Is red meat essential for muscle mass?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you’re avoiding red meat for supposed negative health reasons then you have given into fear and propaganda that simply isn’t true. It’s fact that red meat is much more nutrient dense than other protein sources and if high quality than this is even more pronounced. Farmed pork, turkey, fish, chicken is quite void of nutrients and potentially full of harmful chemicals(especially pork). So if you’re just counting macros like a 20 year old meathead, then sure these sources will get your “protein” in. If you’re an adult and focused on long term health and wellness, then it’s blatantly obvious high quality red meat is at the top of the hierarchy.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you’re avoiding red meat for supposed negative health reasons then you have given into fear and propaganda that simply isn’t true. It’s fact that red meat is much more nutrient dense than other protein sources and if high quality than this is even more pronounced. Farmed pork, turkey, fish, chicken is quite void of nutrients and potentially full of harmful chemicals(especially pork). So if you’re just counting macros like a 20 year old meathead, then sure these sources will get your “protein” in. If you’re an adult and focused on long term health and wellness, then it’s blatantly obvious high quality red meat is at the top of the hierarchy.
BRB you are falling for fear mongering, so listen to my fearmongering instead!

bigthug

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I like to eat alot of red meat in the off season when I'm bulking up and I feel like I get a little stronger and fuller than on just poultry and fish

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Poultry and fish aren’t rich protein sources? Some fish are also high in healthy fats.
i love my red meat, but i also include poultry and fish in my diet at least 3 times a week often times more.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like to eat alot of red meat in the off season when I'm bulking up and I feel like I get a little stronger and fuller than on just poultry and fish
Are you counting calories? If your not logging it it’s easy to get a few hundred calories extra a day from red meat and extra fat intake which is what really would make the difference.

bigthug

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Are you counting calories? If your not logging it it’s easy to get a few hundred calories extra a day from red meat and extra fat intake which is what really would make the difference.
Yes It has something to do with extra calories and the extra nutrients in the Red meat and I also eat a huge amount of rice and fruits to get tha calories in since I'm 254 pounds and trying to get to 264

Reactions: ax1
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm 61 and haven't counted calories for years, i just make adjustments when needed.