Is there any downside to extending PCT?

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
I know typical pct such as clomid and others are run for 4-6 weeks on average. If you handle it well and can afford it is there any downside to running for say 10 weeks to ensure optimal recovery?

Thanks

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know typical pct such as clomid and others are run for 4-6 weeks on average. If you handle it well and can afford it is there any downside to running for say 10 weeks to ensure optimal recovery?

Thanks
It would only depend on if taking a serm itself is suppressive, such as with hcg, extended use itself is suppressive even though it stimulates Lh/Fsh . I think the idea is to get Hpta functioning again and get off as soon as possible. But I’m in to see what the science guys say, just for knowledge.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don't see how it could hurt. Sounds like a good idea with 19-nor's or longer 12+ week cycles

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not sure about HPTA recovery, but I would want to keep SERM dosing to shorter periods if possible. Estrogen is necessary for replenishing satellite cell pools in muscle tissue. If you block that for too long, you’ll stall muscle growth.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think 6 weeks is perfect and hcg could be used (before) pct. One option is to go 7 weeks doing last weeks of the cycle with nolva and then 5 or 6 weeks pct to kinda kickstart the last week.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Your done PCT when your bloods reveal your back to normal. If your not getting bloods...then their is nothing wrong with extending PCT...however with a lower dose of Clomid. Whats your dosing and what was your cycle?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'd think worst case scenario is your throwing away money. If you extend a serm your not lowering estrogen levels in the body, your just blocking certain pathways or attachment points.

I hope I can dig this video up. But I came across a video of a big name hrt doc online explaining hcg problems. His research showed that as long as you dont go crazy with the doses your fine. The problem with high dosage and prolonged hcg use is desensitizing the leydig cells. HCG through the entire cycle for me - makes a huge difference.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Doctors have prescribed clomid as an alternative to TRT to be taken year round in some cases or for extended periods to attempt an HPTA restart. So is an extended PCT going to hurt you? No. I think 6 weeks instead of 4 is fine.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have tried this a few times. Normal Test is around 650. On clomid or Nolva I jump up to 1000. At about week 6 it slowly trickles down. Eventually back down to my normal 650 range. Diminished returns in healthly HPTA people in my experience.