Unanswered Is it ok to eat 700 grams of protein?

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
My mom made a big pot of beef and oxtails last night it measured to 8 pounds all together, I counted on my fitnesspal and it came out to 731 grams of protein I ate the whole pot last night, my stomach is in literal knots right now, am I gonna be ok I know protein can mess with your livers above 60 grams what about 700?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
LOL... you gonna be okay.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Chances are will feel like crap for a while and pooping my be hard but you will live.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You didn’t leave any for the rest of the family? Kinda rude. If your liver and kidneys are healthy, shouldn’t be any issue. But I’d expect digestive discomfort for a while. That probably won’t process quickly. But who knows.

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
You didn’t leave any for the rest of the family? Kinda rude. If your liver and kidneys are healthy, shouldn’t be any issue. But I’d expect digestive discomfort for a while. That probably won’t process quickly. But who knows.
Yah man I’m extremely constipated! Can I still keep up with my bulk or will it **** my stomach up even more?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
these threads are always crazy

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
700g of anything all at once?
Prepare for the most dramatic pooping experience, certainly of your life, but perhaps in the history of the planet.

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
700g of anything all at once?
Prepare for the most dramatic pooping experience, certainly of your life, but perhaps in the history of the planet.
Bro I am having chest pains am I having a heart attack

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Prepare for the meat sweats. For a week. At least haha

Payson

Payson

Awards
My mom made a big pot of beef and oxtails last night it measured to 8 pounds all together, I counted on my fitnesspal and it came out to 731 grams of protein I ate the whole pot last night, my stomach is in literal knots right now, am I gonna be ok I know protein can mess with your livers above 60 grams what about 700?
dude. Consume 1 to 1.2 grams of protein per day per pound of body weight. But If you overdo it you could be killing your kidneys. Be careful. For real!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
dude. Consume 1 to 1.2 grams of protein per day per pound of body weight. But If you overdo it you could be killing your kidneys. Be careful. For real!
High protein diets actual improve kidney function. However, 700g is stupid...

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I consumed 500 last night before bed am experiencing helllla bad shits as well as feeling about the same as what's coming outta me

NATURALLYHARD

Awards
  • Established
I consumed 500 last night before bed am experiencing helllla bad shits as well as feeling about the same as what's coming outta me
Woke up this morning thought I was gonna have a stroke!

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tbh I'd rather eat 700g of carbs or 700g of carbs/protein/fats mixed.... 700g of protein? Thats like a tub of protein powder just so you know... But I've heard The Rock constantly eats 450g protein everyday so who knows

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Tbh I'd rather eat 700g of carbs or 700g of carbs/protein/fats mixed.... 700g of protein? Thats like a tub of protein powder just so you know... But I've heard The Rock constantly eats 450g protein everyday so who knows
700g of carbs is fairly easy thing to do in a day though compared to 700g of proteins lol

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That’s 450 per day though. Not all at once.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol You will be fine. Carnivore diet is gaining some popularity so I'm sure those guys hit high numbers a lot. Also I've seen guys on another board that like to do 500 g a day when cutting. Also that's a lot of food all at once. Probably just **** a lot of it out not fully digested.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lol You will be fine. Carnivore diet is gaining some popularity so I'm sure those guys hit high numbers a lot. Also I've seen guys on another board that like to do 500 g a day when cutting. Also that's a lot of food all at once. Probably just **** a lot of it out not fully digested.
the last aprt is what will happen... you simply cant digest that amount in the time it will take to physically work its way through your system... you eat 700 in a sitting and you might absorb 200 before you just dump it out.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the last aprt is what will happen... you simply cant digest that amount in the time it will take to physically work its way through your system... you eat 700 in a sitting and you might absorb 200 before you just dump it out.
Believe me. The body can do some amazing things. Turning it to fat etc etc. Not utilizing the actual protein the way we want to, but the kcal wont just get out. 200g is just 800 kcal. I def think the body can go way higher and use the energy. And this guy is sitting at 250 somthing lbs so no problem!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Believe me. The body can do some amazing things. Turning it to fat etc etc. Not utilizing the actual protein the way we want to, but the kcal wont just get out. 200g is just 800 kcal. I def think the body can go way higher and use the energy. And this guy is sitting at 250 somthing lbs so no problem!
yeah i dont doubt that 200 is the exact number but its certainly not even close to 100% of that 700g. simply from a physiological perspective of time spent in the body its not possible to break down protein,in a bolus "dose" - in that mass quantity, at that speed. Could be a high %, but def not even close to all for sure.

the biggest factor is simply the fact that it was in one sitting meaning its all going through the systems basically at once. There are jsut limits to how fast anything can be processed is more the point im trying to make.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The liver has to process amino acids to turn them in to whatever so it’s all rate dependent on absorption and processing via the liver

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You lost me with turn it to fat??? You mean store it as fat?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Me and 3 of my buddies went to a buffet 3x in 1 day once for a eating contest bet. We estimated we ate around 1500gm of protein and 15000calories each that day. We all fel like **** and puked at least once each but we're all fine

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me and 3 of my buddies went to a buffet 3x in 1 day once for a eating contest bet. We estimated we ate around 1500gm of protein and 15000calories each that day. We all fel like **** and puked at least once each but we're all fine
Thats crazy. When did you guys puke?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
In the long run, you will be fine.

High protein intakes, as in over 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight, tend to have damage when done chronically, over a long period of time.

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established

High protein intakes, as in over 1.5 grams per pound of bodyweight, tend to have damage when done chronically, over a long period of time.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Based on what?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I once knew a man who consumed 600 grams of protein in one sitting, 20 years down the track he died from being hit by a bus... I'd say you've got 10 years at most