is deca even good? should i take the deca i have prescribed to me?

gdoggydog05

Awards
i want it for joints. doc wants me to do deca 200 mg or whatever for a month then down to 100 with my trt cruising after that. i havent even started yet. i plan on upping the T to 300 for the month im on deca 200.....i am having trouble getting my weight down and i would imagine this will just get me stronger and bigger and ill still be stuck at a higher weight. i do crossfit and my weight 215 is not good for competitions. i would like to get to 190. i guess if i have it i should do it but im considering just doing 50 mg and cruising and seeing if that helps my joints - knees and elbows

why? bc i feel like i dont even hear that great of things about deca....

what do you guys think?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally I love deca.

it’s more typically used in a bulk but calorie intake determines whether you gain weight or lose weight, not anabolics.

increasing the test is likely to add a bit of water weight as well so I’d be inclined not to do that if you want to keep your weight down.

ultimately just running a small calorie deficit for a long period using whatever trt combo your doc prescribed is likely the best option for what you want to achieve

gdoggydog05

Awards
I'd bet it's better than any sarm (since you're asking about them too on another thread).
yeah im still just learning about all this. last year i maxed out my natural strength and muscle gains. its fun to actually figure out what works rather than just reading about it.....but obviously dont wanna waste time and money...... seems like sarms are good if your "natty" but only half as effective as real gear....... i do like the peptide cardarine paired with anything cause it gives you more stamina for better workouts

gdoggydog05

Awards
Personally I love deca.

it’s more typically used in a bulk but calorie intake determines whether you gain weight or lose weight, not anabolics.

increasing the test is likely to add a bit of water weight as well so I’d be inclined not to do that if you want to keep your weight down.

ultimately just running a small calorie deficit for a long period using whatever trt combo your doc prescribed is likely the best option for what you want to achieve
thats it then.....thats why ive been gaining. i had extra T left....like a whole supply when i switched T docs and went up from 200 to 600 a week, 500 a week, 450, 400, 350 and this week i was 320....... i really hope ive finally figured out why ive actually slightly gained weight on a deficit while on T and anavar......... i never had a problem losing weight while on 200 of T

this week i go back down to my 200.....im done with that blast. hopefully i can start losing body weight again for the athletics i do...... i thought the anavar was the one making it tough to lose weight. its been driving me nuts figuring out whats going on. my fitbit has me at 3000-3500 calories burned on crossfit days and 2500-3000 on non workout days. i eat 2500 on workout days high protein. and i eat about 2200 on non....... so it must be water weight. i dont know if this is a thing but during intense cardio in crossfit i actually have felt like im sort of "holding the water" that ive been drinking all day,. i drink a lot before crossfit. not quite "water jiggling in my stomach" biut close. i also gohig carbs for energy early in the day. and then eat all lean meat after crossfit

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah im still just learning about all this. last year i maxed out my natural strength and muscle gains. its fun to actually figure out what works rather than just reading about it.....but obviously dont wanna waste time and money...... seems like sarms are good if your "natty" but only half as effective as real gear....... i do like the peptide cardarine paired with anything cause it gives you more stamina for better workouts
Trying stuff out is allways fun = ) And to be clear just in case, I didn't mean my post in any negative way. Nothing wrong with asking questions (discussion on anabolics is what this section is for, right). Just felt like the comparison is a decent point to make, as you're looking in to sarms and also asking if Deca is any good.

gdoggydog05

Awards
yep... all good. this forum is fantastic.... im so glad i found it

Trying stuff out is allways fun = ) And to be clear just in case, I didn't mean my post in any negative way. Nothing wrong with asking questions (discussion on anabolics is what this section is for, right). Just felt like the comparison is a decent point to make, as you're looking in to sarms and also asking if Deca is any good.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cardarine isn't a peptide, brother.

But since it came up...
You should really look into (for yourself) it's POSSIBLE link to promoting cancer.

The studies were in mice... But keep in mind, this is the normal route for assessing safety in humans. If something doesn't make it past animal testing, it doesn't even go to human tests.

But it is noteworthy that Cardarine had Multiple Very Promising potential uses for humans, but was abandoned by its manufacturer because of it's link to rapid cancer growth in mice, in it's testing.

And knowing how much drug companies value profits .... At the very least, it should give us pause, and spur us to look into it a little for ourselves.

gdoggydog05

Awards
Cardarine isn't a peptide, brother.

But since it came up...
You should really look into (for yourself) it's POSSIBLE link to promoting cancer.

The studies were in mice... But keep in mind, this is the normal route for assessing safety in humans. If something doesn't make it past animal testing, it doesn't even go to human tests.

But it is noteworthy that Cardarine had Multiple Very Promising potential uses for humans, but was abandoned by its manufacturer because of it's link to rapid cancer growth in mice, in it's testing.

And knowing how much drug companies value profits .... At the very least, it should give us pause, and spur us to look into it a little for ourselves.
touche. i think ill only use it for these last 5 weeks with anavar then throw it into the woods for the mice

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
touche. i think ill only use it for these last 5 weeks with anavar then throw it into the woods for the mice
I think everyone should make their own decisions.
But their decisions should've based upon the research they've done.

(y)

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
Deca is a good drug. It's highly potent and a great muscle builder. I was on it, but I had to quit using it because the deca dick got so bad I couldn't cum at all.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Deca is a good drug. It's highly potent and a great muscle builder. I was on it, but I had to quit using it because the deca dick got so bad I couldn't cum at all.
What was your dosing protocol ?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
300mg a week and 250mg test
have you ever tried npp instead? Apparently for some guys that resolves the dick issues.

obviously needs pinning more frequently which is a downside for some (I’m pleased I’m ok on 600mg deca for that reason tbh).

bouldershoulders

Awards
I really like deca, even like it without test.
I personally wouldn’t do that. I have without issue. But now I like 600-700 deca and 400-500mg test for 20-30 weeks. Pct. Repeat in a year.

Last edited:
Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally wouldn’t do that. I have without issue. But now I like 600-700 deca and 400-500mg test for 20-30 weeks. Pct. Repeat in a year.
Yea that's cool, I just don't like high test. I'm a high estrogen converter, but lately it seems like im becoming a lower converter. If that's possible.