Is 200mg/week TRT enough to add muscle?

BJE

BJE

Awards
My doctor has increased my test cyp dose from 100 to 150 then to 200 per week. Though I realize it matters what effect the dose has on your testosterone level, should one expect to get boost in muscle mass at 200 per week or would it take a much higher dose?

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could see results depending on how your body responds to it.
I know a guy that gets better gains on 250mg/week than I get at 500.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
If thyroid, sleep hygiene adrenals e2 and mainly digestion is not optimal does not matter how much you take one will not get true benefits. I see it on a daily basis from people

napalm

napalm

Awards
I've put on ~20 lbs of decent mass in the 1 1/2 yrs I've been on trt. My dose has never been higher than 150/week, and is now 60 every 4 days. If you train hard and eat big, there's no doubt you'll put on some muscle.

And IMO, anything higher than 200/week isn't trt, it's a mini cycle.

The question is, what were your levels at 100/150 per week? If that wasn't getting you into the thousands, something else is going on.

150/week had me in the 1100's - waaaay too high for me...

BJE

BJE

Awards
My trough level at 150 per week was 276. My trough level at 200 is at 501. I don't know what my peak level is.

napalm

napalm

Awards
My trough level at 150 per week was 276. My trough level at 200 is at 501. I don't know what my peak level is.
My friend, there's something else going on. Is your trt through a pcp or endo?

BJE

BJE

Awards
My friend, there's something else going on. Is your trt through a pcp or endo?
An endo, but he's not too interested in TRT. I am switching to my regular physician in order to get more personalized care.

napalm

napalm

Awards
How long after injection is the trough?

napalm

napalm

Awards
I am injecting IM weekly. The tests were done on injection day before injecting.
Hmm, I don't think you need to increase your dose, I think you need to inject more frequently. I went from weekly injections to every 3 days for a while, now I'm every 4 days. The benefit is that you never really have a trough. Much more stable levels, and I'll bet you a dollar if you went to 75 (or less) every 3-4 days things would level out for you...

BJE

BJE

Awards
Hmm, I don't think you need to increase your dose, I think you need to inject more frequently. I went from weekly injections to every 3 days for a while, now I'm every 4 days. The benefit is that you never really have a trough. Much more stable levels, and I'll bet you a dollar if you went to 75 (or less) every 3-4 days things would level out for you...
I have tried sub q and IM once a week, twice a week, every three days, every other day and every day. It's true that I had a higher trough on more frequent injections, but I feel better now than I have felt ever on TRT. I am also using HCG at a dose of 250IU on each of the two days before injection. This should help raise the trough level. When I tested I did not use the HCG before because I wanted to find out what the test cyp by itself was doing. Probably next time I'll do the HCG injections before the test to see what my true trough is.

I think that with more frequent injections I didn't have a trough but also I didn't have a peak, and I don't think my level was ever high enough to feel well. I have not done more frequent injections on 200 per week.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I have tried sub q and IM once a week, twice a week, every three days, every other day and every day. It's true that I had a higher trough on more frequent injections, but I feel better now than I have felt ever on TRT. I am also using HCG at a dose of 250IU on each of the two days before injection. This should help raise the trough level. When I tested I did not use the HCG before because I wanted to find out what the test cyp by itself was doing. Probably next time I'll do the HCG injections before the test to see what my true trough is.

I think that with more frequent injections I didn't have a trough but also I didn't have a peak, and I don't think my level was ever high enough to feel well. I have not done more frequent injections on 200 per week.
Then I'm out of ideas, you need to find an endo that has a sizable trt practice.

60 every 4 days puts me from 700-900.

Good luck...

Edit: and I'm back to thinking something else is going on...

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
HCG will have a slight bump in T and also some HCG users report a better sense of well being while using HCG.

texastea

Awards
If thyroid, sleep hygiene adrenals e2 and mainly digestion is not optimal does not matter how much you take one will not get true benefits. I see it on a daily basis from people
Hygiene?

BJE

BJE

Awards
However, I don't believe any of these things would effect the blood test results if you are injecting.

BJE

BJE

Awards
HCG will have a slight bump in T and also some HCG users report a better sense of well being while using HCG.
I've been using HCG for about two years. Dr. Crisler recommends that when on weekly injections that you do the HCG one and two days before injection. This timing he says gives a boost of natural testosterone just when the injected testosterone is running low.

Another benefit of HCG is fuller heavier testicles. When I'm not using HCG my testicles stay pulled up tight to my body. They don't hang even after a hot shower. On HCG they hang low as usual.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Adrenal imbalances will chew testosterone up quickly. Pmgamer aka phil has seen this happen numerous times in labs when trt was the same dosages. There is a reason you are chewing it up. Low shbg could be numerous things

BJE

BJE

Awards
Adrenal imbalances will chew testosterone up quickly. Pmgamer aka phil has seen this happen numerous times in labs when trt was the same dosages. There is a reason you are chewing it up. Low shbg could be numerous things
I have high SHBG. In my most recent test my SHBG was 44.4. Historically it has been in the 65-75 range. As my testosterone level has gone up my SHBG level has dropped although its still quite high.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Matrix- how would one help treat adrenal issues?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Find the reason why through detailed history. Its very simple. I done seversl hundreds of these over the years. Do them in my sleep

lboston

lboston

Awards
Find the reason why through detailed history. Its very simple. I done seversl hundreds of these over the years. Do them in my sleep
I'm sure it's from drinking a ton of coffee and pre-workout drinks full of stims.

Any suggestions?

BJE

BJE

Awards
I for one have never used caffeine or any other stimulant.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
i was just prescribed 200mg test cyp injections every two weeks. I've been readin Lot that this will have me on a roller coaster of emotions,energy etc...... i figured I'd ask people who have been through this. what are your experiences?

lboston

lboston

Awards
i was just prescribed 200mg test cyp injections every two weeks. I've been readin Lot that this will have me on a roller coaster of emotions,energy etc...... i figured I'd ask people who have been through this. what are your experiences?
Best is 80-100mg / week split in to two injections if you are injecting yourself. It will most certainly minimize the emotional sides.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Best is 80-100mg / week split in to two injections if you are injecting yourself. It will most certainly minimize the emotional sides.
If you are prescribed 200 EOW this is a much better type of administration.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take that 200 and split that into 100mg ew at minimum. Ideally, you'll be able to do 50mg e3.5d. That seems to be the sweet spot for a lot of us.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Take that 200 and split that into 100mg ew at minimum. Ideally, you'll be able to do 50mg e3.5d. That seems to be the sweet spot for a lot of us.
it's actually every three weeks i just read directions. does this change anything?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's actually every three weeks i just read directions. does this change anything?
If you are self injecting then you have the ability to control the protocol. The only issue is that 200mg every 3 weeks breaks down to just under 70mg a week, which is not much. That is going to be on the low side weekly. It is 1000x better than the hormonal rollercoaster you would be on with that incredibly dated 3week recommendation.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
can i take a test booster along with the injections to make up difference of weekly dose ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. A test booster is designed to help assist natural test production (and they generally suck at that). You are no longer using your natural test production once you go on TRT and dependent on exogenous.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know I'm a little late in the game here, but I can attest Matrix has a valid point. When I first came back around after an injury and a ton of health problems, I was about to go on TRT and was on 5 meds just to treat symptoms of hyperthyroidism. After testing my DNA, and consulting with a clinical nutritionist, making some changes, I'm off 4 of them and my test went from 258 to 840 and I'm 35 and have cycled many times.

vassille

Awards
I know I'm a little late in the game here, but I can attest Matrix has a valid point. When I first came back around after an injury and a ton of health problems, I was about to go on TRT and was on 5 meds just to treat symptoms of hyperthyroidism. After testing my DNA, and consulting with a clinical nutritionist, making some changes, I'm off 4 of them and my test went from 258 to 840 and I'm 35 and have cycled many times.
Valid point.

How did you end up with hyperthyrodism?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Genetic predisposition. But I wonder what AAS contributed. It did seem to get worse soon after I ended a 12 week cycle.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Correct, typically resulting in lower TSH values and an elevated Total T4. However, Low T4 with low TSH can sometimes indicate a pituitary problem. There is no way, despite studies on aas and endocrine function, to know for sure how it will effect an individual. They could be predisposed to pituitary or thyroid disorder or be borderline, and introducing an exogenous hormone was all it needed to throw it out of balance.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Correct, typically resulting in lower TSH values and an elevated Total T4. However, Low T4 with low TSH can sometimes indicate a pituitary problem. There is no way, despite studies on aas and endocrine function, to know for sure how it will effect an individual. They could be predisposed to pituitary or thyroid disorder or be borderline, and introducing an exogenous hormone was all it needed to throw it out of balance.
What are symptoms?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anxiety, high blood pressure and appetite loss. However, after reading every study I could get my hands on, I don't believe aas were a major factor in my hyperthyroidism. Here's a great read on the subject, you'll have to google it because it's on another bb site:

The Effects of Anabolic Steroids on Thyroid Function
by Karl Hoffman

lboston

lboston

Awards
Anxiety, high blood pressure and appetite loss. However, after reading every study I could get my hands on, I don't believe aas were a major factor in my hyperthyroidism. Here's a great read on the subject, you'll have to google it because it's on another bb site:

The Effects of Anabolic Steroids on Thyroid Function
by Karl Hoffman
Thanks. I appreciate you sharing. I'll definitely check it out.

vassille

Awards
Genetic predisposition. But I wonder what AAS contributed. It did seem to get worse soon after I ended a 12 week cycle.
Interesting, I felt that mine slowed down on AAS however it seems to have sped up after I did a small T3 supplemetation for a while and after cessation of the T3 I cant eat enough food to keep up my weight.
I have to check my thyroid again to see what happened.
I know that HGH slows it down too

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
can i run a 4 week ph cycle of epi while being on 200mg test cyp every 3 weeks?

lboston

lboston

Awards
can i run a 4 week ph cycle of epi while being on 200mg test cyp every 3 weeks?
I'd be much more concerned with getting my protocol squared away than I would be worrying about running a cycle...