Is anybody else shutting down again

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I just read that my county is on the verge of shutting down at any time. Not sure what this means for stores or gym.... hopefully lock down wont be as strict as last time

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude I’m from jersey and gyms never even opened up yet let alone talking about closing back down.. you lucky your gyms even opened.. I honestly said **** ever going back to the gym and order a leg press and multi press station from Powertec.. honesty best decision I ever made! Don’t have tonworrry about gym crowds or any bullshit can lift when ever I want.. at home in pajamas blast music etcetera! Don’t know if anyone here is familiar with powertec but they are the best bang for your buck and are all plate loaded machines

Rebuild

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
My governor is talking about another stay at home order, and gyms haven't even opened yet. I don't expect gyms to open until 2021 at this point.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As long as my country leaves the borders to the USA closed we should be good to go hahahaha

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My governor is talking about another stay at home order, and gyms haven't even opened yet. I don't expect gyms to open until 2021 at this point.
I honestly feel for you on that one. ❤ Fucking sucks.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No talk about it here, but we've been pretty good about requiring masks and haven't seen the surge other places more lax have. They require them when you are working out, not just walking in, but I found the cooling neck gaiters to be easy to breath in so no big deal.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I haven’t heard that but I do expect it at some point. Hopefully I’m wrong

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think my state is good. We're one of the few I've seen, if data is correct, where everything is declining. But we'll see what happens in five weeks when schools reopen.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually CDC has announced for the 12th straight week covid, flu, pneumonia deaths have declined nationally. Just saying facts not politics.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Actually CDC has announced for the 12th straight week covid, flu, pneumonia deaths have declined nationally. Just saying facts not politics.
Oh really? How is that so

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Yeah, good move on the no politics part.
I'm pretty sure a couple of long-time members got banned recently.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh really? How is that so
Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 8.1% during week 27 to 6.4% during week 28, representing the twelfth week of a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC. All info on CDC.gov. Just remember both sides of the media want to grab the headlines, you really need to do your own research and all the info is out there. Stay safe.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza or COVID-19 (PIC) decreased from 8.1% during week 27 to 6.4% during week 28, representing the twelfth week of a declining percentage of deaths due to PIC. All info on CDC.gov. Just remember both sides of the media want to grab the headlines, you really need to do your own research and all the info is out there. Stay safe.
So you guys are at 60-70k cases daily, which is 3 to 4 time more than in may and you don’t see further than there’s less death?

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm just passing info from CDC, there are plenty of things that can be said but who cares everyone can figure things for themselves. Crazy in the NBA zero positive tests since being in the bubble.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, good move on the no politics part.
I'm pretty sure a couple of long-time members got banned recently.
didn’t know anyone got banned but saw that other thread was pretty heated with insults flying so no great surprise.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
didn’t know anyone got banned but saw that other thread was pretty heated with insults flying so no great surprise.

Yeah, I'm not going to mention any names or specifics, but it got rough.
... And those conversations tend to get rough.

... We definitely should try to keep them out of the "Anabolics" section IMO.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I'm not going to mention any names or specifics, but it got rough.
... And those conversations tend to get rough.

... We definitely should try to keep them out of the "Anabolics" section IMO.
Or just completely out since most people are unable to have a conversation when their opinion is questioned / viewed differently.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Problem is people get upset when others don't agree with they their opinion, they represent their opinion like it's a fact. Everyone
Or just completely out since most people are unable to have a conversation when their opinion is questioned / viewed differently.
Agreed!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think if your gym opened I do not see them closing.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In the UK they’ve given local councils the ability to do ‘lightening lockdowns’ to deal with regional flare ups. Gyms Allowed open on Saturday but they’ll be the first to close if the numbers increase.

probably fair to say that the uk numbers had been brought way down below Those that your still getting in the states but uk gov really worried about another increase.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will say that I have called out a couple of people in the gym for not wearing masks when it is clear that it is policy and mandatory to stay open. I have no problem embarrassing someone for thinking they are above everyone else and risk closure by not following the rules- which has been threatened. Each time I just got a glare and stare down, but no one has said anything and they end up leaving.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will say that I have called out a couple of people in the gym for not wearing masks when it is clear that it is policy and mandatory to stay open. I have no problem embarrassing someone for thinking they are above everyone else and risk closure by not following the rules- which has been threatened. Each time I just got a glare and stare down, but no one has said anything and they end up leaving.
people bitch and whine when places are shut down, then when they do open, don't want to follow rules to keep those places open.

good on you!!!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yeah I agree with you doing that. Ultimately no one ‘wants’ to wear a mask but if the alternative Is the gyms closing again then it’s on everyone to man the **** up and follow the rules just to keep them open.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agree just follow the rules, strange I have been saying that for my whole life. Funny how simple life is, lol.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m in AZ and we’ve been re shutdown since June 8th, and as of today, are shutdown indefinitely until AZ gets under control.
My wife loves it. Kids are driving me insane.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well being in Florida I do not see us shutting down again......

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I work in a gym and have to do this a couple times per day. And it’s usually the same people every time. 🤷‍♂️

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I work in a gym and have to do this a couple times per day. And it’s usually the same people every time. 🤷‍♂️
Probably always dudes I bet?
i always only get attitude/back talk from dudes not following rules in the gym.
I just wanna be like, “BRO! The rules are simple. I don’t make them. Why you gotta give me a hard time? Just do it FFS,”
No body wants to work out at home yet they always want to treat the gym like it’s their house.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just wanna be like, “BRO! The rules are simple. I don’t make them. Why you gotta give me a hard time? Just do it FFS,”
No body wants to work out at home yet they always want to treat the gym like it’s their house.
Exactly my feelings, not just about the gym, but everywhere that has established these guidelines. It's so very basic that it's infuriating to even think about- if there is a rule on masks or whatever safety measures are needed and you want to enter that business- follow the damn rules. You don't like the rules or want to comply- don't go. Simple as that. And stop thinking any of us give a crap about your stance because we don't. If not for yourself, maybe just a sliver of care for the others around you.

While I have the floor- stop patronizing everyone by wearing your mask chin strap or dicknose wearing. Wear it properly or GTFO.

K, I feel better. lol

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Exactly my feelings, not just about the gym, but everywhere that has established these guidelines. It's so very basic that it's infuriating to even think about- if there is a rule on masks or whatever safety measures are needed and you want to enter that business- follow the damn rules. You don't like the rules or want to comply- don't go. Simple as that. And stop thinking any of us give a crap about your stance because we don't. If not for yourself, maybe just a sliver of care for the others around you.

While I have the floor- stop patronizing everyone by wearing your mask chin strap or dicknose wearing. Wear it properly or GTFO.

K, I feel better. lol
Thanks Karen

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, usually just men (or rather, self entitled toddlers), except 1 whole family I deal with who ALL claim asthma so I’m stuck and can’t enforce it.

I also don’t understand how wearing a mask surrenders my freedom. That’s one of the dumbest correlations/causations I’ve ever heard. I wear pants to Walmart and I’m not allowed to drive drunk. There’s no difference.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
...and you are exactly who we are talking about I am sure.
I am exactly who YOU are talking about. And I don't give one s*t about it.
And your exactly who WE are talking about (WE being the immensely larger silent majority).

Last edited:

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm confused using Karen and claiming to be the silent majority? Those are 2 completely different groups.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm confused why this conversation is in the Anabolics section.

Can you guys please take this to the appropriate area?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes please I already said once that this about gyms closing no silent majority or anything else I'm only worried about my gym closing down 3 weeks into my new cycle

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well my states numbers are through the roof and we are not closing down