Is There a Single Best Book or Best Guide for TRT?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

I am about to be 37. I have definitely gained a lot of weight: some due to aging, some to inactivity, some due to meds.

My testosterone levels have always been 300-350, even though I don't show signs of hypogonadism. I have always been aggressive, put on muscle, etc. I just think I am within ranges, and Asian, hence lower rates of both testosterone and heart problems in healthy populations:

1. Having lived abroad, ten years ago, doctors legally put me on some TRT meds.

These include testosterone gel, oxandrolone, and primobolan depot.

2. Testosterone gel did have a great effect the first few weeks, but later tapered off.

Oxandrolone gave roid rage, even at 10 mg a day.

Primobolan depot, even one vial a week, caused libido issues and some sort of social issues (like going over boundaries).

3. How can I see if TRT is right for me?

In truth, I want it more for cosmetic purposes than needed it for health.

I also worry about causing permanent damage to my heart, fertility, etc.

4. I just see that many people continue their normal lifestyle and exercise routines, yet lose a fair amount of fat, gain muscle, etc.

I would love to look like this "everyman":

3 Months on Testosterone (my HONEST results) - YouTube

5. Any advice?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I believe they may have a comprehensive, downloadable book on ExcelMale.com.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi Guys,

I am about to be 37. I have definitely gained a lot of weight: some due to aging, some to inactivity, some due to meds.

My testosterone levels have always been 300-350, even though I don't show signs of hypogonadism. I have always been aggressive, put on muscle, etc. I just think I am within ranges, and Asian, hence lower rates of both testosterone and heart problems in healthy populations:

2. Testosterone gel did have a great effect the first few weeks, but later tapered off.

Primobolan depot, even one vial a week, caused libido issues and some sort of social issues (like going over boundaries).

4. I just see that many people continue their normal lifestyle and exercise routines, yet lose a fair amount of fat, gain muscle, etc.

5. Any advice?
My recommendation, as a man that’s been on TRT for nearly 10 years, I’d do everything I could to increase my natural production. If you’re overweight, then go on a good diet and hit the gym regularly. Take supplements, get good sleep, and stick to the plan. After about 6 months, go to a dr and get labs done to see where you’re at. TRT isn’t magic. It’s not going to make you lose weight and look like a Greek god. If you eat like shitt then you’ll be fat with a good level of testosterone.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi Guys,

5. Any advice?
My recommendation, as a man that’s been on TRT for nearly 10 years, I’d do everything I could to increase my natural production. If you’re overweight, then go on a good diet and hit the gym regularly. Take supplements, get good sleep, and stick to the plan. After about 6 months, go to a dr and get labs done to see where you’re at. If you’re overweight and get on TRT, you’re not going to magically lose weight. You’ll just be overweight with a good level of T.

Last edited:
Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You want it for cosmetic purposes more than health? Which means 1) you obviously don’t need it because when you need trt your general life is absolute dog **** and 2) you’re looking for magical tools to suddenly change your physique instead of putting in the work. As mentionned above you’ll remain who you are but with better test levels. Diet and cardio and suffering daily for months and years will get you in shape, not trt.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
trt isn’t going to give you ‘the look’….It’s for quality of life purposes, etc.

The biggest ‘scam’ or at least one of em, are the guys on YouTube claiming trt,….but are doing more than that…

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
TRT (or roids for that matter) is not for OP, diet and working out is.

Btw your “everyday man” is easily achieved with diet and a good program.

Last edited:

rahmams34

Awards
My recommendation, as a man that’s been on TRT for nearly 10 years, I’d do everything I could to increase my natural production. If you’re overweight, then go on a good diet and hit the gym regularly. Take supplements, get good sleep, and stick to the plan. After about 6 months, go to a dr and get labs done to see where you’re at. TRT isn’t magic. It’s not going to make you lose weight and look like a Greek god. If you eat like shitt then you’ll be fat with a good level of testosterone.
Not a single book and instruction will help you if you yourself do not want to lose weight. Eat only healthy food and exercise. I recently read about great expectations setting, I used https://freebooksummary.com/category/great-expectations-setting for this. So I want to say that you should not expect quick and big results. Everything will come gradually if you really work and want it.
This is the best and correct answer I have come across.

Last edited:
botk1161

botk1161

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
If your over about 17 percent bodyfat, you will just get fat from the testosterone your taking amortizing into estrogen. Get the fat off first. That’s my experience at 56 on TRT for 2 years now. I thought TRT was gonna do a whole bunch of stuff that it did not. It did not take fat off and did not make me look great - not even close. All things the same, I got fatter is all I got. I had eat, sleep and de stress better. Now I am seeing massive changes. I am on 100mg a test and taking nothing for estrogen (I don’t want to have to take anything). Test is at 750-800.