Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Is Inflammation Post WO During Rehab Normal?

LB_Patriot

Member
I am recovering from a strained rectus femorus (upper quad) strain. I am at the point where I can begin exercise after over a month of rest. My body is healing very slowly. I've been doing only body weight and barbell squats with no weights and felt pretty good.

Today I added on a 25 on each side then a 45 for the next 2 sets. It felt good. Very little discomfort.

After the workout DOMS started to set in and its pretty sore right now. I wouldn't say it feels re-pulled but definitely sore and inflamed right now. I iced a few times today and massaged a bit.

My question is whether or not its normal to be sore and inflamed Post WO during the rehab/re-strengthening of a muscle.

Thanks,
 
Foam Rolling or Stick work before and after you lift can help with alot of that discomfort. Feeling sore is natural especially when working a muscle back into the groove but you want to avoid restraining it as its alot easier than you think. Surprised you dont ace wrap it at all before squatting
 
Back
Top