Is ostarine even worth it these days?

weightlifter1

Awards
It seems as though the more I read the more it seems as though a cycle of ostarine isn't even worth running. I have a bottle of Ostashred and am tempted to just get rid of it seeing as though many people state the suppression/shut down wasn't worth the minuscule gains. Thoughts?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ostarine is a decent SARM however yes, the higher the dosage (results) the worse the sides are. I've been happy with the two times i ran it, i felt it worked best for a recomp or cut.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It depends on the dosage and you personally to what the results will be and how the side effects will be for you. I'd check out some osta logs on here and see how they dosed it and what their comments were to get an idea of an osta cycle.

Kevink1429

Kevink1429

Awards
Still in the guinea pig stages unfortunately. Wasn't supposed to cause suppression, but it obviously does in quite a few people. I've never personally tried it, but I've seen a couple people get some great lean gains from it. Like some people already said, it's great for a recomp. You should get stronger and leaner. Keep the doses low and run a PCT.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
I ran 8 weeks of osta at half the recommended dose. I am 52 and got great results. Strength is up and body fat went down. 505 deadlift and 425 legit squat. Had a complete physical right after run and all looked good outside of a slight decrease in good cholesterol. No other shut down to speak of. My age may play into this significantly. Ran RAD several months ago at half dose. Great results, no shut down. We are all different and thus react differently. Weigh the risk/ reward and act accordingly. Experience is a hard teacher.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still in the guinea pig stages unfortunately. Wasn't supposed to cause suppression, but it obviously does in quite a few people. I've never personally tried it, but I've seen a couple people get some great lean gains from it. Like some people already said, it's great for a recomp. You should get stronger and leaner. Keep the doses low and run a PCT.
It doesn't work like that. A compound is either suppressive or it isn't. In this case, ostarine is suppressive.

Kevink1429

Kevink1429

Awards
It doesn't work like that. A compound is either suppressive or it isn't. In this case, ostarine is suppressive.
This is what confuses me. Yes, I agree it's suppressive, but I've seen quite a few people posting bloods done right after who apparently didn't have that experience. I guess they could have gotten some ****ty stuff, but dunno. I've personally never tried it, but have been really curious about it for a while..I guess it just seems likes there's a lot to learn about it still

lstatum1s

Awards
It seems as though the more I read the more it seems as though a cycle of ostarine isn't even worth running. I have a bottle of Ostashred and am tempted to just get rid of it seeing as though many people state the suppression/shut down wasn't worth the minuscule gains. Thoughts?
I ran that same brand twice and loved it. Strength up 30-40lb on each of the big 3, dropped a belt size or more.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ostarine was suppressive at 3mg when they did tests on men (not animals)

Most guys are running 3 to 10 times that amount (10 to 30mg).

So its going to be even more suppressive the higher the dosage.

Osta is definitely best on a cut or recomp.

And best stacked with something like EpiAndro / Stano to offset any lethargy or libido issues.

weightlifter1

Awards
Ostarine was suppressive at 3mg when they did tests on men (not animals)

Most guys are running 3 to 10 times that amount (10 to 30mg).

So its going to be even more suppressive the higher the dosage.

Osta is definitely best on a cut or recomp.

And best stacked with something like EpiAndro / Stano to offset any lethargy or libido issues.
It seems as though it would be better to go with 1-andro which is much better understood and studied?

The thing about Ostarine that worries me about ostarine is the unknown long term effects.

weightlifter1

Awards
What would be a good pct for after?
Last year everything I read was saying an OTC PCT would be just fine for something as mild as Ostarine. But nowadays it's highly recommended that you do a full SERM PCT.