Is feeling 18 again on TRT unrealistic?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Ok so here's the deal. I'm 31 (almost) and I can still vividly remember ages 15-20 ish being unstoppable in terms of energy, aggression, endurance, etc

My 20s I noticed a big difference at about age 26. A pretty BIG difference, and now at 31 I'm feeling drained all the time. No depression, good diet, good training, etc with no other health problems (that I know of). I still make pretty solid progression in the gym too.

Around age 25/26 I did an HDROL cycle, and once it kicked in (that "on" feeling) I felt exactly how I used to feel all the time at age 18. High energy, mental alertness, endurance like crazy. I felt "youthful" for lack of a better term.

So my question for those who have been on TRT is....has anyone been able to attain that same level of energy and well being that you had in your teens/20s with TRT, or is that implausible due to other aging factors?

P.S. I've done No recent bloodwork to confirm I have low T, and even if I do I want to hold off as long as I can, using cycles of SERMs, AIs, and other T boosters to get me by.

So this is more of a what to expect as I get closer to that TRT possibility.

Thanks!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bloodwork is about $60 for a female hormone panel that includes TT, E2, FSH and LH along with CBC panel. It's worth it to invest to see where you are in terms of your hormone levels.

TRT is indeed a great thing IF required. It takes about a year of trial and error figuring out what doses of test and other backfill hormones are best for you.

Start with bloodwork before thinking of making the jump to this life long TRT protocol.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, it isn't unrealistic. I am 41 and have unstoppable energy, libido, and my memory gets better all the time. Muscle is packed on easily, and I am constantly asked what I am doing- but I never say because people aren't aware enough to separate TRT and steroids, so I refuse to put that in their head. Now, with that being said, genetics play a big role and how you are wired mentally. You don't get on TRT and all of a sudden change who you are, but it can bring you back to your athletic and mental peak.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mood...libido..memory..is good...energy is a hit and miss...but stress..work.sleep and diet effect my energy lvls..and it did when i was 18

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the feedback gents. I'll get some bloodwork done soon to see where I stand and go from there.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You do not just need to address the hormones, but also the person as well as evaluate the environment they are currently living in and working in as it will play one of the biggest roles in reaching a state of well being.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
You do not just need to address the hormones, but also the person as well as evaluate the environment they are currently living in and working in as it will play one of the biggest roles in reaching a state of well being.
Completely agree.

R

RockyP

Awards
Hi All new here,

I am 50yo and started TRT in the second half of 2015.
It all started with a pain in the left nipple. and not feeling well.
They tested the prolactin and it was way high, did an MRI to the pituitary and was normal but my levels were TT:296 and the Free 3.8.

I was feeling like crap. I am raising 2 small kids mostly alone and with stress, work, marriage issues and the kids I was basically a walking zombie.
I have always been in shape but this time I could not even get myself to the gym, my cholesterol went up etc.

Did not want to get on it. I knew this would have been for life but it has made a HUGE difference.
Yes I do get lethargic every now and then especially on the day before the dosage. I am on .50 per week. Yes I know it's nothing for most people but it i s working wonders for me. E2 has always been low so no too much to worry there.
I am concerned about long term use and IF possible I would like to get off but ALL the docs are saying if I do it will revert to what I was experiencing before if not worse.
Right now I am in the gym every day and feeling pretty good. My levels are within range on the mid to high side.
One issue is too much sexual appetite. a real bummer when you have marital issues.

Personally I would look at the causes of the way you are feeling but in thorough manner cause you are young and although possible you have low T I would definitely go see an ENDO and get the info and tests you need to make an informed decision because once you get on it you will pretty much have to stick it out forever unless you want to go back to feel the way do now.

Sometimes we not feel depressed but we may have situations or circumstances that may cause some we just do not think it may be.
I am not saying you are but just putting out there as another thing to look into before embarking on a life changing protocol.

Thanks

RockyP

R

RockyP

Awards
No, it isn't unrealistic. I am 41 and have unstoppable energy, libido, and my memory gets better all the time. Muscle is packed on easily, and I am constantly asked what I am doing- but I never say because people aren't aware enough to separate TRT and steroids, so I refuse to put that in their head. Now, with that being said, genetics play a big role and how you are wired mentally. You don't get on TRT and all of a sudden change who you are, but it can bring you back to your athletic and mental peak.

Hey I do the same...it is true people think that if you are on TRT you are doing steroids when in reality you are just replacing what the body is not giving you anymore.