Unanswered Is 250mg test good for a first cycle?

ayyyman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I did an anavar only cycle in June (60mg/ 4 weeks), and reacted really well to it. I put on 17 lbs + 1in of fat on my midsection, so maybe 8-10lbs of muscle accounting for fat+water weight.

Im looking into my first test cycle and now im considering starting at 250mg, rather than 500mg. Is receptor desensitization real? Should i run 12 weeks of 250mg, or 6 weeks of 250mg and 6 weeks of 500mg? Or just start at 500mg for 12 weeks?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
250mg is right above TRT level so you won’t get too much out of it, you can start there and go up but I would recommend to stay around 300-350mg and add another Anabolic. It all depends on your goals long term.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would start at 300 or 350. I personally like to use as little as possible so I can have room to grow and increase without having to do a gram a week.

Increase as you go and you learn what your body likes. For me 500mg was plenty enough to see really good results, but some of my friends went to 750 their first run. I’m in it for the long game though

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would start at 300 or 350. I personally like to use as little as possible so I can have room to grow and increase without having to do a gram a week.

Increase as you go and you learn what your body likes. For me 500mg was plenty enough to see really good results, but some of my friends went to 750 their first run. I’m in it for the long game though
This go 350-400 minimum. Not saying 250 wouldnt do anything but 400 is still a great beginners dose to get your feet wet and you'll make great gains. At 250 you wont totally get a great idea of actual working power of testosterone.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I did an anavar only cycle in June (60mg/ 4 weeks), and reacted really well to it. I put on 17 lbs + 1in of fat on my midsection, so maybe 8-10lbs of muscle accounting for fat+water weight.

Im looking into my first test cycle and now im considering starting at 250mg, rather than 500mg. Is receptor desensitization real? Should i run 12 weeks of 250mg, or 6 weeks of 250mg and 6 weeks of 500mg? Or just start at 500mg for 12 weeks?
I agree with CC and GS.

I'm really surprised that you gained fat on an Anavar cycle. I never have, and I'm not always as careful about diet as I should be. How much of the 17 lbs do you still have? Do you still have the 1" on your waist?

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
I have thought about anavar only cycles but was always talked out of it.

ayyyman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I agree with CC and GS.

I'm really surprised that you gained fat on an Anavar cycle. I never have, and I'm not always as careful about diet as I should be. How much of the 17 lbs do you still have? Do you still have the 1" on your waist?
I was eating ~4000 at a 2800 natural maintenance. Ive been cutting the last 12 weeks at 2300. My waist went from 32 pre cycle, to 33 post anavar, and its 29 now. Based on photos it looks like i kept a fair amount of size. I havent had access to a scale, but i went from 205 14% after the anavar cycle and maybe im around 185 7-8% now, if i were to guess.

ayyyman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have thought about anavar only cycles but was always talked out of it.
I think its great, i've done it twice. Im sure with test its infinitely better, but i dont have any experience with test.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think its great, i've done it twice. Im sure with test its infinitely better, but i dont have any experience with test.
I've used it both ways. With Test is better, but I enjoyed both.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Im so jelly, i need uk source for good var (subtle hint)

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think everyone is different. I’ve ran up to a gram and like 250mg almost just as much which I know sounds weird. Saves money, sides, and still gives an edge. You might not have that experience tho

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was eating ~4000 at a 2800 natural maintenance. Ive been cutting the last 12 weeks at 2300. My waist went from 32 pre cycle, to 33 post anavar, and its 29 now. Based on photos it looks like i kept a fair amount of size. I havent had access to a scale, but i went from 205 14% after the anavar cycle and maybe im around 185 7-8% now, if i were to guess.
how long has it been? those are very nice results to be able to maintain, imo.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think everyone is different. I’ve ran up to a gram and like 250mg almost just as much which I know sounds weird. Saves money, sides, and still gives an edge. You might not have that experience tho

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Got it over the counter in SE Asia.. gotta love Thailand.
Can you bring me back some of that lady boy semen tony huge is always talkin bout, sposed to be very high protein

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with what your saying! I have ran higher doses of test before like 600mg but never felt good on it. Like anxiety bloating feeling hot. Heart beating faster.. these days 300mg test cyp seems to give a great edge and slow and steady gains over a longer period of time without excessive water retention. What do you think?

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I agree with what your saying! I have ran higher doses of test before like 600mg but never felt good on it. Like anxiety bloating feeling hot. Heart beating faster.. these days 300mg test cyp seems to give a great edge and slow and steady gains over a longer period of time without excessive water retention. What do you think?
Exactly, i dont even want to go to 500mg my next cycle, would rather stay at 250-400mg.

However, the strength, aggression and libido gains at 500mg are amazing, so i might go to 500mg for like 6 weeks.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with the guys about less is more. But...

Nothing compares to my first pinned cycle of test. To go back and do it again I would run 500.

I know 350-400 would yield good results but 500 on his first run blow the fack up. That's not a lot of test.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I agree with the guys about less is more. But...

Nothing compares to my first pinned cycle of test. To go back and do it again I would run 500.

I know 350-400 would yield good results but 500 on his first run blow the fack up. That's not a lot of test.
If he runs 300 and gains 10 lbs, vs 15 lbs at 500, but come out with the ability to run at 500 the next cycle and gain another 10lbs, yeah it would take longer but it’s more manageable and over your lift time smaller but steady increases are better for the body

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Believe I would love to say fuk it and just bump my test dose straight up but now at 29 my body just started to wig out and become very sensitive to skin these mental affects from anabolics it fuking sucks. Like i remember joining these boards around 2011 when I was 21 and I swear I would run all kinds of different designer orals left and right and never really notice to much in the way of mental affects like anxiety panic attacks heart palpitations. I guess the central nervous system just broke at some point because I definitely believe the menta issues I was experiencing had to definitely do with imbalances neurologically like serotonin dopamine etc etc.. because I feel they are now normalized and very stable but anabolics I guess certain ones can alter them..

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
250 a week is fine for you first run. You could also do it every 5 or 6 days instead. The best test cycle I ever ran was back in the 90's. It was durateston 250 which was basically Brazilian sustanon. One amp every 5 days and it was sick. I was eating lean and gained about 9 pounds. Strength for me was like never before. I did free weight incline presses @ 275lbs for 8 reps. Smith machine military presses to the front touching my collar bone with 275 for 5 or 6 reps. Free weight squats with 405 for 20 reps all the way down. That **** was crazy good. No acne or negative sides either. My prick was firing on all cylinders as well.