Is trestolone safer than nandrolone and trembolone?

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've been reading a lot about trestolone in r/steroids, here's a good summary and links:

https://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/comments/k3vba0/_/ge57jxm
I'm changing my mind about trest, but here and in other forums it still is seen as a super suppressive roid. Actually, nandrolone seems to be more suppressive because of long-lived metabolites. I still have to read more, but I'll give trest a go soon.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been reading a lot about trestolone in r/steroids, here's a good summary and links:

I'm changing my mind about trest, but here and in other forums it still is seen as a super suppressive roid. Actually, nandrolone seems to be more suppressive because of long-lived metabolites. I still have to read more, but I'll give trest a go soon.
Well ......
From what I was reading, the Reddit "experts" (LOL) weren't saying, "Heyyy .... Look how safe Trest is".
They were saying, "Look how freakin' bad Nandrolone and Tren are for you".

..... do you think the guys on that forum are better informed than guys over here?
:oops::D

I have guys send me stuff from there occasionally with questions like: " WOW, did you know this?!"

Usually my answer is: "No, and I still don't".

:)

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

here’s my take bro,

nandrolone has been used (and still is) in medical settings for years. It’s been widely studied and we can supplement to mitigate a number of the known neurological issues.

trestolone was developed as a male contreceptive. If you ask people who’ve used it and then pct’d how easy it is to recover you’ll probably find most confirm it’s one of the hardest to bounce back from (that’s my experience as well)

in terms of suppression I think trest is the worse compound by a little distance,

if you are talking wider issues then tren has the obvious potential danger that you’ll body slam your boss through a table before fucking his sister over the arm of the reception seating all because he asked you to stay 15 mins late for a meeting.....that’s not likely off any other compound (well the fucking bit on trest is tbf - **** that stuff made me horny)

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky your posts have a certain tone to them and are all around unique...i dont even have to look at who the poster is and I know its you 😉

I personally think it comes down to the dose, and conversion to estro to an extent. I personally think the reason why tren and nandrolone are so horrible in these brain studies is because they dont convert to estro, and estro, not test, is neuroprotective.

As far as dropping lipids, same. Its the estro that helps hdl. Tren, mast dont convert to estro and thereofre drop lipids harder than test. I dont think for example tren is worse towads lipids than mast.

It also comes down to total dosage used and your personal limit where you dont get sides yet but tou reap benefits. For example i felt better and was indeed healthier on 250 test 100 tren a than on 500 test, because on 500 test my bp was 145/90, on test/tren it was 120/70. Also no anxiety and increased heart rate on test and tren, while on 500 test my heart rate was routinely over 70 which is 10 over my normal RHR, and i also had anxiety on 500 test. On test and tren i felt like my mood was darker though (not less happy, but more of an unapproachable person if you know what i mean, like get the hell away from me, but masteron seems to do it too)

It very much comes down like i said to total dosage used and your individual response.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Whisky your posts have a certain tone to them and are all around unique...i dont even have to look at who the poster is and I know its you 😉

I personally think it comes down to the dose, and conversion to estro to an extent. I personally think the reason why tren and nandrolone are so horrible in these brain studies is because they dont convert to estro, and estro, not test, is neuroprotective.

As far as dropping lipids, same. Its the estro that helps hdl. Tren, mast dont convert to estro and thereofre drop lipids harder than test. I dont think for example tren is worse towads lipids than mast.

It also comes down to total dosage used and your personal limit where you dont get sides yet but tou reap benefits. For example i felt better and was indeed healthier on 250 test 100 tren a than on 500 test, because on 500 test my bp was 145/90, on test/tren it was 120/70. Also no anxiety and increased heart rate on test and tren, while on 500 test my heart rate was routinely over 70 which is 10 over my normal RHR, and i also had anxiety on 500 test. On test and tren i felt like my mood was darker though (not less happy, but more of an unapproachable person if you know what i mean, like get the hell away from me, but masteron seems to do it too)

It very much comes down like i said to total dosage used and your individual response.
haha, I like to blend sensible discussion with sexual overtones

that’s a good point re estro..... anything showing negative impact in the absence of estrogen has to be acknowledged in that context.....another reason to let estro run higher than what many would suggest

Sildefinite

Awards
here’s my take bro,

nandrolone has been used (and still is) in medical settings for years. It’s been widely studied and we can supplement to mitigate a number of the known neurological issues.

trestolone was developed as a male contreceptive. If you ask people who’ve used it and then pct’d how easy it is to recover you’ll probably find most confirm it’s one of the hardest to bounce back from (that’s my experience as well)

in terms of suppression I think trest is the worse compound by a little distance,

if you are talking wider issues then tren has the obvious potential danger that you’ll body slam your boss through a table before fucking his sister over the arm of the reception seating all because he asked you to stay 15 mins late for a meeting.....that’s not likely off any other compound (well the fucking bit on trest is tbf - **** that stuff made me horny)
This cracked
Me the **** up

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This cracked
Me the **** up
I was aroused. But I did just bump dienelone to 500mg this week so it’s easy to do I suppose.

Something Mike Arnold said on Beast Fitness Radio was that he noticed after Trest it took forever for his libido and sexual function to get back to normal. He also talked to other guys who had same issue. The only solution was either take Trest again or wait out like 6 months before things started working again. And these are guys on TRT, not trying to PCT.

I haven’t used Trest so I have no experience.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Something Mike Arnold said on Beast Fitness Radio was that he noticed after Trest it took forever for his libido and sexual function to get back to normal. He also talked to other guys who had same issue.
This could be trest burning dopaminergic pathways, more than the suppressive effect. Trestolone at high dose isn't safe anyways, like any AAS, and studies usually look at doses just enough to suppress spermatogenesis.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i have never had the hard times recovering as some folks do from trest. Exception: when combining tren/trest/nandrolone/deinolone.. the combo of multiple nor tests does make it a bit longer to recover, and I get pain in my bawls from this so... Its rather uncofortable, and truthfully unneeded. I find the best trest has to offer me, is the phenyl prop, combined with a DHT and a smidge of test. this combo is off the charts effective, and mostly dry. I dont get prolactin sides very often so keeping estro in check is important, and doing so makes recovery a snap.

I absolutely agree with the Dosages statement. I have ran trest way higher than most on this board, and found that, its just not needed with trest. It does what it does at less than 300mgs per week. keep them sane, and enjoy~ its no more dangerous than tren or nandrolone. I feel like what one lacks is the others strong points, and should be periodically swapped to keep the receptors freshish. If you are doing the things we all know we should do, like blood testing, health supplementing and proper ancilleries during and post cycle, you are covering your bases and should be able to catch any issues arising from any steroid.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This could be trest burning dopaminergic pathways, more than the suppressive effect. Trestolone at high dose isn't safe anyways, like any AAS, and studies usually look at doses just enough to suppress spermatogenesis.
..... And nobody ever runs it at that dosage.

😢

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So what are the recommended "safe" bodybuilding doses for Trest Ace? I saw Tiger Fitness article where the author took 50 mg EOD for 6-8 weeks or something like that and seemed to enjoy it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So what are the recommended "safe" bodybuilding doses for Trest Ace? I saw Tiger Fitness article where the author took 50 mg EOD for 6-8 weeks or something like that and seemed to enjoy it.
that would be a pretty common approach. If you can swing 50 everyday... its really great.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
that would be a pretty common approach. If you can swing 50 everyday... its really great.
I can get about 6 weeks in at 50 mg EOD. My source is back online, but he's rebranded and I'm not sure if he's still legit so I'm kinda on the fence for ordering more and bumping the cycle to anything longer.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i would probably save it for a longer run... 12-16 weeks is where its at. let it do work early then let the gains marinade for a min.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jesus at 50mg ed I’d have some saweeeeet tits. I could run half that and be more than fine with making good gains and probably still struggle with prolactin

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Jesus at 50mg ed I’d have some saweeeeet tits. I could run half that and be more than fine with making good gains and probably still struggle with prolactin
Mike Arnold said in a podcast some of the most explosive gains he ever made was after a several month layoff from the gym where he took like 150-200mg each of test, Trest, & tren when he started coming back. He said he shot up something like 30-40lbs in 30-40 days and had to stop the blast because he was just miserable from all the new weight he had added so fast.

So he was of the opinion that you really don’t need a lot of trest or tren mg wise - especially Trest. I have heard 25/day of ace is terrific. I don’t have any to try

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Mike Arnold said in a podcast some of the most explosive gains he ever made was after a several month layoff from the gym where he took like 150-200mg each of test, Trest, & tren when he started coming back. He said he shot up something like 30-40lbs in 30-40 days and had to stop the blast because he was just miserable from all the new weight he had added so fast.

So he was of the opinion that you really don’t need a lot of trest or tren mg wise - especially Trest. I have heard 25/day of ace is terrific. I don’t have any to try
OR is back in business, or so "Chris" says. And I just darted 25 mg in my left quad and guzzled 50 mg of Ralox. Here goes!

Last edited:

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
AFAIK, for beginners, 10 mg ED is a good starting point. Personally, as I'm prone to gyno, 15 mg ED is the max dose I'll try the first time.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

25 per day is nice indeed. and truly capable of getting er done. conversly 30-35 mgs per day TD is also nice. of course the moar is better clause is in play with this one.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was aroused. But I did just bump dienelone to 500mg this week so it’s easy to do I suppose.

Something Mike Arnold said on Beast Fitness Radio was that he noticed after Trest it took forever for his libido and sexual function to get back to normal. He also talked to other guys who had same issue. The only solution was either take Trest again or wait out like 6 months before things started working again. And these are guys on TRT, not trying to PCT.

I can vouch. Trest did weird stuff to my sex drive. I don’t even remember it being hightened at all like a lot of dudes say. I do remember going soft a few times in the middle of laying pipe or being out of breath because of how much weight I was putting on so quickly. Don’t remember having sex drive issues really afterwards but I do remember being kind of down and mildly depressed for a month or so.

The sex drive stuff could be any number of things. Dopamine, prolactin, estrogen, something having to do with how quickly it suppresses sperm production independent of TRT (S23 was similar I lost sex drive real quick even though I was on TRT).

I prefer Tren over Trest. They’re basically the same thing - similar results and aggression, except one keeps you lean as hell and the other gives you estrogen sides that are not even manageable after a week or two.

Reactions: UNX

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I prefer Tren over Trest. They’re basically the same thing - similar results and aggression, except one keeps you lean as hell and the other gives you estrogen sides that are not even manageable after a week or two.
When it comes to tren..idk why so many say its best for cutting.

I only had an opportunity to use 100mg a week as i had some extra low conc available but alongside 250-300 test i can only say wow! Will never run test only again haha

At that low dose it doesnt suppress appetite or cause cardio sides but muscle on that combo comes easily 2x as fast as on 500 test, and changes are insane, every few days you grow. Cant wait to run again.

And the strength gains are also great, unlike masteron which i used and which seemingly gave me strength gains through pure aggression tren strength gains seemed to stem from increased muscle.

In other words if one eats appropriately tren is insane for putting on muscle.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When it comes to tren..idk why so many say its best for cutting.

I only had an opportunity to use 100mg a week as i had some extra low conc available but alongside 250-300 test i can only say wow! Will never run test only again haha

At that low dose it doesnt suppress appetite or cause cardio sides but muscle on that combo comes easily 2x as fast as on 500 test, and changes are insane, every few days you grow. Cant wait to run again.

And the strength gains are also great, unlike masteron which i used and which seemingly gave me strength gains through pure aggression tren strength gains seemed to stem from increased muscle.

In other words if one eats appropriately tren is insane for putting on muscle.

In my experience, Tren is way better for putting on size if you low dose it and stack with other compounds. It’s so anabolic that once you get up to the 250-300/week range, the nutrient partitioning becomes so strong that some people can’t shovel in enough calories to put on weight, especially if they’re eating clean. It becomes more like a recomp and you start to put on a little muscle and shred a little fat simultaneously. It sounds funny but some people will put on less muscle with Tren if they up the dose.

Also if you don’t want as many of the side effects of Tren, you can’t run a whole lot of Test with it once you start increasing the Tren dosage. I always back my Test dose down to 200mg/week with Tren and add in light orals or SARMs instead, and I always control my estrogen. Most people are contest prepping or cutting when they high dose Tren so they’re controlling their estrogen as well. If you want to put on strictly size with Tren, controlling your estrogen will really limit the compound’s potential.

Last edited:

dvw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Trestolone is going to convert to methyl estrogen which is bad. You almost have to take a serm on cycle to prevent gyno. I'd say trestolone is worse sides of the 3 compounds you listed.

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deca does convert to estrogen, has some affinity for estrogen receptor, if I'm not mistaken.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Whisky your posts have a certain tone to them and are all around unique...i dont even have to look at who the poster is and I know its you

Personally, I don’t think the cognitive toll of nandrolones has anything to do with estrogen conversion. There’s something specific to that class of drugs that affects cognitive function. I can’t recall by what mechanism exactly, but they do affect dopamine pathways and whatever pathway is responsible for memory. I’m pretty sure I’ve read data on it in the past. I know I have mild short term memory issues with Tren and Trest. I haven’t exactly nailed down whether or not that’s because of the particular headspace they put you in or not, but my girlfriend has notices it too. It seems pretty immediate like within days of pinning an Acetate.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I don’t think the cognitive toll of nandrolones has anything to do with estrogen conversion. There’s something specific to that class of drugs that affects cognitive function. I can’t recall by what mechanism exactly, but they do affect dopamine pathways and whatever pathway is responsible for memory. I’m pretty sure I’ve read data on it in the past. I know I have mild short term memory issues with Tren and Trest. I haven’t exactly nailed down whether or not that’s because of the particular headspace they put you in or not, but my girlfriend has notices it too. It seems pretty immediate like within days of pinning an Acetate.
Does it go away for you? I mean do you reach your cognitive abilities?

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does it go away for you? I mean do you reach your cognitive abilities?
Yeah it’s not permanent and it’s not that bad, but it’s noticeable. Other than the short term memory aspect, Tren seems to enhance cognitive function. I mean it is a mild stimulant. I’m not totally convinced the memory issue is entirely a memory issue and doesn’t have something to do with the headspace these drugs put you in. They kind of just give you a “I have zero time for bullshit” attitude so I could just be blocking things out or ignoring them.

mw314159

Awards

I haven't seen sex drive problems after trest. My libido goes through the roof on TRT + trest. When I go back to TRT only, my sex drive is fine. I want sex once a day instead of three times. My longest run with trest was over a year. I felt fine going back to TRT only.

I haven't seen any cognitive issues with trest. Tren makes me feel stupid as a software engineer even at low doses. I feel normal again a few days after quitting. Trest doesn't seem to affect my cognitive abilities either way.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't seen sex drive problems after trest. My libido goes through the roof on TRT + trest. When I go back to TRT only, my sex drive is fine. I want sex once a day instead of three times. My longest run with trest was over a year. I felt fine going back to TRT only.

I haven't seen any cognitive issues with trest. Tren makes me feel stupid as a software engineer even at low doses. I feel normal again a few days after quitting. Trest doesn't seem to affect my cognitive abilities either way.
You have any bloods to report after a years worth of Trest? I personally love it and could take it everyday for the rest of my life lol!

mw314159

Awards
You have any bloods to report after a years worth of Trest? I personally love it and could take it everyday for the rest of my life lol!
I haven't seen anything negative in my bloodwork with 10 mg/day trest. My lipids were off at 25 mg/day, but I was also running masteron in that cycle.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol I'm good on some trest had my little run with it went up to the limits with Yates and bighulk back in the day. The gyno was to hard to control imo.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lol I'm good on some trest had my little run with it went up to the limits with Yates and bighulk back in the day. The gyno was to hard to control imo.
That’s my only beef man. I’m takin Ralox and Exemestane to stop the gyno sides and that can’t be healthy to take long term. Will probably finish my run and take a break, then consider running it lower dose as part of a larger and more comprehensive bulking cycle in the future.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That’s my only beef man. I’m takin Ralox and Exemestane to quell the gyno sides and that can’t be healthy to take long term. Will probably finish my run and take a break, then consider running it lower dose as part of a larger and more comprehensive bulking cycle in the future.

mw314159

Awards
Gyno can be hard to control at higher doses for some guys. Mike Arnold recommends taking a SERM through the whole cycle for people who are prone to gyno. I haven't tried it personally. I'm able to control the estrogen side effects at 30 mg/day (the highest I've gone) with aromasin.

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Gyno can be hard to control at higher doses for some guys. Mike Arnold recommends taking a SERM through the whole cycle for people who are prone to gyno. I haven't tried it personally. I'm able to control the estrogen side effects at 30 mg/day (the highest I've gone) with aromasin.
Bumped up to 50mg today. Will be interesting to see how I feel in a few days.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trestolone? That's like 400 mg/day tren, at least. I think I might die with 200 mg. It would be an interesting way to go.

Yes they are all in our logs somewhere here on AM

theswede

theswede

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Trestolone? That's like 400 mg/day tren, at least. I think I might die with 200 mg. It would be an interesting way to go.
Surely he’s not serious. That’s a ton of oil for starters as most labels are putting out 50mg/1ml.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
By the way I'm in no way saying to run this compound that high. I was on way to much gear and being stupid. Sure glad I've toned down.

mw314159

Awards
Surely he’s not serious. That’s a ton of oil for starters as most labels are putting out 50mg/1ml.
I've bought some vials that were 100 mg/ml. I would be fine injecting 4 ml/day. I just couldn't handle that much trestolone.

mw314159

Awards
Yes they are all in our logs somewhere on AM
You said you went up to the limits. I hadn't heard of anyone going over 100 mg/day before. You went up to the limit and raised it. I'm a little jealous.

I'll have to check out the logs.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If I ran it again I’d throw a DHT like Masteron in there to help control the conversion. I ran Trest once and I can’t even remember the exact doses I worked up to, but I was pinning something like 20mg Ace every day and 40-60mg of oral Trest pre-workout 5 days a week. They weren’t even crazy doses but even so by week 3 or 4 I was taking 1mg Arimidex a day and still not controlling estrogen sides. I had to stop around a month. And that estrogen spikes quick with Trest too. It was literally 2nd day pinning and I was already holding water and lethargic.

mw314159

Awards
If I ran it again I’d throw a DHT like Masteron in there to help control the conversion. I ran Trest once and I can’t even remember the exact doses I worked up to, but I was pinning something like 20mg Ace every day and 40-60mg of oral Trest pre-workout 5 days a week. They weren’t even crazy doses but even so by week 3 or 4 I was taking 1mg Arimidex a day and still not controlling estrogen sides. I had to stop around a month. And that estrogen spikes quick with Trest too. It was literally 2nd day pinning and I was already holding water and lethargic.
I get good results with a lot less water weight at 10 mg trest ace. I love the oral version (Tr3st) on top of that. It was a presex thing for me more than a preworkout.

Masteron definitely helps.