinema!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have always had a love for the outdoors. As a kid, I spent my summers at my grandparents lake front cottage swimming, fishing, and bonfires at night. In the fall/winter it was my families hunting camp in the middle of the woods. As I grew up, my reasons and areas of enjoyment related to the outdoors have changed (teens I was more into watersports then fishing, began hunting, etc) and now I've come full circle and once again just enjoy the simple pleasure of being outside. Woods, lakes, rivers, etc are all like a second home to me. I love camping without any tents or help and just having a good time seeing how rustic I can get ha. Someday I'd love to get on a survivorman/man vs wild type show and see if it's really as cool as I think it would be.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
sports. whether it's watching sports, attending sporting events, or just playing.

i was always the kind of kid who played everything and anything, and after being a car accident and breaking my femur, being out for 2+ years of no sports made me miss it like no other. to this day, i partake in body building because it's almost a "sport" (Some will call it a sport, not here to debate). i also love watching my younger family members play their respective sport and love supporting them, and connecting with my family, especially with my dad, by attending games is always fun

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My mom got me started on volleyball when I was 14. Went to my first clinic and I was hooked. I played everyday, 6 days a week for years. There was no high school volleyball in VT. at the time (high school volleyball just barely started 2 years ago on a probationary club status by the way here) so I played with adults right from the start. I played in college and was a starter from my freshman year on. I got be known as "the guy with jump serve", and to this day I still have the most aces in NECVL tournament history. I still play at a very high level now, and my kids come watch me play from time to time. My daughter tries to pepper me with during warm ups (she's only 5 at the moment, but she tries) and my son gets a huge grin on his face when I hammer a ball. I got them both their own "soft" volleyballs to pratice with. I plan on making sure that their high school has a team well established, which I will make sure I coach myself. I coached womens college volleyball for 6 years and was very good at improving players, so I plan on having a very good team, if not the best in the state by the time my kids get to high school. And being the proud papa that I am plan on having 2 little super stars on my hands.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
first promo for rodja! Some good answers in here, everyone is nostalgic. I still young but for me it's watching old cartoons that were on adult swim at night with my brother and almost passing out but forcing myself to stay awake and watch gundam and stuff

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
first promo for rodja! Some good answers in here, everyone is nostalgic. I still young but for me it's watching old cartoons that were on adult swim at night with my brother and almost passing out but forcing myself to stay awake and watch gundam and stuff
friggin loved gundam wing. Downloaded the whole series and movie in college and basically was a hermit for a week and a half.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not entering but wanted to share and congratulate Rodja! As you can probably tell by my avatar, I was big into comics/ Batman when I was a kid. I fell off for a while in high school cause too much other stuff took up my time. Once Batman Begins came out, it rekindled my interest in Batman and comics and I've been reading/collecting ever since!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
video games is another for me, lol i'll admit. love playing Xbox to this day and Halo is the sole reason why i became obese as a child lol

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice promo Rodja.

Great entries so far. Speaking of wrestling when I was little I went to Summer Slam in Milwaukee outside at old county stadium. Hulk, Andre the giant, ultimate warrior, macho man, etc,etc. It was insane!

bigsecy1974

Awards
As a child i would always watch my mother and her affinity in helping out the underpoverished and or needy in our area when we didn't have anything ourselves really.
In my teenage years she was rearended by a tractor and trailer and out of the settlement she started a non profit food pantry which.is still open to this day as we work in conjuction with catholic social services to help any and all.
Witnessing her affection for helping out is what has led me to where i am at today.
Still working with the food pantry as well as local soup kitchens.
Happy holidays all.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As a child i would always watch my mother and her affinity in helping out the underpoverished and or needy in our area when we didn't have anything ourselves really. In my teenage years she was rearended by a tractor and trailer and out of the settlement she started a non profit food pantry which.is still open to this day as we work in conjuction with catholic social services to help any and all. Witnessing her affection for helping out is what has led me to where i am at today. Still working with the food pantry as well as local soup kitchens. Happy holidays all.
strong first post

bsanders06

bsanders06

Awards
Man I too have a passion for wrestling.. my dad and me would watch wwf as it was back then and wcw every Monday and flip between the two on commerical break...some of my fondest memories growing up Involved wrestling.. my favorie wrestlers was sting and the ultimate warrior when I was young.. im sure it had to do with the face paint!! Today my favorite would be dolph ziggler.. he is so underrated as a performer... to this day I still watch wrestling if im home and so does my dad. We actually went to raw in memphis the month before wrestlmania this year and got to see taker which was cool considering he is very near the end of his rope... gosh I could talk wrestling all day with ya.. I live in Mississippi and wcw actually held a payperview here when I was little called wwe uncensored... the main event was like three cages stacked on top of each other... now that was cool

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As a young boy growing up I always like cars. I Always looked forward to the Indy 500 and Daytona 500 because 50 years ago they were the only races on TV. My favorite toys were matchbox cars. I ate Honeycombs cereal, even thought I did not like them because it had a free toy car in every box. When I turned twelve years old I got a paper route this first thing I bought with my earnings was a subscription to Hot Rod Magazine. In high school I signed up for Auto Mechanics at Votech. Today I am 56 years old have worked in the auto industry my entire life. I currently sell aftermarket parts and accessories and also works as a consultant for a few automotive performance parts manufactures.

Me Doing One Of My Favorite Things...............BURNOUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment burnout.bmp

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
FAST CARS!

I've been to the Indy 500 every year since 1984 when I was TWO. My dad's college graduation present was a '75 Camaro which he kept for my first car. He eventually got a '90 Mitsubishi 3000GT and let me drive to prom - yeah buddy! Now I drive a '03 Mustang GT with tons of mods. I lay the rubber down every time I drive it. Luckily for my engine's and tires' sake, I don't drive it too often as I've been working from home a lot and lifting in my basement.

Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
Allright guys call me a softie but when I was younger and I mean a long time ago family deal The Christmas shows came on. Frosty The Snowman, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer all those claymation shows. Mom popped popcorn and me my Brother Mom and Dad all sat and watched these things over and over on all 20 channels that we had with cable back then. Yea thats right 20 channels. Now I'm 50 and guess what ? Mom and Dad gone but me and Bro. still get together and watch these things. No longer popcorn but Beer and pretzels now. Wife and kids with me and Bro's wife and his boy's with him. The rest of the family I know gets tired of the same stories year after year bout the good old days. But hey they still put up with us.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Well, here it is. I grew up spending a lot of time playing sports. The best part, my father always coached me. We were able to spend a lot of time together because of this. As I got older, those sporting activities ceased and new ones started. He would help me as I began to lift weights. He helped me improve when I started to play golf and then he bought me my first (all of them actually) snowboard. After I got married, I would golf and snowboard with him occasionally. I moved 4 hours away and cannot do those things as much. I began to take a week off every winter to go on a snowboarding trip with him. This brings me back to all those days I would spend with him when I was a child. Now I am teaching my kids about weight training, basketball, golf, and snowboarding. This is my story and I'm sticking to it :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Allright guys call me a softie but when I was younger and I mean a long time ago family deal The Christmas shows came on. Frosty The Snowman, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer all those claymation shows. Mom popped popcorn and me my Brother Mom and Dad all sat and watched these things over and over on all 20 channels that we had with cable back then. Yea thats right 20 channels. Now I'm 50 and guess what ? Mom and Dad gone but me and Bro. still get together and watch these things. No longer popcorn but Beer and pretzels now. Wife and kids with me and Bro's wife and his boy's with him. The rest of the family I know gets tired of the same stories year after year bout the good old days. But hey they still put up with us.
This is a good one. Me and my family do the same. Still have them taped on VHS somewhere too with all the old school Campbell's soup and eat n park commercials.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nothing beats time with Family...............However when I was a kid we had cable and got 4 channels.........

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got some really good entries up in here. I'll be picking the winner Sunday afternoon.

Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
Nothing beats time with Family...............However when I was a kid we had cable and got 4 channels.........
Dude you lived way out in BFE !! LOL

Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
This is a good one. Me and my family do the same. Still have them taped on VHS somewhere too with all the old school Campbell's soup and eat n park commercials.
VHS tapes bit the big one had to go on ebay and find DVD's to keep watching.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great entries so far. This thread has been a good read.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
I am talking in the 60's....I'm just old !!
Brother your only as old as you feel. Wife says I act 15 body somedays says I'm pushing 90. LOL

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a young boy growing up I always like cars. I Always looked forward to the Indy 500 and Daytona 500 because 50 years ago they were the only races on TV. My favorite toys were matchbox cars. I ate Honeycombs cereal, even thought I did not like them because it had a free toy car in every box. When I turned twelve years old I got a paper route this first thing I bought with my earnings was a subscription to Hot Rod Magazine. In high school I signed up for Auto Mechanics at Votech. Today I am 56 years old have worked in the auto industry my entire life. I currently sell aftermarket parts and accessories and also works as a consultant for a few automotive performance parts manufactures.

Me Doing One Of My Favorite Things...............BURNOUTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 110372
Is that a Mustang?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes, It is I am a bit of a Mustang Guy

06 GT 004 (800x600).jpg

Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stroked A4 Block 321 cid Lanuch at 7500 rpm shift at 9500

Engine 1 (640x480).jpg

NOS1 (800x600).jpg

Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Friday morning bump. Last day for apps is tomorrow.

yosefmax88

yosefmax88

Awards
As a child every year I couldn't wait to go to my grandparents house for the holidays because they have a room that is the pool room with a mini bar with out the alcohol lol. A huge pool table from back in the 50-60s man I loved playing pool we would play for hours and hours . then when my parents bought home it came with a pool table and still to this day when I fly to visit my family we play pool.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
any last minute apps before rodja gets on and ends?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This took awhile for me to decide, but the winner is Beltzie5. PM me with your info and I'll have the stack sent out to you shortly.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
This took awhile for me to decide, but the winner is Beltzie5. PM me with your info and I'll have the stack sent out to you shortly.
Excellent! Good for you Beltzie5. Congratulations!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Congrats beltzie!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There you go Beltz, congrats man!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Congratz bro and it really is a good memory!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats brother and enjoy.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Congrats Beltzie!