Is it ok to eat egg whites daily without the yolk?

skyline999

Awards
Hi all,

Is it ok to eat 4-5 egg whites and/or from the carton daily?

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ya but the yolk has an amazing vitamin profile. you should eat them too if you can fit the macro.

also know that the bioavailability of raw egg whites is much lower than cooked. I don't think any amount of pasteurization fixes this.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol 5 is nothing. When I did psmf I ate only egg whites. If not on something so restrictive you usually go a yolk or two and the rest egg whites. I actuallly just ate eight whole eggs and pancakes for breakfast yesterday. Usually go cream of rice and 6-8 whole eggs.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I eat the whole eggs, yolks and all !!

AntonyDiaz

AntonyDiaz

Awards
Totally, they're high in protein but low in cholesterol (which makes us prone to heart diseases if taken excessively).

But of course, egg yolks have their benefits when taken the right amount so don't omit them completely.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you can get Free Range Eggs from a local farm they taste so much better!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Totally, they're high in protein but low in cholesterol (which makes us prone to heart diseases if taken excessively).

But of course, egg yolks have their benefits when taken the right amount so don't omit them completely.
that’s really outdated science bro. Dietary cholesterol has no increased risk to heart disease (or impact on actual cholesterol levels)……

that whole thing many years ago was literally predicated on the assumption that eating foods containing cholesterol (suck as egg yolk) would increase cholesterol in the body. When they actually studied it they discovered that doesn’t happen at all….

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you can get Free Range Eggs from a local farm they taste so much better!!
this is correct, but some free range organic eggs aren't as good as others. the yolk should be a darker golden color. bad eggs have a lighter yellow yolk. you can taste the difference, especially drinking them raw.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
this is correct, but some free range organic eggs aren't as good as others. the yolk should be a darker golden color. bad eggs have a lighter yellow yolk. you can taste the difference, especially drinking them raw.
I got an in with the egg lady (My Daughter)

AntonyDiaz

AntonyDiaz

Awards
that’s really outdated science bro. Dietary cholesterol has no increased risk to heart disease (or impact on actual cholesterol levels)……

that whole thing many years ago was literally predicated on the assumption that eating foods containing cholesterol (suck as egg yolk) would increase cholesterol in the body. When they actually studied it they discovered that doesn’t happen at all….
Egg and cholesterol consumption and mortality from cardiovascular and different causes in the United States: A population-based cohort study. published in Feb 2021, by Pan Zhuang, Fei Wu, Lei Mao, Fanghuan Zhu, Yiju Zhang, Xiaoqian Chen, Jingjing Jiao states otherwise.
Kindly enlighten me, so I can omit this belief. Thanks, bro.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Egg and cholesterol consumption and mortality from cardiovascular and different causes in the United States: A population-based cohort study. published in Feb 2021, by Pan Zhuang, Fei Wu, Lei Mao, Fanghuan Zhu, Yiju Zhang, Xiaoqian Chen, Jingjing Jiao states otherwise.
Can't offer any studies or sources, but what @Whisky said has been my understanding too. Have read about it a few times somewhere and let myself to believe that to be true, but that's the best I can do, lol.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
care to actually link this study? it would be very difficult to measure the negative impact of eggs in a study. your body produces its own cholesterol, so the link to dietary cholesterol is likely just a correlation. and eggs are probably not the issue. the nutrient profile of the yolk is incredible so it would never be detrimental in normal amounts.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I googled it and had a quick look. This seems to be a correlation and not causation issue. It was a self reported study across a large cohort but what we don’t know is what other lifestyle factors were playing a role.

for example, vegans/vegetarians like to point to similar studies showing they have better health markers BUT they are generally more health conscious in all aspects of their life’s compared to the gen pop.

because this observational study started some years back when eggs were wrongly vilified it is very easy to see that those reporting a lower cholesterol intake would also be likely to be generally health conscious 🤷

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Egg whites are fukin bomb diggity when you're minimizing calorie intake. 300gm of those fukers is like 150kcal, and 40sh gm of protein. If it's good enough for the Cbum, it's good enough for me🤙