Is there such a thing as cortisol rebound?

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Wondering if it's possible. We know of estrogen rebound from a lack of tapering non-suicidal AI's. Can the same be said about cortisol and running 11-oxo, 11-KT as part of the cycle? I know it's a good idea to use cortisol control supps in PCT anyway,but curious what everyone has to say.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cortisol will be increased with the rise in anabolic hormones.
It's just one of the many hormonal disruptions that happens when using exogenous androgens.

If you just stop taking them you'll have elevated cortisol. Hence the reasoning behind using reduce xt in your pct while getting natural test production up.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol will be increased with the rise in anabolic hormones.
It's just one of the many hormonal disruptions that happens when using exogenous androgens.

If you just stop taking them you'll have elevated cortisol. Hence the reasoning behind using reduce xt in your pct while getting natural test production up.
Right, I guess I worded the question wrong. Since cortisol will be suppressed while on cycle due to 11-KT, will they return to baseline or "rebound" above?

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good advice above ^^^

SNS REDUCE XT will definite aid in controlling the rise in cortisol during PCT. good question OP.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Right, I guess I worded the question wrong. Since cortisol will be suppressed while on cycle due to 11-KT, will they return to baseline or "rebound" above?
Would not worry about cortisol rebound for something like 11-kt, let alone many of the things available on the market atm. Maybe after a long Tren cycle it will be pretty useful.

Canes325

Awards
  • Established
Would not worry about cortisol rebound for something like 11-kt, let alone many of the things available on the market atm. Maybe after a long Tren cycle it will be pretty useful.
Ok thanks. So it is then possible for cortisol to rebound above baseline?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
11-kt it's an anabolic compound. So......

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wrong

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The body will do what it needs to maintain homeostasis.

Normally as an example, after intense exercise, cortisol is increased, in response the body also has a rise in testosterone.

Likewise, if there is an increase in anabolic hormones, there will be an increase in cortisol.
11-kt is an anabolic and anti cortisol compound, so while using it, anabolism will be increased, and cortisol will be decreased.
The body will sense this imbalance and attempt to fix it. Enzymes being blocked from making cortisol? It'll make more.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This question makes more sense if referring to a compound that isn't also a potent anabolic hormone.

Like say reduce xt.

It wouldn't really be something to worry about if your htpa is working normally.
It won't be when using anabolics

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's something to be concerned about if your concerned with maintaining as much as possible in pct and staying lean.

If you mean cortisol rebound isn't a worry from a cycle of reduce xt, could be right. That'd depend on dosage and length.

Obviously the more shut down one is the bigger issue it'll be. Running 8 weeks of tren ace is of course on a whole different level than 8 weeks of 11-kt

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's something to be concerned about if your concerned with maintaining as much as possible in pct and staying lean.

If you mean cortisol rebound isn't a worry from a cycle of reduce xt, could be right. That'd depend on dosage and length.

Obviously the more shut down one is the bigger issue it'll be. Running 8 weeks of tren ace is of course on a whole different level than 8 weeks of 11-kt
Yer my point on not worrying was in relation to potential cort rebound following his 11-kt cycle. You make valid points however.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tren crushes cortisol.. get your cortisol levels checked about 10 days after tren ace and see the rebound first hand.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tren crushes cortisol.. get your cortisol levels checked about 10 days after tren ace and see the rebound first hand.
Lol don't think anyone is doubting that, i just used Tren as an extreme example, OP isnt actually running Tren.